Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 and Y price drop Jan 2023 / April 2023 / Oct 2023 and All other Pricing Speculation going forward

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only MY with 4680s is the 'standard range'. Not sure if there is an equivalent M3 at the moment. There simply isn't a 4680 configuration with enough capacity for a LR or performance Y, so I guess it would only be possible on a limited range M3.

HW4 on the other hand is virtually guaranteed on new model Ys.

I was worried by the lack of USS sensors, but did drive a new MY a few months ago, and things worked way better than I expected. I was initially planning to keep the 2020 LR Y for another year, but the FSD transfer (plus tons of other improvements), made me decide to get a new one now.

BTW: I was also looking at competitors, but after the CCS to NACS change of various EV brands it felt better to hold off until that sorts itself out in a few years time.

Hi, I'm lucky that I can choose Tesla Model Y as a company car (Europe). However, normally I had to order it end of this year (October-November) but now our policy changed and the ordering date has been moved to February next year. Not that this is a problem but I'm a bit anxious about the price, since Tesla is known for changing their prices often and if the price increases I won't be able to choose it. I know that no one will be able to answer with 100% certaintybut what do you guys think? Will prices for Model Y increase or decrease or stay equal in Q1 2024? Thanks!

Hi, I'm lucky that I can choose Tesla Model Y as a company car (Europe). However, normally I had to order it end of this year (October-November) but now our policy changed and the ordering date has been moved to February next year. Not that this is a problem but I'm a bit anxious about the price, since Tesla is known for changing their prices often and if the price increases I won't be able to choose it. I know that no one will be able to answer with 100% certaintybut what do you guys think? Will prices for Model Y increase or decrease or stay equal in Q1 2024? Thanks!
why does the price change affect your ability to order or not? It's a company car isn't it? The company is paying for it regardless.

I am taking delivery of a Model Y on September 2nd and just saw that all the inventory Model Y got a price cut in NJ area. Anyone successfully got an adjustment yet? I called my delivery location and was told they are not sure if I will be eligible for a price adjustment. They will check and give me a call later. I am also transferring FSD from my old Model 3 to the new Model Y. So I don't think cancelling and re-order will be an option if they refuse to adjust.

Yes, it was an inventory car. It was discounted by $1,030 when I ordered it. Today, same inventory car has a discount over 4k.
It's not the same car, though, since your order was for a specific VIN. Worst case you may have to cancel and order and one of the $4k-off cars and eat the $250 order fee. It can't hurt to try contacting tesla but I found that even before I picked up their responsiveness to texts was markedly reduced once I made an actual order vs in pre-sales.

It's not the same car, though, since your order was for a specific VIN. Worst case you may have to cancel and order and one of the $4k-off cars and eat the $250 order fee. It can't hurt to try contacting tesla but I found that even before I picked up their responsiveness to texts was markedly reduced once I made an actual order vs in pre-sales.
I am still waiting on their response. Only problem with cancelling current order is the FSD transfer. My understanding is that I can't reverse the FSD transfer once I submitted the transfer from my current model 3 to the new model y.

Reactions: EatsShoots
Maybe because of the the new model 3 highlander, it seems besides lots of good upgrades (ventilated seat, Road noise remediation, etc. ), the range would be 10% more across trims. People know the upgrades on model 3 will happen on model Y eventually. It would be tough to move the current inventory at msrp. The model Y inventories are at ~4000 off as I’m checking today. I feel they will further cut the price.

I can definitely relate but it’s time to enjoy the car.

Reactions: morbidz