Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do most people get approved?
I started working full time out of college less than 2 years ago and got approved for the 36 month loan with 20K down. Maybe the fact that I use Wells Fargo for my checking account made a difference and that my salary is relatively high but if I can get approved with only 2-3 years of credit history then I'm pretty sure most people can.

Reactions: nurseyag
Congrats!! Any other issues other than what you noted above?

No other issues. No panel gap or anything out of the ordinary. This is matrix lights?

Attachments

• 0CED12B7-B256-40B3-9CF3-9C346EEAEFA6.jpeg
    0CED12B7-B256-40B3-9CF3-9C346EEAEFA6.jpeg
    478.9 KB · Views: 118
I started working full time out of college less than 2 years ago and got approved for the 36 month loan with 20K down. Maybe the fact that I use Wells Fargo for my checking account made a difference and that my salary is relatively high but if I can get approved with only 2-3 years of credit history then I'm pretty sure most people can.
We’re only putting 5k down. If it doesn’t work with Tesla finance any other 3rd party loans you recommend?

Reactions: bdhaduk
Order date: 1/13/14
EDD: Feb 4 - 18
VIN - Feb 4th
Blue/Black 19" MYLR
Seattle, WA

Just got VIN this morning and scheduled delivery for this Thursday 2/9

Took 22 days to VIN and 27 to delivery. Not bad considering what people have had to wait for last year.
That's pretty reasonable timeframe. So you get to select your delivery schedule right after receiving the VIN? I am still waiting for the schedule, got VIN on 1/29

I'm also in NJ. I got my VIN 1/27 and then was able to schedule on 2/1 and was offered two possible days for delivery, 2/11 or 2/13. Seems a bit slower here, but probably won't be much longer
Yours is pretty good. I hope I will be able to schedule mine in the next few days. I was told through message that the car might be delivered to the service center on 2/12. Fingers crossed ...

Reactions: nj987
We’re only putting 5k down. If it doesn’t work with Tesla finance any other 3rd party loans you recommend?
There's quite a few federal credit unions with lower rates than Tesla so I'd say any of them.

Only reason I'm not doing that is the issues people have been having with these credit unions not accepting ID verification online sometimes or rejecting the loan at the last minute or having to go through the process twice if you reject Tesla's delivery and get a new VIN. I'd rather just take Tesla's loan and then refinance later on.

However, Tower FCU is the lowest I've seen and I also had gotten approved for their 2.24% APR for 36 month but they are the credit union having the most issues right now so I'm not sure if they are worth the hassle at the moment

Reactions: nurseyag