Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dont think thats what It means. I just think the local inventory dried up. My EDD is end of March and I no longer see the option to view local inventory for an "accelerated delivery" I can view it manually just going to the home page, but it no longer shows up indicating "similar vehicles match your configuration" or whatever it used to say.
It makes sense. Anyhow, @murmur11 's VIN should show up soon given the OD. Good luck!

Reactions: murmur11
I don't know if it means anything but I used to see two boxes under 'Manage' page on Tesla website, one for 'Federal Tax Credit' and the other for 'Accelerated Delivery', and 'Accelerated Delivery' box disappeared this morning. OD 1/15 and same EDD 2/8-3/8 as updated on 1/18.
This may not be the case for you, but this box would disappear for me when there were no similar models nearby. It didn't mean I was getting my VIN. I saw it disappear 2 weeks go with no VIN.

Anyone know how difficult it is to get approved with Tesla financing for the loan application? I ordered my MYLR white/white on 1/29 with a EDD of 3/13-3/31 but no VIN yet and was going to wait to do the application until I get a VIN. What kind of questions does it ask and do I need pay stubs? I just started my new job and don’t have pay stubs yet. My husband is my co-signer as well.
The loan application takes 5 minutes to fill and typically a few seconds to get approved for. No pay stubs necessary. You’ll be fine.

Reactions: nurseyag
Do most people get approved?
I would wager a guess that more Tesla buyers get approved for financing than buyers of other brands like Kia, Mitsubishi, Nissan, and Dodge. I base this guess on the assumption that a typical Tesla buyer is more creditworthy and knowledgeable about what they're getting in to. I could be totally wrong here and there may be all kinds of unqualified people who try to buy Teslas, but I'd bet the local Kia dealer has to decline a lot more applications than Tesla.

Last edited:
Reactions: nurseyag and Hiline
Do most people get approved?
I don't remember the questions, but it was very straight forward. Pretty sure I got approval very quickly (with excellent credit), the rate I was given was 5.34% for any duration. It's Tesla loan via Wells Fargo.This was 2-3 weeks ago, not sure if it changed.

Found better rates via credit union, but man they're giving me a headache and making it so difficult lol.

Reactions: nurseyag