Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 1/14 white/black LR with no options. Original EDD was Jan-Mar. Then it changed to Jan 29-Feb 12. Then changed to Feb 5-19. Still no VIN and today is the 5th so assuming it's going to change again tomorrow. We are about 45 minutes from Fremont so hopefully once a VIN is assigned delivery won't take long.

Then I would suggest to install the PPF yourself. There are plenty of good DIY kits out there. I did my research on them too but then found this installer at good price so I thought I would rather get it done from them. Let me know if you want more info on DIY kits and I can share the links with you.
Do you know if I can buy Stek / Suntek PPF rolls? All I can see is that going through an installer is the only way. What about PPF rolls off of ebay? Are they any good?

Ordered 1/14 white/black LR with no options. Original EDD was Jan-Mar. Then it changed to Jan 29-Feb 12. Then changed to Feb 5-19. Still no VIN and today is the 5th so assuming it's going to change again tomorrow. We are about 45 minutes from Fremont so hopefully once a VIN is assigned delivery won't take long.
I have the same order date and EDD dates including it getting pushed back last Monday to start today. Also 30 minutes from Fremont. Only difference is I ordered blue. Texted the 510 number this morning and was told based on their production plans I should have a VIN in the next few days 🤞. So maybe we’ll both get some good news this week.

MYLR - White/Black/20inch/7seater
OD: 1/23
EDD: 3/29 - 3/31
EDD2: 4/5 - 5/17

LB, Ca

7 seater order a curse? Wtf
Not really.

I ordered a MYLR5 the same day, way early in the morning. And later changed it to MYLR7, before getting the EDD. When I did get the EDD, it was 4/2-5/14. So… it lines up with my dates.

Heres the thing. MYLR5s can be made at either Fremont or Austin factories. But while Austin focuses solely on MYLR5 (as far as available production anyway), Fremont has MYLR7, MYP, M3, MS and MX lines. So they’re likely to production less of a given model variant.

It seems something wrong in the system. Have you checked with your SA?
I don't have an SA. How do you get one? The sales clerk at my local Tesla location said that since I ordered online there wasn't anything he could do.

All I have is email correspondence with tom, dick & [email protected] who reply to my multiple queries with, "Your Tesla app is the source of truth for your delivery timing after placing your order. Delivery timing estimates are subject to change, and your Tesla app will always reflect the latest details and most accurate estimate. Vehicle availability timing varies based on many factors, including production, and logistics. Once your car is available, we will contact you to schedule a delivery appointment. Please await further updates."

I did not try this. Just saw while googling vin
Thought will put it here

I gave it a shot and didn't come up with anything. According to my SA, my car is scheduled to come out of production on Tuesday. That he had this information seems to indicate that I am already at least somewhat tied to a VIN, but it doesn't show up in the source code. I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla made changes to hide it after this article came out, as having it available prematurely likely costs them a huge amount of unnecessary customer-service time.

Reactions: SANTRI
I gave it a shot and didn't come up with anything. According to my SA, my car is scheduled to come out of production on Tuesday. That he had this information seems to indicate that I am already at least somewhat tied to a VIN, but it doesn't show up in the source code. I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla made changes to hide it after this article came out, as having it available prematurely likely costs them a huge amount of unnecessary customer-service time.
I tried as well

Top line definitely shows the order reference and correct options .

looking through 1500 lines of code yeah no thanks,
Right clicking the page did not work either.

Time to just hurry Up and wait :) Just anxious to see whether it will be a Fremont or Austin build

I don't have an SA. How do you get one? The sales clerk at my local Tesla location said that since I ordered online there wasn't anything he could do.

All I have is email correspondence with tom, dick & [email protected] who reply to my multiple queries with, "Your Tesla app is the source of truth for your delivery timing after placing your order. Delivery timing estimates are subject to change, and your Tesla app will always reflect the latest details and most accurate estimate. Vehicle availability timing varies based on many factors, including production, and logistics. Once your car is available, we will contact you to schedule a delivery appointment. Please await further updates."
You can respond to the text message which you received after placing our order. It has an area code like 510.

I really wish I had a SA. It seems like they do make things easier and have much more info available than those who ordered online.

And so the daily tease/torture continues...

OD: 1/14
OEDD: Jan 18-Jan 30.

And then...

Jan 21: EDD Jan 21-Jan 30
Jan 22: EDD Jan 22-Jan 31
Jan 23: EDD Jan 23-Feb 1
Jan 24: EDD Jan 24-Feb 2
Jan 25: EDD Jan 25-Feb 3
Jan 26: EDD Jan 26-Feb 4
Jan 27: EDD Jan 27- Feb 5
Jan 28: EDD Jan 28-Feb 6
Jan 29: EDD Jan 29-Feb 7
Jan 30: EDD Jan 30-Feb 8
Jan 31: EDD Jan 31-Feb 9
Feb 01: EDD Feb 01-Feb 10
Feb 02: EDD Feb 02-Feb 11
Feb 03: EDD Feb 03-Feb 12
Feb 04: EDD Feb 04-Feb 13
Feb 05: EDD Feb 05-Feb 14, (Today, still no vin)
Who did you piss off? lol

Newbie here.

MYLR/W/B/19”
OD: 1/14PM
original EDD: Jan to Mar
2nd EDD: Feb 2 - Mar 2
as of 2/3 : Feb 12 - Feb 26
VIN 2/5 @ 9pm, PA0518
EDD updated to 2/10-2/19

A little bummed its not Fremont / Matrix Headlights, oh well.
I would text the 510 number and ask for the build date. Yours seems a bit old compared to recent delivery. I picked up mine today PA0639 1/25 build date.

Reactions: NJ08809
MYLR - White/Black /19 inch /5 seats
OD: 01/21
EDD1: Don't remember
EDD2 on 01/24: 03/08 - 03/31
VIN: Not assigned yet

No change in EDD

Currently there MYLR Blue/White / 19 inches with 7 seats available at $61,990. For a minute got tempted to go for it :), but sticking to my order.

I really wish I had a SA. It seems like they do make things easier and have much more info available than those who ordered online.
Even with a sales associate who is responsible for your order, it's still an uphill battle to get any information from them. I've established a good relationship with mine, but the majority of others I've interacted with have been unhelpful and dismissive. I've definitely heard their canned "just text the number, the number will help you" line that so many of them robotically apply to every situation, some of them would tell you to just text the number if you walked in and told them the chargers in the parking lot were on fire.

Reactions: chiuenyi and sdq_11
Anyone got reasonable PPF quote in Bay Area?

And by reasonable, I mean under $1000 for partial front = front bumper, front side fender panels, partial hood, headlights + outside rear view mirrors

Even with a sales associate who is responsible for your order, it's still an uphill battle to get any information from them. I've established a good relationship with mine, but the majority of others I've interacted with have been unhelpful and dismissive. I've definitely heard their canned "just text the number, the number will help you" line that so many of them robotically apply to every situation, some of them would tell you to just text the number if you walked in and told them the chargers in the parking lot were on fire.
Same experience. Lack of information or lack of good attitude and their phony answers are making me nervous about my order. I am not sure what kind of support will be given after delivery.

I like the idea of no dealership with Tesla. But I miss it probably a bit now. Lol.

Reactions: chiuenyi
MYLR - White/Black /19 inch /5 seats
OD: 01/21
EDD1: Don't remember
EDD2 on 01/24: 03/08 - 03/31
VIN: Not assigned yet

No change in EDD

Currently there MYLR Blue/White / 19 inches with 7 seats available at $61,990. For a minute got tempted to go for it :), but sticking to my order.
Haha I was doing the exact same thing this evening and came to the same conclusion.