Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD 1/15/23
MYLR 5 WHT/Black / 19" Basic
MSRP - $ 52,990.00
EDD1 Jan-Mar
01/17 - Approved Tesla (Wells Fargo) loan (Interest 5.34%, Dwn Payment $38K, 36 Months term) and done registration process
01/21 - Rcvd Wall charger
01/24 - Installed Wall charger
EDD2 - Mar 05-Mar 31
EDD3 - Mar 19-Mar 31
EDD4 - Mar 26 - Apr 15
After many Texts no answer.
Again today they pushed the EDD to Apr 10 - May 15

Cancelling the order Today

Reason of Order : Gift to daughter
Reason of cancel: 100% They are Prioritizing Increased price orders and forcing us to cancel.
Finally $250 Gift to Elon.
Bye bye TESLA !! and no more...
Feeling Frustrated !!
uggh man.. this is really sad... 01/15 OD and such a push out? Did you happen to make any changes to your order during this time? I'm at the same location... just that it's not white and it's not the increased price either.

WTF? Stopping sales of Models 3, Y & X? No mention of sales stop yet. A lot of tangents.

Attachments

• 20230307_115856.jpg
    20230307_115856.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 115
I'm so Mad right now. I've ordered on 1/18 which is really not that late. They just push me to April 9- to May 14 today! I can't even speak to anyone to complain about this. 7500 just went down the drain. Tesla keep bragging how quick they are with production and they can't even fulfill orders from the first couple weeks.
Me too. I ordered on 1/27 and tesla pushed EDD from 3/26-3/31 to 4/18-5/23. This is completely not fair.

Demo Drive 2/22
Ordered 2/22 MYLR
Vin assign 2/28 (Austin)
Est del 3/9-3/18
Blue/Black
19 inch wheels

Delivery email today, of course days to schedule are next week, in Cleveland, when we’ll be out of town. Working with SA to reschedule later in the week.

Reactions: UwishUnew1
Are you sure it's that battery? I just did the same thing. Any other difference that you know of? I can't get an answer from tesla.
Yep, my VIN shows it is an Austin built MY and all the AWD's have 4680 batteries. They are the only version of the Y with the 4680 batteries. Only other differences is, slower 0-60 by .8 seconds and range is only 279 miles vs 330 on the LR.

OD 1/15/23
MYLR 5 WHT/Black / 19" Basic
MSRP - $ 52,990.00
EDD1 Jan-Mar
01/17 - Approved Tesla (Wells Fargo) loan (Interest 5.34%, Dwn Payment $38K, 36 Months term) and done registration process
01/21 - Rcvd Wall charger
01/24 - Installed Wall charger
EDD2 - Mar 05-Mar 31
EDD3 - Mar 19-Mar 31
EDD4 - Mar 26 - Apr 15
After many Texts no answer.
Again today they pushed the EDD to Apr 10 - May 15

Cancelling the order Today

Reason of Order : Gift to daughter
Reason of cancel: 100% They are Prioritizing Increased price orders and forcing us to cancel.
Finally $250 Gift to Elon.
Bye bye TESLA !! and no more...
Feeling Frustrated !!
sorry that it got pushed out, but don't take it as final. These EDDs keep bouncing back n forth as we have seen, and nothing is guaranteed until a VIN is assigned.

Are you sure it's that battery? I just did the same thing. Any other difference that you know of? I can't get an answer from tesla.
They are 4680 in the new structural battery pack so seats are bolted right to it. They are also using both front and rear castings unlike the LR/P that only use the rear? casting (I think it is rear but it is only one of the two).
Sandy Munro Live YT has a long series of a teardown videos of the 4680 MYAWD and shows off every little detail about it.

Reactions: 455dan and Tcorn
For what it’s worth my order moved up drastically today. Debunking everyone’s myth about prioritizing orders to maximize profit, local order delivery only, etc. You could keep your order and wait and see if your dates improve. I had almost no hope until this morning based solely on everyone’s speculation and rhetoric.

OD 1/26
EDD1 Feb-Mar
EDD2 Mar 14-31
EDD3 (2/14/23): April 10 - May 22
EDD4 (2/22/23): April 08 - May 13
EDD5 (3/7/23): March 15 - 31
Upstate New York
MYLR blue/black/19/tow.
People are now cancelling. Think about it.
I've said too much already.

WTF? Stopping sales of Models 3, Y & X? No mention of sales stop yet. A lot of tangents.
Fake.

There are tons of fake Tesla/Elon Musk channels and videos that are either Bitcoin scams or spreading false news. Beware of big/verified YouTube channels getting hacked and then having Tesla live streams on them while telling viewers to send Bitcoin to a specific wallet.

I was wondering if VINs are assigned sequentially. I was assigned a PA069xxx VIN on 03/02 and have seen a few PA07xxxx VINs assigned in Feb. Should I be worried that my car might have been a rejected car? Is there a possibility that PAxxxx VINs are assigned randomly?

MYLR White/White/19”
SoCal
OD 1/16
EDD originally Jan - March
EDD update 1/18: Feb 22 - Mar 29
EDD update 1/30: Feb 17 - Mar 17
EDD update 2/5: Mar 7 - Mar 31
EDD update 2/22: Mar 9 - Mar 31
EDD update 3/7: Apr 3 - May 8

:(
Wow it seems every day of OD pushes back EDD 2-4 weeks. I have same exact car and location as you but my OD was 1/14 and my EDD kept getting pushed back until I got the VIN finally on 3/4 and now EDD is 3/15-3/24. I think once they make a batch of white/white you will get it sooner. Maybe they want to underpromise and overdeliver LOL. Maybe also try changing to 20s if you’re up for that.

Reactions: maytaurustiger
I was wondering if VINs are assigned sequentially. I was assigned a PA069xxx VIN on 03/02 and have seen a few PA07xxxx VINs assigned in Feb. Should I be worried that my car might have been a rejected car? Is there a possibility that PAxxxx VINs are assigned randomly?
You can ask the 510 number that sent you the VIN information about the build date of your car. They are pretty good at responding back once your VIN is assigned

You can ask the 510 number that sent you the VIN information about the build date of your car. They are pretty good at responding back once your VIN is assigned
Is build date the day car info is entered in the system for production or when the car production is finished? I asked SA to check in their system and he told me car enters production early Feb and finished Mar 2, which is when I received the VIN.

From what I've gathered over the past year of reading delivery threads on TMC, the VIN sequences aren't perfectly in line. There are reasons where a car with a lower VIN is actually finished production after a car with a higher VIN. In general they do follow sequence but I think it has to do with batches and possibly delays in a batch that already have VIN assigned to the build.

A sales associate can look up the exact build date of the car for you. Even if it is an earlier build, it may just have been passed on for a number of reasons. Someone may have backed out for finances or changed their mind. I think only a small proportion are due to quality rejections. Also sometimes cars sit on the factory lots for some time before shipping to locations based on all sorts of logistics. So having a bit older VIN isn't necessarily a bad thing. But be diligent with your inspection if the SA confirms it is an earlier Feb build.

• Informative
Reactions: thetuk