Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is build date the day car info is entered in the system for production or when the car production is finished? I asked SA to check in their system and he told me car enters production early Feb and finished Mar 2, which is when I received the VIN.
Build date is the day it finishes. Why it took an entire month is a mystery but as I mentioned in my post just above there could have been some part delay for that build and they finished it later. The VIN is assigned to the vehicle from the very start as many parts are stamped with the VIN. But VIN isn't assigned to the customer till the car finishes production.

• Informative
Reactions: thetuk
Why would they do that? Has the IRS issued guidance yet? Until they do, no point in wasting $250. Also people are less likely cancelling than changing their orders - just saying.

The only reason a ton of folks would move away before the guidance is if they had an alternate lined up, bought the M3 which is readily available and qualifies for the incentive, or went out and bought a used Tesla since those have dropped in value a little over the last few months. I think there is a non zero chance that IRS rules in the coming week to two and that those changes take effective immediately. This may be pushing folks to an alternative faster than one would expect. I know it swayed me to get matched to a MYLR instead of the MYP (which I would have paid just $500 more for relative to my MYLR configuration cost) which had an EDD towards the end of the month. But even that may not be ahead of the eventual ruling and its effective date.

Reactions: starise and erktrek
I was wondering if VINs are assigned sequentially. I was assigned a PA069xxx VIN on 03/02 and have seen a few PA07xxxx VINs assigned in Feb. Should I be worried that my car might have been a rejected car? Is there a possibility that PAxxxx VINs are assigned randomly?
Don't worry about the serial number. Its very much possible someone could not take delivery because of finances or cancelled the order later on before taking delivery. Just look at the vehicle yourself and accept it if there are no majore issues. They can fix the minor issues later.

Reactions: FanboyNC and thetuk
@davemc @BobSNC @Amhappy same location guys.. any improvements to the EDD?
Congratulations FanboyNC! That’s really positive.

I just checked now and the movement is in the opposite direction now, from Apr17 to May22 it has moved further to April 27 to Jun 8.

Am now like “forget it, let it come when it comes!”

Last edited:
For what it’s worth my order moved up drastically today. Debunking everyone’s myth about prioritizing orders to maximize profit, local order delivery only, etc. You could keep your order and wait and see if your dates improve. I had almost no hope until this morning based solely on everyone’s speculation and rhetoric.

OD 1/26
EDD1 Feb-Mar
EDD2 Mar 14-31
EDD3 (2/14/23): April 10 - May 22
EDD4 (2/22/23): April 08 - May 13
EDD5 (3/7/23): March 15 - 31
Upstate New York
MYLR blue/black/19/tow.
Interesting; same car build out (I think) but I ordered mine earlier. I wonder what's different.

Reactions: erktrek
I'm so Mad right now. I've ordered on 1/18 which is really not that late. They just push me to April 9- to May 14 today! I can't even speak to anyone to complain about this. 7500 just went down the drain. Tesla keep bragging how quick they are with production and they can't even fulfill orders from the first couple weeks.
Surprised you had any earlier dates.