Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a blue/white on order with 2/5 - 3/5. I am tempted to do the change too. But I really like the blue. I’m torn lol.
Heh, I went back and forth a lot. I ended up seeing white and blue MYs while shopping today. The white looked spectacular; I really like the blue, but for some reason, it looks better to me in the shade or in lower lighting settings. In full sun, the color is just a few shades lighter from perfection for me. Plus saving $1K, it was an easy change for me!

Reactions: BitJam and KangThe
Heh, I went back and forth a lot. I ended up seeing white and blue MYs while shopping today. The white looked spectacular; I really like the blue, but for some reason, it looks better to me in the shade or in lower lighting settings. In full sun, the color is just a few shades lighter from perfection for me. Plus saving $1K, it was an easy change for me!
Lol I am in the same place. But I think I will stick with the blue. I feel like if I change now, watch it push me back even further.

But ya as long as you are happy. That’s all that matters. White does look amazing. That would have been my second option after Blue.

But white interior is a must for me. All of my past car interior have been black and I don’t want to skip on that.

Reactions: BitJam and PewPew
So far I have heard nothing but good things about the white interior, but apart from that, black isn’t an option for me because I hate, hate, hate that wood paneling. I feel like I am driving a log cabin or the outside of an old station wagon. I wish that was not the case because the black interior is cheaper and much quicker to deliver.

I was tempted by the Rav4 prime too, but I still can’t get close enough to one to test drive it, let alone find a dealer not crooked enough to charge $10-$15K in “market adjustment fees.” Plus for me the Tesla is safer, more spacious, and more fun all around - with pure EV lifestyle on top.
OMG, that is so funny, because i think the same thing with that wood trim.

Reactions: BitJam and PewPew
So far I have heard nothing but good things about the white interior, but apart from that, black isn’t an option for me because I hate, hate, hate that wood paneling. I feel like I am driving a log cabin or the outside of an old station wagon. I wish that was not the case because the black interior is cheaper and much quicker to deliver.

I was tempted by the Rav4 prime too, but I still can’t get close enough to one to test drive it, let alone find a dealer not crooked enough to charge $10-$15K in “market adjustment fees.” Plus for me the Tesla is safer, more spacious, and more fun all around - with pure EV lifestyle on top.

White looks better than black but requires a lot more care, so I took the black. Once you go black you never go back.

I ordered a Y Performance Black Interior, No FSD, on 1/13 and received an EDD of 1/16. I scheduled a delivery of 1/18 at the Scottsdale Raintree Service/Delivery center. The cars Fremont production date was 1/10.

Last edited:
Reactions: PewPew
I was at a service center today and the rep said they are overwhelmed with the orders..said he thinks anyone ordering now or next week may not make the 3/31 delivery..glad I jumped on it on the 13th.. let’s see, my EDD is Jan 20-Feb 3
I ordered mine today, MYLR White/Black 20" wheels. I hope delivery is before 3/31. I am anxious to get out of my Kia Niro EV (4 years with it) and into newer technology and a premium ride.

Does anyone know exactly when the $7,500 may expire? Is the new ruling supposed to come out on March 1st or March 31st? I have researched it a bit but it only says by March. No mention of a day or even “before march” or “by end of march” just “by march”

Reactions: hmmwv
d
Does anyone know exactly when the $7,500 may expire? Is the new ruling supposed to come out on March 1st or March 31st? I have researched it a bit but it only says by March. No mention of a day or even “before march” or “by end of march” just “by march”
I was trying to look this up yesterday and nothing was clear. But it read to me like March 1st, not end of March on most of the articles. But all were vague.
If it is Feb 28th cutoff then I think a lot will miss out if they haven't ordered already.

Reactions: KangThe
d

I was trying to look this up yesterday and nothing was clear. But it read to me like March 1st, not end of March on most of the articles. But all were vague.
If it is Feb 28th cutoff then I think a lot will miss out if they haven't ordered already.
the tax credit is good for 10 years, however there are requirements that vehicle be made in USA and battery be sourced comes from a set of countries. The US government will define and finalize battery sourced from requirements by March 31st. The thinking is that they will say since Tesla batteries are still sourced from China, the credit will be cut in half to $3750. There is also a possibility that they will delay more in coming up with those requirements and the full credit is extended.

Reactions: KangThe and PewPew
the tax credit is good for 10 years, however there are requirements that vehicle be made in USA and battery be sourced comes from a set of countries. The US government will define and finalize battery sourced from requirements by March 31st. The thinking is that they will say since Tesla batteries are still sourced from China, the credit will be cut in half to $3750. There is also a possibility that they will delay more in coming up with those requirements and the full credit is extended.
That’s what i am thinking too. It’s the IRS. They are always delayed. Plus March is mid tax season. I doubt they will come up with the ruling by then. But idk.

Ok, so I spent some time looking for the details and this is the source all articles are referring too. The US Department of the Treasury said “Treasury will issue a notice of proposed rulemaking (NPRM) in March with proposed guidance on the critical minerals and battery components requirements. By statute, the critical mineral and battery component requirements take effect only after Treasury issues that proposed rule.”

So the Dept of the Treasury will issue a notice in March. They didn’t give a date of when it will happen in March as of yet. The notice will include details of guidance on which battery components qualify giving the full $7,500 credit. And once that notice is issued the updated rule will take over. Until then all purchases of qualifying teslas will be $7,500 tax credit.

Source of the quote https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/jy1173

• Informative
Reactions: BitJam
OD: 1/13
EDD: 1/15-1/22
VIN assessignment: 1/13
First Delivery Date: 1/15 (today at 11:45a); Rejected because the MYLR was in terrible shape in exterior.

They said they'd cancel out the VIN for me and issue a new one 'before the end of the quarter'

I just got another VIN assignment for the same VIN 30 mins after leaving Tesla Delivery Center.
I'm so pissed, I'm just gonna let it sit for 3-5 days.

• Informative
Reactions: PewPew and acpd