Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, so I spent some time looking for the details and this is the source all articles are referring too. The US Department of the Treasury said “Treasury will issue a notice of proposed rulemaking (NPRM) in March with proposed guidance on the critical minerals and battery components requirements. By statute, the critical mineral and battery component requirements take effect only after Treasury issues that proposed rule.”

So the Dept of the Treasury will issue a notice in March. They didn’t give a date of when it will happen in March as of yet. The notice will include details of guidance on which battery components qualify giving the full $7,500 credit. And once that notice is issued the updated rule will take over. Until then all purchases of qualifying teslas will be $7,500 tax credit.

Source of the quote https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/jy1173

Kinda confusingly worded. A NPRM is a notice issued to solicit public comments and such which is then followed by the actual rule. Unclear here whether they're saying the requirements take effect upon issuance of the NPRM or of the actual rule. I would think the latter but who knows.

I also see lots of long range model y’s in the inventory with 55,590 or 56,990. If Tesla is smart, they should discount these to get under the 55k msrp and either charge the remaining as “service fee” or processing fees. Not sure if VIN says the MSRP as built in the database and that’s how IRS verifies?

Ya, just remove the wheel option then when you come pick it up, free showroom upgrade, :) or just decrease the upgrade to 1000$ instead of 2000$.

I see a bunch of available now cars that would be under 55k without the wheel upgrade.

So far I have heard nothing but good things about the white interior, but apart from that, black isn’t an option for me because I hate, hate, hate that wood paneling. I feel like I am driving a log cabin or the outside of an old station wagon. I wish that was not the case because the black interior is cheaper and much quicker to deliver.

I was tempted by the Rav4 prime too, but I still can’t get close enough to one to test drive it, let alone find a dealer not crooked enough to charge $10-$15K in “market adjustment fees.” Plus for me the Tesla is safer, more spacious, and more fun all around - with pure EV lifestyle on top.
I’ll trade my white interior paneling for the wood IN A HEARTBEAT!

Reactions: evannole and PewPew
Just put my order OFF hold after being ON hold since December. Interesting to see when our EDD will be in a few days. No updates since this AM when we clicked “Resume Order”.

After the price cut and tax credit stuff got updated it just felt like the right time.

Sticking with our original order - White/White/19/no other options.
How did u put yours on hold? What reason did u gave them?

How did u put yours on hold? What reason did u gave them?
Put the order on hold in December because my original EDD was Feb and we were looking to purchase a house. They said no problem and put it on hold for original EDD of Feb 2023. Since the price cuts we are able to financially pull it off now (which also worked out with recent price cuts) so win/win.

Reactions: acpd and PewPew
Looking to place an Order
2023 White/Black Long Range, Gemini or Induction.

Any suggestions/advice? I'm stuck.
I personally stuck with the Gemini, due to the price and the ability to keep the potential range of the MYLR; paying $2,000 for less range did not make sense to me. Also, I have read about various problems with the inductions, to include them being easier to scratch due to the wheels sticking out farther than the tire itself, and being limited on tire options when it is time to buy new ones due to the size of the wheel.

I plan on buying some blacked out wheel covers that have the range benefits of the Gemini but the look of the inductions.

Put the order on hold in December because my original EDD was Feb and we were looking to purchase a house. They said no problem and put it on hold for original EDD of Feb 2023. Since the price cuts we are able to financially pull it off now (which also worked out with recent price cuts) so win/win.
Glad you are able to resume your order! I would imagine yours should come pretty quick since your original order predates all of ours.

Reactions: acpd
Glad you are able to resume your order! I would imagine yours should come pretty quick since your original order predates all of ours.
Fingers crossed. We ordered in April of last year, but the White/White took forever. I’m hoping for a week or two but w/ no car sales on Sunday & MLK day it’s gonna be a few days before our SA gets back to us…

Reactions: PewPew
I personally stuck with the Gemini, due to the price and the ability to keep the potential range of the MYLR; paying $2,000 for less range did not make sense to me. Also, I have read about various problems with the inductions, to include them being easier to scratch due to the wheels sticking out farther than the tire itself, and being limited on tire options when it is time to buy new ones due to the size of the wheel.

I plan on buying some blacked out wheel covers that have the range benefits of the Gemini but the look of the inductions.
hmmmm just read this now, am i able to call in and change to regular geminis?

You can sometimes change your order when you have the 3-month window. You can just text back and someone will answer you, but Monday is a holiday. IDK if tesla is closed or not. I tried to call in, after an hour on hold, i received a message response via text faster than they were picking up on Saturday.

You are actually able to change it from the website. Once you log into your account. Click “Manage” under your car reservation. It will show your car. In the top, it says “your name’s Tesla” and on the right hand side it says “Your Car” with a drop down arrow. Click that. And scroll down and you will see this:

Need to make changes? Edit Design
Please note that changes to your order could impact delivery timing, insurance and price.

And you can just click “Edit Design”

It takes you back to the configuration page where you can change color, interior and rim. I did it the day I ordered. Changed the color from white to blue and it updated right away.

Model Y Long Range
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
20’’ Induction Wheels
All Black Premium Interior
Seven Seat Interior

OD: 1/13 0735 EDT
VIN: TBD

The estimated delivery window at order was FEB-APR23. However on 1/14 it narrowed to February 23 - March 30. Based on timelines from other members I am assuming that my 7 seat interior has pushed the estimated delivery date to the right.

Reactions: WyoDude and PewPew
I also see lots of long range model y’s in the inventory with 55,590 or 56,990. If Tesla is smart, they should discount these to get under the 55k msrp and either charge the remaining as “service fee” or processing fees. Not sure if VIN says the MSRP as built in the database and that’s how IRS verifies?

They should make all colors free.
That would resolve a lot of that.