Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR White/Black/19"/Tow hitch
OD: 1/14
OEDD: Jan 18-Jan 30
EDD: Jan 22-Jan 31
San Francisco Bay area

My EDD is slipping a day at a time since Jan 18. And as of today, the outside date has slipped. Anyone experiencing the same? Can anything be read into this?
Same thing happened to me last week. But I got a VIN when the out date went up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw a wave of WA folks post updates with VINs, for folks who haven’t gotten one don’t worry I haven’t yet either

OD 1/13
Blue/black/19 LR
EDD 1/24-2/7

I think I’ll probably get assigned a VIN tmr or the day after based off the 54 pages I’ve read here lmao
I am also in Seattle and have identical OD, blue/black/19 LR and EDD is also 1/24-2/7.

Here is hoping we get some kind of update soon.

There are people who buy these cars without home charging all the time, but unless you have easy access to home or work charging, you have to be doing this for some reason other than convenience. I think these are the best commuter cars in the world, but only if you can easily charge where your car will naturally spend a large portion of its time parked. Thats either at home (preferably) or at work.

Its my opinion that no one should buy any full BEV (this one or any other) if they dont expect to be charging primarily at one of those two places. You already have cold feet, based on a couple posts, so you should really consider canceling this order and going with some sort of hybrid or something.

Thats not a "your not worthy" or anything, far from it. I just dont think every product is right for every person, and feel pretty strongly that planning on supercharging being the primary form of charging is a recipe for frustration. You are going to charge the car probably twice as often as what you have in your head right now, for instance.

(yes I know this is OT, sorry about that).
Tesla is quick at shipping the wall chargers.
I received it about an hour ago.
Seems like they’re pretty backed up on mobile connector, so that may be delayed

One alternative would be charging at it)35 EV chargers — the car comes with an adapter that you can use, so u can do that until your mobile connector gets shipped
Can't speak to mobile connectors but ordered the wall connector After the MYLR on 1/18 and it was delivered today.

Ordered MYLR (white, no extra options)

OD: 1/13
VIN assigned: 1/13
Scheduled for pickup: 1/18

Picked it up on 1/18. I ordered the wall charger and mobile connector as well. I received my wall charger a few days ago. I actually ended up connecting the mobile connector. It hadn't shipped and when I went to pickup my Model Y (Kansas City) I mentioned it and they said "Yeah Tesla's weird with shipping those. We actually have it in stock here so if you want to cancel your order then you can just buy it here". So I picked up my car and bought the mobile connector at the service center while I was there.

Tesla is quick at shipping the wall chargers.
I received it about an hour ago.

Can't speak to mobile connectors but ordered the wall connector After the MYLR on 1/18 and it was delivered today.

I wasnt talking at all about not having charging on a temporary basis, or lead time on wall chargers. I was talking about someone who lives where there is no ability to install home charging, and they also will not be charging at work.

Did you get the wall connector yet? If so, how much was it and who did you use?
Yes, I was lucky and got the wall connector before they raised the price. I also got the mobile connector kit, but ordered it after the car deposit, already got that too.

I tried the first Electrician they recommended on the Tesla Site, Custom Electrical Seattle: Electricians in Seattle | Custom Electrical Services, after getting a few quotes.

I called and she sent me an email with their usual pricing for the Tesla Wall Charger: Pricing starts at about $895 + $250 permitting fees and depends on these factors. I sent in some pics and she sent me an updated estimate within the hour. It probably wasn't the cheapest, but they came out the next day and had it installed with no issues. They had to move some of my breakers around and put in a few extra breakers to combine some of my low amp ones. Overall a good experience. It was around $1200, and they had me fill out the no sales tax exemption form that Washington State allows.

Reactions: Walch1102