Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does Tesla actually pick up the phone? Been on hold for 2 hours.
When I began to seriously consider buying my first EV, I called Tesla on Monday, January 16th. A human answered after being on hold about 15 minutes. After our conversation, I received a couple of follow-up text messages and emails from the person I talked to. I'm pretty sure Tesla simply doesn't have the staff required to support what is likely tens of thousands of extra orders that have flooded in over the last ten days in what would normally be considered a timely fashion.

I received a text yesterday from Tesla thanking me for taking a test drive and to place an order through their website when I was ready. I replied back letting the person know I placed an order on 1/14 for MY MS/Black/19”. (My EDD shows 1/29-2/12, but I was hoping to get more specific info since I am communicating with a live person.). The person responded they saw my order number and that it is too early to know speculating that it would be early March for delivery date.

That was deflating news. No need to engage further with the Tesla person. Hopefully, he guessed incorrectly.

Including cables and accessories that most people do not use is a waste of money and is bad for the environment. Consumers have some responsibility for figuring out what they need. I concur with your annoyance, but it is misplaced.
I really don't think its misplaced at all, I'm not saying they should be including the charger with every car. What I am saying is they should be ensuring they have enough inventory of chargers for people who did the homework, figured out the needed a charger, and placed an order for it with their vehicle order.

I really don't think its misplaced at all, I'm not saying they should be including the charger with every car. What I am saying is they should be ensuring they have enough inventory of chargers for people who did the homework, figured out the needed a charger, and placed an order for it with their vehicle order.

Agree.

Not everyone is going to buy a wall charger or mobile charger from Tesla. Most New Jersey buyers are buying Level 2 chargers from Charge Pointe or Juice Box due to incentives from the State & Utility companies. For example, My electrical company is giving me up to $1500 back in Bill Credits for Install and Permits and the state is giving me back $250 for the charger.

if you get a chance, can you check with your SA to get info about cameras, batteries config(4680 vs 2170), and headlights? I have seen a youtube short saying texas built are having different batteries.
Only the MY AWD out of Texas has the different 4680 battery. If you find one of those in inventory then you can buy it. If you get a MYLR from Texas it has 2170. So far no one has received matrix headlights out of Texas (that could change at some point). No one has received the new camera housing on a MY. A few TMC members said they had but no one was able to post a photo verifying...the few that did post a photo ended up having the old housing. Only M3 had the new housing (concentric rings, concave vs convex housing). Even with the new housing comparisons between old and new on M3 show no difference in the resolution or feed from the cameras.

The last place to get good information would be a YT shorts....well maybe TikTok or IG would be worse :rolleyes:
TMC and Reddit are the most accurate.
That YT short probably is referencing the MYAWD version or if it is an older video is confused as there was lots of confusion last year when everyone thought Austin was going to make 4680 MYLRs but never did.

Apologies as this might have been answered... not sure what part of KY you're in. I'm in NKY and have had good interactions with the Cincinnati SC. They have one in Louisville it seems -
Tesla Service Center
11701 Gateworth Way, Louisville, KY
I live about 20 minutes from that Louisville service center and it must be a secret because it doesn't even appear on the Tesla web site or app. I am wondering if my car will be delivered there?

Only the MY AWD out of Texas has the different 4680 battery. If you find one of those in inventory then you can buy it. If you get a MYLR from Texas it has 2170. So far no one has received matrix headlights out of Texas (that could change at some point). No one has received the new camera housing on a MY. A few TMC members said they had but no one was able to post a photo verifying...the few that did post a photo ended up having the old housing. Only M3 had the new housing (concentric rings, concave vs convex housing). Even with the new housing comparisons between old and new on M3 show no difference in the resolution or feed from the cameras.

The last place to get good information would be a YT shorts....well maybe TikTok or IG would be worse :rolleyes:
TMC and Reddit are the most accurate.
That YT short probably is referencing the MYAWD version or if it is an older video is confused as there was lots of confusion last year when everyone thought Austin was going to make 4680 MYLRs but never did.
Hope that changes as i'm pretty sure my Y LR will be coming from Texas.

thanks for the info.