Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are we supposed to receive EDD updates via emails or texts? I observed EDD changed to 2/26-3/31 in the app but did not receive any notification. While that’s not a big problem, I am trying to understand how to delay the delivery by a month or so without loosing order fee. Are there any options? This is mainly because my current car lease ends in early June and the dealer is not willing to take the car earlier w/out penalty. Appreciate any inputs. Thanks!
If you change the something in the car order for example the color it will delay delivery and you can change it back later
Also with a lease I'd really suggest you check how much carmax (and other companies) would be willing to pay, I sold them a lease this year and they paid 5.5k over what my buyout price was

Reactions: hp1234 and fredzos
If you change the something in the car order for example the color it will delay delivery and you can change it back later
Also with a lease I'd really suggest you check how much carmax (and other companies) would be willing to pay, I sold them a lease this year and they paid 5.5k over what my buyout price was
Interesting. Thank you for the suggestions, I will explore these options.

Model 3 RWD White Black Interior Aero
OD: 1/15
OEDD: Jan-Feb
EDD2 (Updated Jan 18): Jan 29 - Feb 26
EDD3 (UpdatedJan 26): Feb 8 - Feb 15
No VIN
Update:
EDD3 (Updated Jan 26): Feb 8 - Feb 15
Source Code VIN (Found Jan 26)
No Account VIN Yet

Very Exciting

Update:
EDD3 (Updated Jan 26): Feb 8 - Feb 15
Source Code VIN (Found Jan 26)
No Account VIN Yet

Very Exciting
Check if an MVPA document showed up on your account. That happened for me before even finding the VIN in source code. But I also received an email for final payment which triggered me to look for a VIN and could only find it in the new MVPA document.

Reactions: WyoDude
I'm seeing this at the moment. The the 'null' change to a readable VIN?

"showDetailsInSelfInsuranceForm":true,"vin":null
Just as arbitrage000 said "VIN" may not work. I did 5YJ and found it for my Model 3. Depends on the model you got I believe.
Search the source code (CTRL+U in Chrome) in your manage my order account page on tesla.com for "7SAY". "VIN" may not work.

Reactions: YW555
The Model Y I ordered on Jan 22 just arrived. It looks a bit diff than I remember. Roof needs some tint work. Interior space looks cramped. Can't connect with my Tesla App. Free rim upgrades though. Gonna give this one to one of my sons.

PXL_20230126_211433221.jpg

Still waiting on my MYLR ordered on Jan 13th. Bored, sorry. Pls don't ban me lol.