Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good to hear. Because I've tried to add my bank info for ACH, tesla doesn't accept my bank. seems like I will have to do wire transfer during pickup
If you call your SA, they can take ACH over the phone from your bank. They use Plaid to link accounts for payment through the app, and not all banks are accepted through Plaid. Just give them your routing and account number over the phone and they will be able to process an ACH for you. Saves you time and money from doing a wire.

Reactions: wdy6688
I don't have a current order, but just dropped by to say hi. We have both a model 3 and a model y. I drove myself crazy worried about the delivery and checklists and such before delivery. Both deliveries were great. It can get scary reading a few bad delivery stories, but most are great. Keep the faith and good luck everyone. Taking delivery is so exciting. The cars are amazing.
Thanks! Makes me sleep better now..still wake up and it’s still not the day to pickup!

Reactions: geekfam
the app's next step says "pay remaining balance now to avoid delays in delivery". I'm wondering if the delivery appointment can only be scheduled after they receive the payment.

Negative! I was able to schedule delivery and still have to make a payment! I am selling my car to Caravana but can’t sell until I know Tesla is good to go..so I may just bring in cashiers check! SA said bring certified check or do ach prior. Can also do ACH but usually a big amount of 58k not sure if banks have a wait time for verification

Reactions: PewPew and wdy6688
Super Liner Mats, are those the ones Tesla sell on their website? I've heard that aftermarket ones were better but I like how deep black the ones on Tesla's Shop page appear. Also, how long did it take to receive your wall charger? I'm about to order mine this weekend
I bought the mats on Amazon here...Super Liner Mats for Model Y. There's an instant $20 coupon.
The mats fit great. Only the passenger side is slightly warped from the shipping. It should be more form fitting by tomorrow. Otherwise, I'll lay it out in the sun for a few hours.

I ordered the chargers on Monday.

OD: 1/13
EDD: 1/15 - 1/22
VIN assessignment: 1/13

That seems almost too soon. I am not even ready. Others are getting same?
Same happened here. Asked to hold as I am not ready. Got a message that this is the FINAL HOLD. What???

3BDCDE75-CD64-4BCC-B8A5-E92A7F252DE1.jpeg

My pickup date is on 2/1 but my bank is Ally and it takes 7-10 days to get a Cashier's Check from them. Have anyone tried paying with Plaid on the day of the delivery with Ally?

Also the Pay button on Make Your Final Payment page is greyed out right now. It's it because I have a trade-in that is currently being processed?

Reactions: Abraham
This info is just a guess! But it looks like most of the individuals who had a EDD of 1/26 to 1/29 got their VIN sometime today or yesterday.

So I am assuming anyone who has a EDD of 2/3 to 2/5 should get their VIN by next Friday. Maybe....
My delivery is 2/6 and I’ve had a vin since i think monday.
Rejected: 1/20 (bad clearcoat as mentioned here a week ago) Austin Build
New Vin: 1/23
New DD: 2/6 Fremont Build
MSM, 19” LR Y, black interior.

Were you able to pay with a check after you inspected the vehicle? If so, how? I had to pay via an ACH transfer before delivery date.

It would have been nice to have the option to not pre-pay for an unseen vehicle.
My EDD was originally set to be delivered at home. I informed the SA that I would pay with a cashier's check. SA insisted to see front and back images of the check by 5pm the day before delivery. I am not sending pictures of my bank account to a '510' area code which I have never met the other person on the other end. The SA said I could pick up the vehicle at the Tesla dealer, and no advanced image was needed. That worked for me. So, this morning I was the first person walking into the store to pick up a vehicle. It was great. I saw my MYLR nicely washed. The fabulous Mrs. HarryChimp and inspected the exterior which looked sexy good. I asked the SA to unlock the vehicle so that I could check out the interior. She said I would need to hand over the check before the vehicle could be unlocked. I was going to insist on having the MYLR unlocked for me to see the inside, but I could see enough through the windows for the vehicle to pass the eye test. Besides, the Fabulous Mrs. HarryChimp said on the car ride not to be an 'a-hole' dangling the check like a bone in front of a hungry dog. In her mind, if I did not trust Tesla, then why did I go through the effort to buy a vehicle from them.

Anyway, so far...so good. I have noticed the doors need some push/force to securely close. I don't see this as an issue. The doors on my wife's 2015 Pathfinder close with little force, which I was expecting with the MYLR. This vehicle was built in Austin, and I though I read the doors made at the Gig are firmer.

My EDD was originally set to be delivered at home. I informed the SA that I would pay with a cashier's check. SA insisted to see front and back images of the check by 5pm the day before delivery. I am not sending pictures of my bank account to a '510' area code which I have never met the other person on the other end. The SA said I could pick up the vehicle at the Tesla dealer, and no advanced image was needed. That worked for me. So, this morning I was the first person walking into the store to pick up a vehicle. It was great. I saw my MYLR nicely washed. The fabulous Mrs. HarryChimp and inspected the exterior which looked sexy good. I asked the SA to unlock the vehicle so that I could check out the interior. She said I would need to hand over the check before the vehicle could be unlocked. I was going to insist on having the MYLR unlocked for me to see the inside, but I could see enough through the windows for the vehicle to pass the eye test. Besides, the Fabulous Mrs. HarryChimp said on the car ride not to be an 'a-hole' dangling the check like a bone in front of a hungry dog. In her mind, if I did not trust Tesla, then why did I go through the effort to buy a vehicle from them.

Anyway, so far...so good. I have noticed the doors need some push/force to securely close. I don't see this as an issue. The doors on my wife's 2015 Pathfinder close with little force, which I was expecting with the MYLR. This vehicle was built in Austin, and I though I read the doors made at the Gig are firmer.
That is an interesting thought. But, are they not doing the same to you to get your money? To me, this is not a transaction based on trust. You dont know who made your car, and they dont know you. So, if you wont let us inspect it and keep the car locked up, please fill us in on what kind of inspection you carried out, and,if you need to, run through this nice checklist I hve right here for me. Thanks. here is 60 THOUSAND dollars

Reactions: PewPew and msinfo
That is an interesting thought. But, are they not doing the same to you to get your money? To me, this is not a transaction based on trust. You dont know who made your car, and they dont know you. So, if you wont let us inspect it and keep the car locked up, please fill us in on what kind of inspection you carried out, and,if you need to, run through this nice checklist I hve right here for me. Thanks. here is 60 THOUSAND dollars
Exactly. In Devon PA they always let me go through the entire vehicle before expecting payment. They always say, “take your time, pay when ready”.

4th Update (but not really a true update)

Black/Black MYLR w/ 19"
EDD: 1/15-1/22
VIN assignment: 1/13
First Delivery Date: 1/15; Rejected because the MYLR was in terrible shape in exterior, had obviously been rejected by multiple people, had scratches, scrapes all over, Austin Build, PA044xxx VIN.
VIN: Cancelled 1/15 (Rejected delivery in person).
VIN: Same VIN reissued 1/15 and gave me 48 hrs to schedule delivery. Did not reschedule delivery for same PA044xxx VIN obviously.
EDD: 1/17-1/24 as of 6pm 1/17, awaiting (hopefully) new VIN.
EDD: 1/28-2/11 as of Wednesday 1/18 4PM, awaiting hopefully new VIN.
VIN: Assigned, New VIN, PF660xxx, Fremont VIN (Assigned 1/22)
EDD: 2/4-2/11 (Updated 1/22)
TXT: Texted SA 1/27 to ask where my car is and they said it's still in transit from Fremont.

Heh, my delivery tag (“Congratulations xxx!”) was not even on the vehicle. I had to find it by the VIN in the parking lot and look it over myself. An SA approached me after about 35 min of me looking the vehicle over. It was just sad all around.

This was my exact same treatment for the car I rejected.
It's almost as they know you're going to reject it. LOL.

MYLR/White/Black Seats/19" Wheels
OD: 1/14 (2:30am PST)
EDD: 1/27 - 2/24
VIN: Not Yet Assigned
My Model 3 lease ends on 2/19... I'm hoping I can get my Model Y before I have to give the 3 back :(
Wooo hoooo!!!! I just got my VIN in the last few hours!

MYLR/White/Black Seats/19" Wheels
OD: 1/14 (2:30am PST)
EDD: 1/27 - 2/24
New EDD: 2/12 - 2/21
VIN: 1/27/23 (after 9pm PST)