Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Howdy folks

Has anyone have any luck negotiating their trade offer? I'm $800 short of a payoff and it irks me. Initial estimate was $3k higher. Also, would not accepting/declining trade offer delay edd/vin assignment?

Thanks
I tried webuyanycar.com, the toyota dealer (trade in was a Prius Prime) Vroom, carvana, and KBB.com, in addition to Tesla. The toyota dealer beat the others who all seemed to use the KBB.com price by almost 2k. I would think the brand dealer of whatever you're trading in would have the most vested interest in reselling it all other things being equal, good shape, decent mileage, etc., etc...
Howdy folks

Has anyone have any luck negotiating their trade offer? I'm $800 short of a payoff and it irks me. Initial estimate was $3k higher. Also, would not accepting/declining trade offer delay edd/vin assignment?

Thanks

Anyone got approval from USSFCU for a loan? Curious to see what rates you were given.

We just got an approval for 3.49% not the < 3% I was hoping, but still better than the 5.34% from Tesla.

(Also, everyone else - feel free to share your loan % and name of loan vendor for any service).
Sounds like a good rate to me, I got 4.29% for 36 months, but for me this is only a short term bridge loan until a CD matures in a few months.
Apple Federal Credit Union in Fairfax, VA.

Reactions: KangThe
Anyone in WI planning on PPF for their Model Y? Full body or just the front (and why)? Trying to justify the cost for myself, besides already knowing the paint quality of Teslas.
I’m in NY and I did the front bumper and the lower parts of the doors.
I did the front bumper because of others cars/trucks kicking up rocks and chipping the paint. I did the lower parts of the door because the MY tires stick out further than the wheel wells and well that kicks up debris. I did install mud flaps but they really don’t help that much.

I did the front bumper on my M3 as well but I was like 4 road-trips in and I had lots of chips in the bumper.

The new MY will go in for full bumper and lower doors as soon as the snow stops flying.

Reactions: nerdybirdy12
I’m in NY and I did the front bumper and the lower parts of the doors.
I did the front bumper because of others cars/trucks kicking up rocks and chipping the paint. I did the lower parts of the door because the MY tires stick out further than the wheel wells and well that kicks up debris. I did install mud flaps but they really don’t help that much.

I did the front bumper on my M3 as well but I was like 4 road-trips in and I had lots of chips in the bumper.

The new MY will go in for full bumper and lower doors as soon as the snow stops flying.
Did you install the PPFs yourself or got them installed? And how much did it cost you? I am getting the exact same PPF config.

Reactions: 3YMimi73
I tried webuyanycar.com, the toyota dealer (trade in was a Prius Prime) Vroom, carvana, and KBB.com, in addition to Tesla. The toyota dealer beat the others who all seemed to use the KBB.com price by almost 2k. I would think the brand dealer of whatever you're trading in would have the most vested interest in reselling it all other things being equal, good shape, decent mileage, etc., etc...

Sounds like a good rate to me, I got 4.29% for 36 months, but for me this is only a short term bridge loan until a CD matures in a few months.
Apple Federal Credit Union in Fairfax, VA.
Thanks. Carvana and vroom actually were lower still. Might try carmax, who knows, I guess.... maybe I'll ping 510 text and ask for more but read somewhere that it's pointless

The VIN I received for pickup next Monday is F62 w/a build date of 12/13. Could be a reject/cancelled order or could also be that back stock from Fremont just arrived in Denver. Will find out soon enough.
Picked up this A.M. Almost flawless car - tight & even panels, everything worked, great paint, matrix headlights etc. The suspension is fantastic coming from an RX350 daily driver. Comfortable interior, insane acceleration, etc etc. Was 5F when I picked it up and when I wasn't speeding it didn't do too bad on range usage. The SA that worked with us was extremely helpful; he let us into the car before payment, was very personable, and took his time showing us features and answering questions. Overall: extremely pleased with the purchase experience and look forward to adding many, many miles to it. Cheers, and good luck to everyone in queue - for me it was worth the wait!

Living in Fort Worth, TX
OD: 1/25
Build: White/White/19/5 No Tow
EDD: January - March
Still no VIN, compared to seeing others further away from plants getting it in a couple of days. Not sure why it would take this long when I would assume it's coming from Austin and I am only a few hours away.
You ordered five days ago and expect a VIN already? Many who ordered 1/13 or 1/14 don’t have a VIN yet. I’ll be surprised if you get a VIN before the end of March. Where you live in relation to a factory doesn’t matter.

Living in Fort Worth, TX
OD: 1/25
Build: White/White/19/5 No Tow
EDD: January - March
Still no VIN, compared to seeing others further away from plants getting it in a couple of days. Not sure why it would take this long when I would assume it's coming from Austin and I am only a few hours away.
They are just giving out VINs to 1/13, 1/14, 1/15 orders. Yours is a long way to go as they were swamped with orders 2x over production starting on 1/13. If you get it by end of March I'll be impressed. White seats are delaying orders also.

Proximity to Austin doesn't mean an Austin car. In fact, until last week Austin had never produced cars with white seats. There are some now so you may get an Austin car.

Rockville, MD
OD: 1/14 - 11:00am EST
White/Black/19/Tow
EDD1 1/18: 2/8 - 3/15
EDD2 1/20: 2/10 - 3/10
EDD3 1/29: 2/5 - 2/20
VIN 1/30: PF6658xx
EDD4 1/30: 2/13 - 2/20
510 text response told me my car finished being built at 1:12 PM EST today, which was probably the exact time I my VIN and MVPA generated in app. So the rest of the time is train and truck to MD from Fremont.

Did you install the PPFs yourself or got them installed? And how much did it cost you? I am getting the exact same PPF config.
No I had a local shop do it. I want to say it was $500 or $550 for the MY. And it has a lifetime warranty which is great.
As much as I would have loved to do it myself because I enjoy doing that type of thing, I rather just pay a professional to do it.