Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
since getting the VIN, tesla app asks to complete the next step: proof of insurance and make payment. I read that payment can wait until the delivery day, but if insurance proof not uploaded, will it delay delivery? Idk what date to put for insurance to start.
Did you get a delivery window?
Mine was 2/5-2/12, so I just started the insurance on 2/5 and I’m picking up the car on 2/7. You can always call and change the dates if it’s way off.

Thanks. Carvana and vroom actually were lower still. Might try carmax, who knows, I guess.... maybe I'll ping 510 text and ask for more but read somewhere that it's pointless
Yeah, to my knowledge and experience Tesla does not change their offer once it is finalized. If you reject the offer then try again later (or if your previous one expires), it may go up or down depending on their “market values” at the time…but it is still traditionally very low compared to other buyers.

On the plus side, once you accept the Tesla offer and move forward, as long as your delivery date does not conflict with your trade offer expiration date, the amount will not suddenly change on delivery day. There is no “hands on” inspection of your trade to ensure it conforms with the condition you listed it as.

OD: 1/14 1300pst
MYLR dark grey exterior all else standard.
EDD is Jan-March 2023 (just checked before I posted)
EDD moved to 1/30 to 2/4 ( a week later)
Just scheduled delivery for 2/4.
I'm in Los Angeles

My SA was pretty helpful in changing it from pick up to delivery but a friend was not given the option for pick up.

Reactions: DKS37
EDD still showing Jan-March 2023 Window. Any idea if this will get updated or loose hope of seeing delivery by March
Take a snapshot of the EDD with the order number in the app. You should get the car in March but if you don't, you can use the snapshot to claim a refund of the $250 or push them to deliver in March because that is why you purchases it in the first place.

Reactions: WyoDude
Living in Fort Worth, TX
OD: 1/25
Build: White/White/19/5 No Tow
EDD: January - March
Still no VIN, compared to seeing others further away from plants getting it in a couple of days. Not sure why it would take this long when I would assume it's coming from Austin and I am only a few hours away.

Since you ordered White with White Interior it most likely will be coming from Fremont as Austin doesn't do white interiors (or hasn't done many - I've only heard 1 being done). Also, because your order date is 1/25 you will most likely be looking at Mid March Delivery. I'm in the same boat as you but I ordered before your OD.

Yeah, to my knowledge and experience Tesla does not change their offer once it is finalized. If you reject the offer then try again later (or if your previous one expires), it may go up or down depending on their “market values” at the time…but it is still traditionally very low compared to other buyers.

On the plus side, once you accept the Tesla offer and move forward, as long as your delivery date does not conflict with your trade offer expiration date, the amount will not suddenly change on delivery day. There is no “hands on” inspection of your trade to ensure it conforms with the condition you listed it as.
Appreciate the insight

Hmm seems like most people getting Fremont Vin's and I get Austin lol just my luck.

Do you guys know if Tesla will take my Schools First Credit Unions Auto Connivence Check for $60,000 and I can pay the remaining balance of $1500 in Cash?
I paid with one of those checks from SchoolsFirst as well for my 3, they took it no problem, they'll take the rest via Bank Transfer beforehand if I remember correctly. It should show the balance due in your app once you fill out your finance info.

OD: 1/14 1300pst
MYLR dark grey exterior all else standard.
EDD is Jan-March 2023 (just checked before I posted)
EDD moved to 1/30 to 2/4 ( a week later)
Just scheduled delivery for 2/4.
I'm in Los Angeles

My SA was pretty helpful in changing it from pick up to delivery but a friend was not given the option for pick up.
Aside from the convenience of having it delivered, is there any disadvantages of not picking up from the Service Center or it doesn't really make any differences?

"Around the corner" is exactly what I am hoping for...

Adaptive headlights that turn the light beam with steering input are great on narrow curvy mountain roads in night.

Most mid range cars have them, but Tesla somehow doesn't
They have a hot/cold relationship with that. My 2013 Model S has cornering lights. They are really handy!

Reactions: WyoDude
MYLR (MSilver, Black Int, 19inch wheels, TowHitch, 5 Seater, Basic Auto)
OD: Jan 23
EDD: Jan - Mach
EDD: March 18-March 31st

Does anyone know you can update your financing when you get closer to delivery? Example I have the Wells Fargo 5.34% terms from Tesla finance right now but my car wont be delivered until late March. Is it possible to update my terms in say late Feb, early March, if I see rates dropping?