Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update:
I have 3 on order. Myself, brother and sister. All ordered in Mass.

Mine:
Blue/White MYLR
OD: 1/13 - 6PM
EDD: 2/5 - 3/5

Brother:
Blue/Black MYLR
OD: 1/13. 3PM
EDD: 1/29 - 2/5
VIN: 1/18
Pick Up Scheduled: 2/7, apparently it wad being transported via train.

Sister:
White/Black MYLR
OD: 1/14 - 6PM
EDD: 2/6-3/6
VIN: 1/31 (received early mooring via Text and shows up on the app)
Updated post VIN EED: 2/12-2/18

Now, I am just waiting for my VIN. It is funny because I ordered both of theirs, did their loan work and everything and neither of them cares when the car arrives or even check the tesla app. I log in to each of their account and make sure its all updated. And both of them got their VIN before I did lol. But I do have white interior so I assume that's what's causing the delay.
You should take one of their cars whichever comes the first :) It's weird that you haven't received your VIN yet.

Reactions: KangThe and DKS37
Unfortunately not true for me. Ordered a day earlier 1/17, Blue/black, no customizations, NJ - EDD 3/5-3/31 (unchanged).
TE5IA, I've been lurking so first post. Same order and location.

MYLR Blue/Black/19/No Tow
OD: 01/19 evening ET (Tesla says 1/20)
EDD: 03/05-03/31
No VIN yet

Looking around, it seems that blue in real life is not as bright or metallic as website. Just ordered and will test drive in early Feb.

Trade-in quote was just for giggles . . . and so . . . I laughed and rejected.

TE5IA, I've been lurking so first post. Same order and location.

MYLR Blue/Black/19/No Tow
OD: 01/19 evening ET (Tesla says 1/20)
EDD: 03/05-03/31
No VIN yet

Looking around, it seems that blue in real life is not as bright or metallic as website. Just ordered and will test drive in early Feb.

Trade-in quote was just for giggles . . . and so . . . I laughed and rejected.
The blue is pretty bright and metallic in full sun. It certainly changes to a much deeper hue in cloudy and night.

Reactions: WyoDude
I had this same question earlier and after digging into it and searching a bit, I get the impression that if possible, a cashier's check is the way to go. Some folks indicated the following: if you to reject your car the first or heck, maybe even the second time, you already given Tesla your nearly $60k; if you cancel your order because something went wrong or you change your mind, it will be incredibly difficult to get your money back from Tesla and will take several weeks; and lastly (and most scary) is the chance that Tesla charges your account twice and then you have to run around and spend weeks trying to get your money back.

No thanks, I'll get a cashiers check and hand it to the sales rep when we agree to take delivery.
Would it be possible to process the electronic payment only after accepting the car? If so, this would be equivalent to holding onto the cashiers check.

Make sure in the website you click MVPA or Purchase Agreement, not Order Agreement or Vehicle Configuration. The MVPA should have the full breakdown on page 2 or 3.
Documents:
Order Agreement
Lemon Law Disclosure
Delivery Configuration
Lending Agreement

The delivery configuration shows as mvpa in the pdf but is 1 page and does not include tax info.

Oh but the mvpa states:
"Price indicated does not include taxes and governmental fees, which will be calculated as your delivery date nears. You will be responsible for these additional taxes and fees."

sorry, I guess I need to wait. Thought it would show by now since I've had my VIN since 1/20. Delivery date is 2/14 though.

Reactions: mt247
Would it be possible to process the electronic payment only after accepting the car? If so, this would be equivalent to holding onto the cashiers check.
That's not how it works. Even if you are going with the cashier's check, you hand them the check first before you can inspect the car. If you inspect the car and then you decide not to take the car, then you can ask for your check back. And even in this case you would need to make sure you tell the salesperson you expect your check back in the event you are not going to accept delivery.

Reactions: fredzos and Jeff-4
MYLR White/black
OD: 1/14
Delivery Date: 2/4/2023
Mobile charger: not shipped

Question: I'm supposed to pick the car up Saturday but still do not have a way to charge it without the mobile charging cord. I have 0 desire to fart town to go to charging stations.
Anybody have any idea how to get an employee of the tesla store on the phone to push them to ship the cord. They have not responded to my emails.
Any advice from the community would be appreciated.

I'm super excited to join to tesla club but annoyed i have to chase down a charger.

MYLR White/black

Question: I'm supposed to pick the car up Saturday but still do not have a way to charge it without the mobile charging cord. I have 0 desire to fart town to go to charging stations.
Anybody have any idea how to get an employee of the tesla store on the phone to push them to ship the cord. They have not responded to my emails.

I'm super excited to join to tesla club but annoyed i have to chase down a charger.
Check with your local service center, sometimes they’re in stock.

MYLR White/black

Buy a used one on facebook marketplace in your area.

MYLR White/black

Mine didn't ship either but when I picked up my car the service center had them in stock. I cancelled my Tesla online order and just bought it there as I was picking up the car.

I never got a text message. I'll email them about this.
Sure, and if possible call the contact us number on the tesla website and waitttttt for the call to be picked up the first time, and then ask them the number where you can text for details, they will immediately do it (that's how I got it, which turns out to be the same number from where I got my order confirmation)

someone else mentioned in this thread, going to the showroom nearby and asking them to assign one sales agent to you, so you can chat with the person.

Documents:
Order Agreement
Lemon Law Disclosure
Delivery Configuration
Lending Agreement

The delivery configuration shows as mvpa in the pdf but is 1 page and does not include tax info.

Oh but the mvpa states:
"Price indicated does not include taxes and governmental fees, which will be calculated as your delivery date nears. You will be responsible for these additional taxes and fees."

sorry, I guess I need to wait. Thought it would show by now since I've had my VIN since 1/20. Delivery date is 2/14 though.
If you see Lending Agreement, I think that means you have Tesla Financing selected. Switch it to cash and once the MVPA is ready and you download it, switch back to Tesla Financing. Or you can ask your SA if they are responsive.

On mine I have:

Documents​

Order Agreement
Lemon Law Disclosure
Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement
Delivery Configuration