Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will eventually pick up from Springfield. Hopefully different experience as that’s kind of silly and petty. Usual Dealer practice is a) go over the car and instructions. b) then Pay and sign docs. c) then get lectured on insurance and warranty (like a time share).

"The paperwork" for buying a tesla is a few pages. The MVPA is surprisingly easy to understand, not at all like the triplicate paperwork that a traditional dealer prints out, that many times has "errors" in it (that surprisingly are NEVER EVER EVER in your favor).

I dont work for tesla (not even close) and I am just another person online, but I would suggest that Tesla's policy is to not unlock the door to the car until you pay. You can likely get them to bend that policy as long as you are not standing there with what appears to be a long checklist, and / or tools to measure gaps, or having a "I WILL see inside the car before I pay, or else! (let me talk to the manager) type attitude (or picking up shortly after someone tried to pull that).

"The paperwork" for buying a tesla is a few pages. The MVPA is surprisingly easy to understand, not at all like the triplicate paperwork that a traditional dealer prints out, that many times has "errors" in it (that surprisingly are NEVER EVER EVER in your favor).

I dont work for tesla (not even close) and I am just another person online, but I would suggest that Tesla's policy is to not unlock the door to the car until you pay. You can likely get them to bend that policy as long as you are not standing there with what appears to be a long checklist, and / or tools to measure gaps, or having a "I WILL see inside the car before I pay, or else! (let me talk to the manager) type attitude (or picking up shortly after someone tried to pull that).
That makes sense. I don't want to be unreasonable, just want to make sure I feel good that there is nothing that can't be addressed after delivery. Honestly, I'm not too picky either, and of course, I want the car! LOL. As long as it can be fixed in a reasonable amount of time, I think I'll be very happy. Does the 72 hour / 100 mile limit include everything, such as the paint issue Jasonx82 posted pictures on? (And Congrats Jasonx82!) Also, would be nice to make sure there is nothing glaring on the interior (like a steering wheel that pops off LOL), but I guess I can just take my time and go through it after I hand over the check? I suppose I also have to keep in mind that this isn't a traditional dealership experience (where I all but assume I'm going to get "taken" somehow LOL). I look forward to sharing my experience here with you all. And I'm already very grateful for this community that has provided so much already. :)

Reactions: PewPew
I also ordered red/black on the 19th and dont recall seeing any in this thread getting their VINs for the same combo. seems you would have got yours by now, but I’m guessing all the reds will suddenly get updates together. My EDD changed last week from Jan-Mar to Mar 4-31. So it narrowed, but nothing else since then. Hope you get it soon, because that could mean I’m a bit closer.
I had call with Tesla SA today. They said most likely will get VIN assigned next week. SA confidently said it will be deliver before end of February. Keeping finger cross.

MYLR Red/Black
MY OD - 1/16

Reactions: msinfo
Tesla online - delivery for Model Y is now estimated Mar-May 2023...... wow

1675307058648.png

I had call with Tesla SA today. They said most likely will get VIN assigned next week. SA confidently said it will be deliver before end of February. Keeping finger cross.

MYLR Red/Black
MY OD - 1/16
That would be awesome since I ordered different color options on 1/15 and still have a Feb 14 - Mar 21 EDD. Love to not have to worry about how much of the tax credit I get. Funny how some SAs give some info and others don't. Although I always wonder if those that offer more info really know or just basing it on their experience.

just saw local inventory for NE and there are quite a few AWD with the lower range of 269 miles and coming in under $55k (they are listed as “in production”). So, tax credit elegible, and AWD, but with less range, not the LR version of over 300 miles.

Reactions: bdhaduk
Yeah, will definitely give a full report here :) I spoke to a colleague from work who picked up in Springfield back around July, who said they didn't unlock the car until he went inside and paid, but it didn't sound like he really pressed for it either. I guess the question is, if I ask, and they say absolutely not, do I walk? Probably not, but the thought of that response is certainly annoying, isn't it? I've heard people on here say both things - that you shouldn't take delivery until you fully inspect and are satisfied, and that they don't have to unlock it.
At the Paramus NJ location, my friend and I were able to inspect the exterior/interior of his car before he accepted delivery and paid/signed. When it came time for him to officially accept delivery, they pulled the car up to the front (the parking lot is gigantic). He did notice 1-2 minor panel gaps so had to talk to the Tesla people there (us inspecting the car and then talking to Tesla reps were the 2 things that took the longest).

I saw people there just walk in, talk to the Tesla rep to pay/accept their Tesla delivery, and then drive off so their delivery experiences were probably like 5 mins or less which greatly differs than the people who spend a long time making sure there are no issues.

Edit: Btw, when did Tesla reach out to you for scheduling a date for picking up the car (few days before EDD?)? My EDD is next week but I haven't gotten anything yet.

At the Paramus NJ location, my friend and I were able to inspect the exterior/interior of his car before he accepted delivery and paid/signed. When it came time for him to officially accept delivery, they pulled the car up to the front (the parking lot is gigantic). He did notice 1-2 minor panel gaps so had to talk to the Tesla people there (us inspecting the car and then talking to Tesla reps were the 2 things that took the longest).

I saw people there just walk in, talk to the Tesla rep to pay/accept their Tesla delivery, and then drive off so their delivery experiences were probably like 5 mins or less which greatly differs than the people who spend a long time making sure there are no issues.

Edit: Btw, when did Tesla reach out to you for scheduling a date for picking up the car (few days before EDD?)? My EDD is next week but I haven't gotten anything yet.
My EDD was around 2/8-15 and just got scheduled today for Springfield on 2/11