Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD: 1/17/23
MODEL: MYLR WHITE 20INDUCTION BLACK INT
EDD: 2/17-3/19
VIN ASSIGNED: 2/2
NEW EDD: 2/16-2/23
REGION: PA

HAS ANYONE OR IS ANYONE TRYING TO TRADE IN THEIR LEASED VEHICLE? I HAVE A LEASED 2021 SUBARU CROSSTREK THAT I WANTED TO TRADE IN. GOT A QUOTE FROM TESLA FOR TRADE IN $26100 WHICH IS ABOUT TO BE EQUAL TO PAYOFF AMOUNT EXCLUDING PA TAXES, AND I GOT A QUOTE FROM CARMAX FOR $27400 BUT I AM NOT SURE THE QUOTE FROM CARMAX IS WORTH OF TAKING. DO CARMAX PAY MY LESSOR(CHASE BANK) JUST PAYOFF AMOUT WITHOUT TAX AND GIVE ME THE REMAINDER? PLUS I HAVE A PENDING LOAN FROM TOWER FCU, WHICH I APPLIED 3 DAYS AGO, AND GOT A TEXTFROM TESLA TODAY TO FINISH PRE-DELIVERY TASKS TO GET MVPA, BUT I DO NOT KNOW THE EXACT AMOUNT I NEED TO FINANCE UNTIL I KNOW THE EXACT COST. CAN I JUST PUT IN THE AMOUNT ORDER AGREEMENT JUST TO MOVE ON AND MAKE A FINE MODIFICATION WHEN IT GETS CLOSER TO DELIVERY?
I ordered the same configuration, but on 1/19. I didn't get a VIN or new EDD yet. I'm also near Philadelphia, and my delivery location is Devon.

Same here haha. YOLO, right? 😄

Went from I'm fine with my 2010 Camry to I need a used RAV4, then to nah I'll buy a new 2023 crv, to EV4Life. Never even drive a Tesla until after I ordered it lol. Can't go back now once I've experienced that acceleration.
OD 1/18
MYLR w/w 19's considering hitch but don't want the date pushed out
EDD 2/18- 3/15
No VIN

This will be All new for me as well.

I have looked at a Model Y that was parked in a mall lot, but that is all.

Hope I like the seats and driving position since I have never sat in, rode in, or driven a Tesla. Closest TESLA facility is about an hour away.

Waiting for a VIN and update on delivery soon.

Reactions: Garlock
I agree... if they do impose the domestic requirements, I think even worst case scenario is that they make it begin April 1. They would be acting in pretty bad faith if they didn't; based on the way they have rolled it out with the vague "march" language, I would be be willing to bet 3 to 1 that any march deliveries of any date will end up being able to qualify for the full credit.
This has been my thoughts as well. Not saying it’s impossible things would be immediately restrictive, but it is more likely to occur on a month or quarter end vs. a random time.

Reactions: Byce007
OD 1/15
MYLR w/w 19's considering hitch but don't want the date pushed out
EDD 2/18- 3/15
No VIN

This will be All new for me as well.

I have looked at a Model Y that was parked in a mall lot, but that is all.

Hope I like the seats and driving position since I have never sat in, rode in, or driven a Tesla. Closest TESLA facility is about an hour away.

Waiting for a VIN and update on delivery soon.
When I went to store, they didn't have any I could test drive, but they did have a few on the lot. I scheduled a test drive then for later in the week and they opened one up and let me adjust seats, checkout out storage etc. I went home that day and ordered (same day as you just MSM and black interior).
I have a M3, so I roughly new what to expect, but it was a lot more roomy inside than I though it would be. The frunk and under the cargo area storage was also much bigger than I expected too.

Reactions: 455dan
Will be interesting to see how the new IRS cap plays out in the coming weeks. All existing inventory will get scooped up, theoretically freeing up those reservations. But assuming Tesla wants to maximize margins on every MY unit - they could prioritize MYP production over lower priced variants, regardless of order dates..

Reactions: KangThe
Did the incomes change :(
I would not be surprised to see this tax credit become in definite. The EVs switch is coming. Might as well accelerate it and get everyone on board.
The law is already written and passed. The issue with the law is some of the terms for the battery requirements were not clear, so the treasury didn't quite know how to implement them. For example, the bill said that in 2023, X% of the battery materials would have to be sourced or recycled in the US or with countries that we have a free trade agreement with. However, in the law, there is no definition of what is a free trade agreement or specifically what it must include. They issued guidance in Dec that for now, if the cars were assembled in US, they get the full credit and said they would delay the battery requirements and issue finial word in March.

The law is already written and passed. The issue with the law is some of the terms for the battery requirements were not clear, so the treasury didn't quite know how to implement them. For example, the bill said that in 2023, X% of the battery materials would have to be sourced or recycled in the US or with countries that we have a free trade agreement with. However, in the law, there is no definition of what is a free trade agreement or specifically what it must include. They issued guidance in Dec that for now, if the cars were assembled in US, they get the full credit and said they would delay the battery requirements and issue finial word in March.
I believe they’ll be bipartisan support to extend past March

I believe they’ll be bipartisan support to extend past March
My point was that the law is already passed with those battery requirements for start on 1/1/2023. However, there isn't a clear way for the IRS to determine what meets the requirements or not, so they have to publish their interpretation.

I hope they can't get their act together for the rest of the year as it is creating a lot of demand which will drive more infrastructure development etc...

I still hope I get my car before March 1 so I don't have to worry about it. :)

I just requested an upgrade to MYP. I had to call Customer Support as I could no longer edit my order from my account. The Customer Service Assistant submitted a request for my upgrade and she said they have been getting a ton of these requests today. Should have confirmation within a few hours that the change has been made!

Reactions: bdhaduk and PewPew
I just requested an upgrade to MYP. I had to call Customer Support as I could no longer edit my order from my account. The Customer Service Assistant submitted a request for my upgrade and she said they have been getting a ton of these requests today. Should have confirmation within a few hours that the change has been made!
For fun, I've been watching my local inventory options for a MYLR or MYP every 30 minutes or so. Every time there is 1 or 2 available on a search, they are gone the next time I search.

Reactions: zroger73
Just updated on the Tesla.com page. Clicked on my RN and clicked on edit my order. You can play around with configs before submitting order. I even can change it back to the original order and it remains the old price.
I tried to edit my order and there doesnt seem to be a way to click the RN number or an edit my order option. I might have to just text my SA to edit my order.

Was debating if I should just get the standard range for cheaper + guaranteed tax credit as there is existing inventory but I'll roll the dice and hope it is extended past March.
I am considering getting a local SR as well. I understand that SRs come with the 4680 battery pack vs 2170. Still doing research on the advantages and disadvantages of the two battery technologies. It's quite acceptable to charge the 4680 battery to 100% on a daily basis, while it is discouraged from doing so with the 2170. Elon has said that the 4680 also retains it effectiveness longer and the 4680 offers better structural support and improved handling. I'm still on the fence.

Last edited: