Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just requested an upgrade to MYP. I had to call Customer Support as I could no longer edit my order from my account. The Customer Service Assistant submitted a request for my upgrade and she said they have been getting a ton of these requests today. Should have confirmation within a few hours that the change has been made!
Glad to hear Tesla is receiving a "ton" of requests to change MYLR orders to MYP... maybe I'll get my MYLR sooner now. :)

For fun, I've been watching my local inventory options for a MYLR or MYP every 30 minutes or so. Every time there is 1 or 2 available on a search, they are gone the next time I search.
As soon as I heard then verified the news about the price cap changing from $55K to $80K this morning, I told my brother-in-law about it and found the exact configuration he originally wanted (red+20") in inventory. By the time he called to change his order minutes later, it was gone. He was able to change his order, but it changed his EDD from mid-February to mid-March.

Also, his sales advisor told him the tax credit changes wouldn't go into effect until after March 31st. I believe his sales advisor gave him incorrect information unless she knows something the internet does not. :)

I'm staying in at my $52,990 "poverty edition" and hoping it still qualifies for the full tax credit when it arrives next month.

As soon as I heard then verified the news about the price cap changing from $55K to $80K this morning, I told my brother-in-law about it and found the exact configuration he originally wanted (red+20") in inventory. By the time he called to change his order minutes later, it was gone. He was able to change his order, but it changed his EDD from mid-February to mid-March.

Also, his sales advisor told him the tax credit changes wouldn't go into effect until after March 31st. I believe his sales advisor gave him incorrect information unless she knows something the internet does not. :)

I'm staying in at my $52,990 "poverty edition" and hoping it still qualifies for the full tax credit when it arrives next month.

Why won’t the 52,990 version not qualify for the full tax credit?

I have looked at a Model Y that was parked in a mall lot, but that is all.

Hope I like the seats and driving position since I have never sat in, rode in, or driven a Tesla. Closest TESLA facility is about an hour away.

I think you will love the seats and driving position. We have a Red MYLR and the seats are super nice. My dad was visiting at Christmas and he has a Lexus LS and he commented how nice and comfortable the MY seats were compared to his Lexus. I was surprised he said that, we really like the seats, but was not sure how they were compared to his Lexus, guess enough for him to comment.

Reactions: PewPew and 455dan
When I heard the news about new 80k cap for all MY, I went to available inventory and was offered to swap my MYLR order (OD: 1/14, EDD:2/10-3/10) with MYP. So, I took it and now have scheduled delivery date!

However..., because MYP already has 13 mi on it, I am concerned that it could be a reject.

My question to the folks on this forum is that if I refuse it, can I go back to the original order and not lose my place in the line, or am I screwed because I have to start the order process all over again?

Reactions: sdq_11