Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Should I get a MYP instead of MYLR? :(
I was on the same boat as you, below are the following reasons I didn't change my orders:

1. In Mass, there is a EV Rebate for $3,500 but the price limit is $55K, so anything over, you cannot claim the credit.
  2. Larger wheels - even though they look good, I don't want them because they have low profile tires. In the past, I have had other cars with 21in rims and it was SO easy to pop a tire in winter on a bad pothole. I recall, I went through 3 tires in a span of 3 years due to tires ripping.
  3. Also, due to the torque, the tires spin faster, obviously and they destroy the tires a lot faster and the need to replace the tires will be quite often.
  4. The suspension is a lot more stiffer than the MYLR. It is sportier and responsive and I don't think I want that on a daily basis.

So due to all of the reasons above, I stuck with the MYLR.

Additionally, you can purchase the acceleration boost to increase the speed by half a second if you really want to after the fact.

Already got a MYLR set for delivery on Wednesday.
I thought about it too late, was gonna ask to see if I could assign my order to a MYP instead.
But then I'd have to get 19's for the MYP due to the 21 inch wheels that are made of paper mache :(

**And of course, Tesla increased the price again.

I am so happy to have found this group.
I just ordered the model Y and didn't know what to expect. I was wondering are the estimated delivery date relatively accurate these days? i know last year people waited almost a year in some occassions?
Order date : 1/25/2023 7 PM
MYLR Silver Metallic/White interior
EDD: 3/20-3/31

Reactions: geekfam
I wonder if anyone has applied with tower thru $35 donation and can share their experience on the whole application process? I am inclined to apply through Tower due to their low rates
I got approved for the loan after a few days and 2 weeks later I am still waiting to get approved to be a member. It’s a huge mess. No communication. If you want to call, average 35 minute wait to chat with someone.

Thought I would update as well. I ordered blue and black interior on 1/18. Edd was March 18-31. Today edd was moved up to feb 18-March 18. The mobile kit also shipped yesterday. So my previous comment about people ordering around week of 18 January and getting updated edd this week seems to be on point. Hopefully nothing gets delayed.
I
Deep Blue Metallic MYLR/19" Gemini Wheels/ Black Premium Interior/Five Seat/Autopilot
OD: 1/18/2023 (4 pm CST)
Estimated Delivery: Jan - Mar 2023

1/25/2023 I changed my order to an available-in-stock MYP and received the VIN# via text and email.
EDD is now 02/06 - 02/12 😁
Model Y Performance Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
Solid Black Paint
Performance Upgrade
21’’ Überturbine Wheels
All Black Premium Interior
Five Seat Interior
Autopid

*1/29/2023: Delivery Appointment: Feb 1

Already got a MYLR set for delivery on Wednesday.
I thought about it too late, was gonna ask to see if I could assign my order to a MYP instead.
But then I'd have to get 19's for the MYP due to the 21 inch wheels that are made of paper mache :(

**And of course, Tesla increased the price again.
I was thinking changed my order to MYP too. But Tesla downgraded the brake, and the spoiler keeps coming off. Im fine with LR

Reactions: jose3030
There's quite a few federal credit unions with lower rates than Tesla so I'd say any of them.

Only reason I'm not doing that is the issues people have been having with these credit unions not accepting ID verification online sometimes or rejecting the loan at the last minute or having to go through the process twice if you reject Tesla's delivery and get a new VIN. I'd rather just take Tesla's loan and then refinance later on.

However, Tower FCU is the lowest I've seen and I also had gotten approved for their 2.24% APR for 36 month but they are the credit union having the most issues right now so I'm not sure if they are worth the hassle at the moment
The hassle with credit unions is the same, especially If you’re not currently a member. So, it’s not unique to Tower. I've learned that the best approach is to apply early and complete all the processes ahead of time. Checking the credit report after two weeks of application is also common in the industry. It all just takes planning.

I was on the same boat as you, below are the following reasons I didn't change my orders:

1. In Mass, there is a EV Rebate for $3,500 but the price limit is $55K, so anything over, you cannot claim the credit.
  2. Larger wheels - even though they look good, I don't want them because they have low profile tires. In the past, I have had other cars with 21in rims and it was SO easy to pop a tire in winter on a bad pothole. I recall, I went through 3 tires in a span of 3 years due to tires ripping.
  3. Also, due to the torque, the tires spin faster, obviously and they destroy the tires a lot faster and the need to replace the tires will be quite often.
  4. The suspension is a lot more stiffer than the MYLR. It is sportier and responsive and I don't think I want that on a daily basis.

So due to all of the reasons above, I stuck with the MYLR.

Additionally, you can purchase the acceleration boost to increase the speed by half a second if you really want to after the fact.
I was on the same boat but on the other hand, buying the accelaration boost and upgrading the wheel for inductions = "Performance price" (also includes spoiler and it is significant faster than the accelaration boost.