Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am so happy to have found this group.
I just ordered the model Y and didn't know what to expect. I was wondering are the estimated delivery date relatively accurate these days? i know last year people waited almost a year in some occassions?
Order date : 1/25/2023 7 PM
MYLR Silver Metallic/White interior
EDD: 3/20-3/31
FWIW I ordered relatively soon after the price drop (Jan 14), and am scheduled for delivery tomorrow (Feb. 5). Originally was quoted Feb. 12-Mar 19th, so early buy 1-2 weeks.

Ordered 1/12 at around 7pm pacific.

Delivery Est 1/22 to 2/5

Model Y Midnight Silver LR

FWIW I ordered relatively soon after the price drop (Jan 14), and am scheduled for delivery tomorrow (Feb. 5). Originally was quoted Feb. 12-Mar 19th, so early buy 1-2 weeks.
Thats awesome..very promising. I know i'm still early in the waiting game. Ive been reading a lot of posts and people are getting their cars earlier than their estimated delivery range. I'm very optimistic.

Reactions: geekfam
The hassle with credit unions is the same, especially If you’re not currently a member. So, it’s not unique to Tower. I've learned that the best approach is to apply early and complete all the processes ahead of time. Checking the credit report after two weeks of application is also common in the industry. It all just takes planning.
I'm sure it does happen with everyone but I think most people are experiencing it with Tower at the moment since they have the lowest APR. Doesn't surprise me that it's an issue with all FCUs. And definitely could work with planning but not worth the stress if refinancing is an option in my opinion.

Reactions: nurseyag
I am so happy to have found this group.
I just ordered the model Y and didn't know what to expect. I was wondering are the estimated delivery date relatively accurate these days? i know last year people waited almost a year in some occassions?
Order date : 1/25/2023 7 PM
MYLR Silver Metallic/White interior
EDD: 3/20-3/31
You ain't getting it until March for sure, ordered same model on the 1/15 and I still don't have my VIN.

• Informative
Reactions: jose3030
MYLR MSM/Black/no options/19”
OD: 1/24
EDD: Apr 1-May 13 (updated 1/25)
No VIN as of 1/25 Evening

Hope there's some federal credit that's available when I get it.
The issue is the battery requirements. You should be good after the treasury issues guidance on the batteries for 1/2 the $7,500 assuming you take delivery after the rules take effect. Just depends on what they announce

Question: After getting VIN, Do you get text / email or app update showing to schedule your delivery?

I picked up a car from existing inventory at nearest Tesla store. But I am not getting any update on delivery schedule.

I am from Bay Area, CA
I was notified on both email and text but it can take some days after VIN. The App would also show that it is time to schedule

MYLR White/Black/no options/19”
OD: 1/20
EDD: Mar 12-Mar 31 (updated 1/26)

Frustrating that there’s currently an available one at he dealer here in town, exact same specs, but $2k more now. I assume they won’t price match? Will be gone any minute now I’m sure anyways.

Frustrating that there’s currently an available one at he dealer here in town, exact same specs, but $2k more now. I assume they won’t price match? Will be gone any minute now I’m sure anyways.
They will. Go to nearest Tesla location and get it done quickly. I did same.

Reactions: geekfam

We have almost same timeline.
OD: 01/20
EDD: 03/13-03/31

You should be able to work with your SA to get the inventory car for the old price. Call them or go into the store ASAP

I wonder if anyone has applied with tower thru $35 donation and can share their experience on the whole application process? I am inclined to apply through Tower due to their low rates
Check out the dedicated thread for that here:

Reactions: thetuk