Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like a good amount of people are getting their VIN's today.

To the people that have concerns if their VIN was a reject, you can text your SA asking the following:
  1. Does it come with Matrix Headlights?
  2. Build date
  3. Does it come with other accessories, ie mud flaps and Rear door PPF
I was able to confirm that my MY has Matrix and was it was produced last night.
Here is NJ too. I was told no PPF for the region. How about yours?

But for some of us we are on our way home within that 100 miles 😂
You can take all the time in the world to check over your car and you may miss something because you are super excited to just be picking up a car you have waited for.
I had a mechanical issue and a cosmetic issue and both were fixed well over 100 miles on the car.
I have never had a problem with my local service center( 1 1/2 hours away). They have always been very accommodating.
I'm by no means saying the 3-day 100-mile requirement is a good policy, or that Tesla employees always follow it, I'm only saying that it is the policy, and if the employees you're dealing with choose to follow it strictly, there's not much you can do about it. I would guess that in most cases, if the issue is pretty obviously from factory, they'll take care of you. But if you report a paint blemish that resembles a rock chip on the front bumper after driving it 150 miles, that's probably going to be yours to deal with, even if it was like that when you picked it up. For me, I'm going to check that car over as if there will be no support once it leaves the lot. Others trust their local service center and think it's silly to inspect the car at the delivery appointment, everyone has to choose what mix of these two approaches is right for them.
I dont like this policy either, my pickup location is over 100 miles away, so kind of sucks imo. I have to be one of those guys who sits there at pick up and go over every damn detail
Like others have said, there's a good chance you'll be able to get service beyond that window, but for me, if there's no guarantee, I'm going to treat it as a guaranteed "no". I think of the inspection as an opportunity to get familiar with my new car, I don't think it has to be painful, I'm going to relax and take my time with it.

Finally got vin this morning.
OD: 1/14 pm
MYLR W/B/19
Old EDD 2/5-3/5
New EDD 2/15-2/24
VIN: PF672xxx
Got anxious this morning so I texted the 510 number about the update and seconds later the app updated from 2/5-3/5 to 2/9-2/23. Then one hour later got a text about vin assigned. Looks like coming from Fremont. Other than higher chance of Matrix headlight, any other differences from Austin build?

Finally got vin this morning.
OD: 1/14 pm
MYLR W/B/19
Old EDD 2/5-3/5
New EDD 2/15-2/24
VIN: PF672xxx
Got anxious this morning so I texted the 510 number about the update and seconds later the app updated from 2/5-3/5 to 2/9-2/23. Then one hour later got a text about vin assigned. Looks like coming from Fremont. Other than higher chance of Matrix headlight, any other differences from Austin build?
Congrats. I've had a Feb 5 - Feb 19 two week window since Monday, and still not VIN. EDD window starts today, and people on the phone just say watch the app. No one responds to my texts either. Very frustrating. Figure I would have a VIN before I got into this window. Order on 1/14/23.

OD 1/15/2023 around noon
Greater Atlanta Area
MYLR, White/Black/19"
EDD Feb 11 to march 19
New EDD 1/10 to 2/14
VIN Assigned on 2/5/2023; appeared below the RM in the AP. No text No email
7SAYGDEE8PA06XXXX

QUESTION:
1) When I put it in VIN decoder the 8th digit indicates Dual motor standard drive
Should I be concerned?
2) Several people have sent text to SA how do I get a number to text?

Thanks in advance for replying.
ST

8Motor/Drive UnitE = Dual Motor - Standard Model Y
That's because it is a "standard drive" and not a performance model which has a bigger rear motor.

Good question. I saw the news too. Just sent a message to the SA asking the question. Everyone can ask their SA directly, so we at least get some official responses.
Response from my SA:
"We have no plans to (nor have we already) add radar back to our vehicles. Your vehicle comes with the latest in our Tesla Vision platform."
I guess I am lucky to have the latest Tesla technology :)

Response from my SA:
"We have no plans to (nor have we already) add radar back to our vehicles. Your vehicle comes with the latest in our Tesla Vision platform."
I guess I am lucky to have the latest Tesla technology :)
That sounds more like a “I’m just saying what we’re told to say” kind of deal, not that I think it’s an issue.

Adding/removing features a is a corp/hq level decision, not service.

That sounds more like a “I’m just saying what we’re told to say” kind of deal, not that I think it’s an issue.

Adding/removing features a is a corp/hq level decision, not service.
I am just curious to see if the speculation about the Radar in last December is true or not. Some people are now saying that the radar may come back in late this year with Cybertruck. Anyway, it isn't a deal breaker for me.

Sounds good. Any recommendation for the PPF work? I am thinking to get it in the front and the doors.

For the entire car or specific parts? Assuming you looked at shops already, do you mind sharing what you think the cost would be?

I'm also in NJ and debating whether or not to get PPF done after getting the car.

Correct, I found a place to do the work.

I am doing a full color correction, Xpel PPF on the whole front end, ceramic coat the whole car including windows and new set of rims that i ordered recently. Reach out to Achilles Auto Detailing Products and mentioned Garrick sent you.

Reactions: rr_92 and NJ08809
you can get the complete car covered with PPF for $2k. The front is usually $600-700. If someone is asking you $2k for just the front PPF, you are being ripped off.
Pretty certain, at minimum, this is area dependent… cause it definitely ain’t that cheap in my area. I’ve seen enough posts to think it’s also not that cheap in many other areas too.

I am just curious to see if the speculation about the Radar in last December is true or not. Some people are now saying that the radar may come back in late this year with Cybertruck. Anyway, it isn't a deal breaker for me.
I was just saying that asking service probably isn’t going to be helpful.

With the way Tesla likes to “quietly” make changes, you might only find out from later customers that took delivery whether or not a change got made.