Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very long day but we are home. This is our third Tesla purchase at Mt. Kisco and every one has been a different experience.
We arrived at the DC and we walked around the lot looking for our MY and it was no where to be found. So we went inside to speak with someone. I stated I was there to take delivery of a MY and gave her my name. They had NO IDEA where the car was 🤦🏻‍♀️ So it took a team of people to figure out where it was, after 20 mins of waiting, it finally showed up.
I had told the person I was communicating with 100 times over, PLEASE DONT DETAIL the car. Well it rolled up detailed. Man I was not happy. (It’s a long story about why I didn’t want it detailed). So when the person I was talking with saw it was detailed, he was very apologetic. And I was like well we can’t go backwards.
So as far as issues go, very minimal. 2 things we noticed on the lot was the passenger side headlight was not flush with the frunk and bumper. Drivers side was ok. And there is a small blemish in the paint near the window trim on the drivers side. I think it would cause more harm than good to fix it, so it has a birthmark.
On the drive home (239 miles) I noticed the alignment was pulling to the right and there was excessive wind/ road noise coming from the front passenger side. Like to the point it sounds like the window is down but it’s not.
So a service ticket is in for 3 of the 4 issues.
On a positive note, the car had 7 miles on it when we picked it up. The fact of how much they have added to the car since we picked up our 22 MYLR last year is phenomenal.
Matrix headlights, cargo cover, carpeted door pockets, wood trim on the doors. And we paid less for this one 😂
I will say I miss the USS! The car didn’t beep at me when I got too close to the wall in my garage and tell me to STOP. I also miss getting the mobile connector free but atleast they give you the J 1772 adapter. And you don’t get the nice chrome plate frames either. I asked if I could buy one but they didn’t have them for sale.
Overall it’s a great car and it got me home safe and sound.
Be patient everyone, yours is coming. A 3 week wait was weird for us as we’ve waited up to 7 months before.
Congrats! When you said "asked them not detailed" could you please be more specific? Ex: "Touchless wash OK but pls keep your hands with dirty rags off my car type or smt else?" When I ordered my custom BMW I also asked them no detail as I did not want them putting swirl marks on it ...

Last edited:
Reactions: 3YMimi73
I guess I will be joining the ranks of people whose EDDs slide out.
MYLR5 MSM/Black everything else standard
OD: 1/15
EDD update 1/18: 2/14 - 3/22
EDD update 2/5: 2/8 - 2/22
Still no vin and tomorrow is the first day of my latest updated EDD
Here I was being all cocky that I got an updated EDD and the vin was sure to follow.... 😭
Tomorrow you'll get the VIN, if not then the next morning your EDD window will shrink to 2/9 - 2/21

Happened to me today. Yesterday EDD was 2/6 - 2/20
No VIN, but today the EDD became 2/7 - 2/19

Not that any of this means anything, they have been known to push EDD out for reasons known only to Tesla

I have been monitoring the Model Y inventory and every now and then one pops up near me. It’s not the color or combo I want but one was close I.e. has a tow hitch and different color but then got to thinking are these cars rejects from other people or really built to be surplus? Thinking it may be worth paying for features I wouldn’t have ordinarily bought or compromise on color to get it now and lock in the full $7.5k rebate - the consideration that it may be another customers reject concerns me most.

Anyone else willing to compromise for a buy now?
I've wondered if some customers rejected the initial delivery car to reorder a higher $$$ car now that the original $55K limit was raised to $80K.

Congrats! When you said "asked them not detailed" could you please be more specific? Ex: "Touchless wash OK but pls keep your hands with dirty rags off my car type or smt else?" When I ordered my custom BMW I also asked them no detail as I did not want them putting swirl marks on it ...
Exactly what you said!
Please don’t touch my car with a towel that you may or may not have dropped on the ground 10 times over and continue to wipe the car. I don’t believe they do touchless wash at this location. When we picked up our last Tesla, some young kid was walking around the parking lot with 1 cloth and Maguires Waterless Wash wiping all the cars down. I looked him in the eyes and I said No Thank You. I also asked them to leave all the plastic on the inside and I would remove it when I got home, they didn’t listen. They listened last time and I can say it’s very satisfying taking all the plastic off the inside of the car 😂

Reactions: NJ08809 and msinfo
It might take a while unless you somehow find something in existing inventory. A bunch of NJ people (including me) and east coasters on here who custom ordered on 1/13-1/15 are just getting our MYLRs delivered now or in the upcoming week. The people who got their Tesla delivered within 1-2 weeks are the ones that got matched to a vehicle in existing inventory.

Now that MY IRS limit is at $80k, existing inventories for them are pretty much sold out.

Yea Tesla rep said maybe end of feb, but it was a casual comment. Inventory is gone and anything appearing goes quickly. So sitting tight.

Reactions: ghuie32
2023 MYLR W/B, 20 inch
OD Jan 19 @ 7PM Pacific
Original EDD Jan-Mar
Jan 24, EDD update - Feb 20 - Mar 27
Feb 2, EDD Update - Feb 16 - Mar 16
Vin Assigned - Feb 5
Delivery scheduled Feb 7 in Fremont.

Under a month.....I'm impressed.
Update: Today i was able to go to the Fremont office and pick up the new ride. Below is a still shot from the video i took because i forgot to take a photo ,smh. But, an hour and half before my scheduled pick up time, i received a text from Tesla prompting me to schedule my pick up time. Confused, I opened the app and it showed me a two week window starting tomorrow to schedule a delivery. I texted the 510 number and asked if my scheduled delivery time was changed and they said the "delivery was canceled by the customer". Confused and annoyed i sent them a screenshot of the text i received from the same number confirming my 1PM delivery appointment. Not sure who "canceled" my order but i sure wouldn't do it 90 min before my scheduled pick up time. Anyways they said they can talk to the team if i could still pick it up today. A few min later i received a text confirming 3PM delivery/pick up time. Despite this hiccup, i still had a pleasant experience. Their Fremont factory is MASSIVE and there were a sea of Teslas staged and waiting to be picked up by their new owners. Finding parking in a MASSIVE parking lot was a pain in the ass but it shows the scale of how big the company is getting. My Model Y rides like a dream and the acceleration is just amazing. Anyways, apologies for the rant. Hope you all waiting will have an update soon. It's worth the wait IMO.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230207_060111.png
    Screenshot_20230207_060111.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 166
Just got a response from a SA located at Burbank, CA that Fremont is no longer shipping MYLR with matrix headlights. Austin remains the same. But MYP will continue to be equipped with matrix headlights.

Hopefully those who receive a MYLR that originated from Fremont and was built this month can disprove that claim. What in the bloody hell is going on? :mad:
Tesla has stopped and started and stopped and started and.....putting Matrix lights on the MYLR. I wouldn't be surprised they go through another period of Premium lights instead of the Matrix (Global) ones. Only M3 has had consistent Matrix lights (excepting the couple weeks they had to put Premium on them last year due to lack of stock). And of course MYP.

as a reference

My OD is 1/18/2023 night

1/21 EDD: Mar 11- Mar 31
no vin has been assigned so far.

but just called tesla sells support line they give me the info:
"your VIN will be assigned on Mar 10 and will schedule the delivery around mar 22 to 24th, your delivery will be no late than mar 28th"

guess you can just call those people and seems like they already scheduled everyone with their "desired" time

Reactions: estebanofarrel
as a reference

My OD is 1/18/2023 night

"your VIN will be assigned on Mar 10 and will schedule the delivery around mar 22 to 24th, your delivery will be no late than mar 28th"

guess you can just call those people and seems like they already scheduled everyone with their "desired" time
What number did you call?

Tomorrow you'll get the VIN, if not then the next morning your EDD window will shrink to 2/9 - 2/21

Happened to me today. Yesterday EDD was 2/6 - 2/20
No VIN, but today the EDD became 2/7 - 2/19

Not that any of this means anything, they have been known to push EDD out for reasons known only to Tesla
It wouldn't bother me so much if I just knew it was coming before 3/1. I know that isn't THE day the treasury is coming out with rules, but it could be that day or any day after.

In Minnesota, Ordered MSM LR 1/25, switched to MYP Red/black with tow package today 2/8. Original EDD March 21-31, remains unchanged after design edit. Hoping I didnt screw myself by switching
Interesting. I guess those of us who ordered later and still have a Feb-March ED window probably have no chance of getting the MYP in late Feb or even early March. Looks like Tesla is at best meeting the very end of its month range.

as a reference

My OD is 1/18/2023 night

as a reference

My OD is 1/18/2023 night

Same order date except early in the day.
I am going to "cling" to the hope my MYLR EDD remains correct at 2/16-3/2
No VIN yet.

Update: Today i was able to go to the Fremont office and pick up the new ride. Below is a still shot from the video i took because i forgot to take a photo ,smh. But, an hour and half before my scheduled pick up time, i received a text from Tesla prompting me to schedule my pick up time. Confused, I opened the app and it showed me a two week window starting tomorrow to schedule a delivery. I texted the 510 number and asked if my scheduled delivery time was changed and they said the "delivery was canceled by the customer". Confused and annoyed i sent them a screenshot of the text i received from the same number confirming my 1PM delivery appointment. Not sure who "canceled" my order but i sure wouldn't do it 90 min before my scheduled pick up time. Anyways they said they can talk to the team if i could still pick it up today. A few min later i received a text confirming 3PM delivery/pick up time. Despite this hiccup, i still had a pleasant experience. Their Fremont factory is MASSIVE and there were a sea of Teslas staged and waiting to be picked up by their new owners. Finding parking in a MASSIVE parking lot was a pain in the ass but it shows the scale of how big the company is getting. My Model Y rides like a dream and the acceleration is just amazing. Anyways, apologies for the rant. Hope you all waiting will have an update soon. It's worth the wait IMO.
Congrats! Glad everything went well with your car. I've the same exact configs as you with EDD 2/16 - 3/2. It is like waiting for the arrival of a baby, you've an expectant date but just don't know exactly when. :)