Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if any body has experienced this before, I completed the profile on 1/31 which is about a week after my order date, would that affect my delivery date? The EDD changed from Jan- Mar when I placed the order to March- May after I completed the profile with delivery info. Quite frustrated if it cannot be delivered by the end of March for tax credit..

I don't think it matters since the order date is what gets you in line. I wish I didn't apply for financing instantly, get approved, and now may have to re-apply if it takes tesla a longer time to deliver. Some of these things are quite arbitrary. Browsing here, you can see that several members received a data-range within days of placing the order, while others still couldn't narrow it down to a window weeks after placing theirs.

I don't think it matters since the order date is what gets you in line. I wish I didn't apply for financing instantly, get approved, and now may have to re-apply if it takes tesla a longer time to deliver. Some of these things are quite arbitrary. Browsing here, you can see that several members received a data-range within days of placing the order, while others still couldn't narrow it down to a window weeks after placing theirs.
My SA asked me to complete the registration, trade-in details etc. immediately after placing the order which should expedite ….

Reactions: YisPatHere
Looks like Tesla SA lied to me. Not knowing how the Matrix light looked, I asked him. He "looked" it up on the computer and said I had them.

I looked up some pics and checked this morning and they look like the older style.
Thanks for checking and following up. I've seen this happen so many times over the past year on here. SA tells customer they have something and it turns out they don't. Some SAs know their stuff....many others are clueless. In their system the headlights are called "Premium" and "Global" so nothing actually says "Matrix". Global are the matrix...I bet some SAs think Premium are the matrix.

I've been refreshing the app and web page about 100 times a day. Last night while I was sleeping, I... GOT... A... VIN!!!!

MYLR5 MSM/Black no changes
OD: 1/15 mid afternoon
EDD: Jan - Mar
EDD: 1/18: 2/14 - 3/22
EDD: 2/5: 2/8 - 2/22
VIN assigned 2/8: Austin Build
EDD 2/8: 2/19 - 2/26
I feel like I can concentrate on other things again. Waiting to hear back about matrix lights.
My coworker ordered the same config on 1/13. He got his vin on 1/27. Not that it is all math, but he got his vin 2 weeks after order and will be picking up 1 month after OD. I ordered 2 days later and got my vin in just over 3 weeks, I should be able to pick up in just under 6 weeks from order. Now I just have to watch the weather app between Austin and the east coast for the next 2 weeks.......

My SA asked me to complete the registration, trade-in details etc. immediately after placing the order which should expedite ….

Interesting. Lucky to have done the registration and all that was due on the day of the order itself though the SA informed me later that I should have not completed financing since it expires and I would get another hard inquiry if I applied again. I would assume the same would apply to the trade-in though I could be wrong on that.

This makes me think they should be able to deliver on time and this is a way to make up some margins on the recent price decreases.

If they were at risk of missing deliveries, why reach out and offer more customizations?

I believe the encouragement to change options is because production has not been planned and parts procurement is still in process so these more recent orders can be changed without affecting any current production or parts procurement plans.

• Informative
Reactions: chobra
Any White interior got delivered?
I don’t see much 1/15 orders with white interior get assigned VIN.

MYLR White/White/19”
OD: 1/15/2023
EDD: 2/9-2/23
Still no vin:(((
Losing my patience. Checking the app like hundreds times a day.
Just got my VIN this morning.

MYLR MSM/white/19”
OD: 1/15/23
EDD: 2/22-3/1

Hang in there. I got a text and email at the same time letting me know I got a VIN assigned.

Reactions: NJ08809 and geekfam
MYLR5 white/black 20 induction ordered on 1/21

EDD1 Jan - Mar
EDD2 2/25 - 3/31

Changed to MYP white/black on 2/3

EDD3 2/5 - 2/19
EDD4 2/6 - 2/19
EDD5 2/7 - 2/19
EDD6 2/8 - 2/19
No VIN
I have the exact same dates as you starting with your EDD3, except i ordered on 1/14. Its like a bad joke they are playing on us and I can’t get anyone to look into if there is a problem for me

Same here - my current daily driver is a 1999 LC100. Also makes for good savings in the gas savings calculation on the Tesla website!

However the Y can’t do what the LC can do so that can go on weekend duty only after the Y comes in.
Nice! I’ve got an ‘04 and love it. Still TBD on keeping it…gonna have to play Tetris in my driveway with 4 cars now.

Just got my VIN this morning.

MYLR MSM/white/19”
OD: 1/15/23
EDD: 2/22-3/1

Hang in there. I got a text and email at the same time letting me know I got a VIN assigned.
I think it depends on what time it is assigned. I don't think they email and text when it is in the middle of the night. I saw my VIN update just after midnight in the app, but didn't get text and email until after 7am.

Reactions: GAR23
I ordered 1/13. MYLR. White/Black no other options. Pick up Saturday 2/11. Bringing Tower FCU check and a bank check for my down payment. Fremont build vin is 659. I’m not sure if this was a car that sat around or was rejected so they put it on a hauler and sent it to NY. I’m picking up in Mt Kisco from Buffalo area. It’s a long drive. Considering train ride but I’m worried I get there and have no way home if car has issues. It would also be rough to take the drive twice. The text with Tesla is terribly off putting. You ask questions and they only answer the ones they want to. Asked right when I got my VIN a question that he/she didn’t answer until yesterday which affected everything. I’m hanging in there but it makes it hard when you are spending that amount of money and you feel like you can’t trust things to be reasonable. I dislike haggling at car dealerships but I’m not sure this is much better. If we didn’t love our Model 3 so much I’m sure I would have pulled the plug by now. I think I also like that I ordered when it was at its lowest price recently. Anyways, I’ll update after delivery to let people with the same worries know how it went.

Reactions: 3YMimi73
Not sure if any body has experienced this before, I completed the profile on 1/31 which is about a week after my order date, would that affect my delivery date? The EDD changed from Jan- Mar when I placed the order to March- May after I completed the profile with delivery info. Quite frustrated if it cannot be delivered by the end of March for tax credit..
unfortunately, I don't think the order is complete until your profile is completed. the estimated delivery date is also partially based on the region you live so they can calculate the time of shipping the vehicle across the state or country.

on a positive note, many of us believe the tax credit deadline of March has either been removed, or will only be announced in March and take another 60 days for public comments (ending in May). worst case scenario is that only half of the tax credit would be available.

I'm sorry for your delay. I had some of the same questions when I first ordered and came to this forum to find out there was a second step for my profile I had to fill out. I just happened to do it the same day.

I'm just a random stranger on the internet, so take everything I posted with a grain of salt.

Reactions: YisPatHere and JTEV