Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And VIN just got assigned this morning as well as EDD updated:

OD 1/13
Original EDD Jan-March
EDD updated 1/25 to January 31-February 14
VIN assigned 1/26 EDD updated Feb 7-Feb 14th
White/Black 19’s
Austin Build

Being a Californian I’d prefer a California built car but pushing up against the deadline may not leave me much choice.

Matrix lights would’ve been nice but at the end of the day, not a BFD to me.

Update. Had the option of scheduling delivery for 2/7 but got greedy and wanted to see how the CVRP rebate played out.

Put order on hold on 2/2 and of course with my luck CVRP guidance was updated on originally scheduled delivery date.

Immediately took order off hold yesterday at 4:00 PM and got a vin and delivery range of 2/24 - 3/4 about 4 hours later.

Was amazed how quickly I was assigned a vin after removing hold. Old vin was Austin build 64xxx and new vin is still Austin build 69xxx.

Just received my VIN today!
OD 1/23 MSM White interior 5 seats
EDD- 3/4-3/31
New EDD 2/14-2/23
Also got the text to schedule delivery

Does anyone know any good credit unions with low interest rates that approve fast? I was thinking of Tower Federal Credit Union but I heard they take long so now I am looking at First Republic Bank.
Whoa that is quick, especially for California! Did you get Performance?

I read a couple days ago Tower is still processing applications from last week of Jan. They suggested someone on this forum accept Tesla financing and refinance with Tower once the application is complete.

Any White interior got delivered?
I don’t see much 1/15 orders with white interior get assigned VIN.

MYLR White/White/19”
OD: 1/15/2023
EDD: 2/9-2/23
Still no vin:(((
Losing my patience. Checking the app like hundreds times a day.
I have same config as yours and my OD is 1/14 but my EDD is still 2/10-3/10. No VIN either. I want to change to an MYP at this point but people haven’t seen shortening in EDD especially with white interiors

7th Update:

Black/Black MYLR w/ 19"
OD: 1/13
EDD: 1/15-1/22
VIN assignment: 1/13
First Delivery Date: 1/15; Rejected because the MYLR was in terrible shape in exterior, had obviously been rejected by multiple people, had scratches, scrapes all over, Austin Build, PA044xxx VIN.
VIN: Cancelled 1/15 (Rejected delivery in person).
VIN: Same VIN reissued 1/15 and gave me 48 hrs to schedule delivery. Did not reschedule delivery for same PA044xxx VIN obviously.
EDD: 1/17-1/24 as of 6pm 1/17, awaiting (hopefully) new VIN.
EDD: 1/28-2/11 as of Wednesday 1/18 4PM, awaiting hopefully new VIN.
VIN: Assigned, New VIN, PF660xxx, Fremont VIN (Assigned 1/22)
EDD: 2/4-2/11 (Updated 1/22)
TXT: Texted SA 1/27 to ask where my car is and they said it's still in transit from Fremont.
DD: Delivery Date Set, Feb 8-10 was the range available. Set delivery date for Feb 8, Vienna/Tysons Corner Delivery Center
DD: Tysons Corner called and asked if I could pick it up today 2/6. Unfortunately, due to scheduling conflicts, I cannot. I still have 2/8 pickup date.
DD: 2/8. For situational awareness, I looked at ALL the Model Y's that were lined up. All were from Fremont, including my own. However, mine had crazy scratches on it again all over. All the other cars were PRISTINE except mine. Rejected. I'm out guys, hope someone in DC enjoys my PF660XXX ride.

Stay blessed.

7th Update:

Black/Black MYLR w/ 19"
First Delivery Date: 1/15; Rejected because the MYLR was in terrible shape in exterior, had obviously been rejected by multiple people, had scratches, scrapes all over, Austin Build, PA044xxx VIN.
VIN: Same VIN reissued 1/15 and gave me 48 hrs to schedule delivery. Did not reschedule delivery for same PA044xxx VIN obviously.
TXT: Texted SA 1/27 to ask where my car is and they said it's still in transit from Fremont.
DD: Delivery Date Set, Feb 8-10 was the range available. Set delivery date for Feb 8, Vienna/Tysons Corner Delivery Center
DD: Tysons Corner called and asked if I could pick it up today 2/6. Unfortunately, due to scheduling conflicts, I cannot. I still have 2/8 pickup date.
DD: 2/8. For situational awareness, I looked at ALL the Model Y's that were lined up. All were from Fremont, including my own. However, mine had crazy scratches on it again all over. All the other cars were PRISTINE except mine. Rejected. I'm out guys, hope someone in DC enjoys my PF660XXX ride.

Stay blessed.
Thanks for the update! Hope you get a good one soon.

• Informative
Reactions: jose3030
7th Update:

Black/Black MYLR w/ 19"

Stay blessed.

HOLY CRAP!
what an ordeal

while there, did they all come with matrix headlights?

Anyone here going through Schools First credit union? I just joined (Wife is a teacher) and am planning on going through them. Rates look to be in 4% range. So far that's the best i've been able to find.

EDD is 3/10 - 3/31 so i'll probably submit through Tesla financial as well to compare with SFCU
SFCU offers 4.49% (with auto pay) for new cars, rate good until May 10th. I'm going this route and will refinance later when rates go down. I like banking with them for my car loans, personal preference.

There are better rates through other banks\CU if you want but its up to you which bank you want to work with based on your preference.

7th Update:

Black/Black MYLR w/ 19"

Stay blessed.
That's hard luck man. Better things waiting for you.

SFCU offers 4.49% (with auto pay) for new cars, rate good until May 10th. I'm going this route and will refinance later when rates go down. I like banking with them for my car loans, personal preference.

There are better rates through other banks\CU if you want but its up to you which bank you want to work with based on your preference.

thanks for the info! so far my experience with them has been great so i think i will go the same route as you. Finance with them and then refinance down the line once rates go down.

Anyone here going through Schools First credit union? I just joined (Wife is a teacher) and am planning on going through them. Rates look to be in 4% range. So far that's the best i've been able to find.

EDD is 3/10 - 3/31 so i'll probably submit through Tesla financial as well to compare with SFCU
It should be at 4.5% right now - check your wife's account through the mobile app - they've been sending a bunch of pre-approval notifications. We financed another car with them and it was easy. Only thing is they don't have a direct link to Tesla, so you will have to pay via Auto Convenience Check that they will provide once you get your final agreement after VIN assignment.

7th Update:

Black/Black MYLR w/ 19"

Stay blessed.
Man, as someone who was forced to reject my first VIN, this is my nightmare scenario. I sold my previous car two days before my originally scheduled delivery date. Tesla damaged the rear hatch, then after multiple failed attempts to fix it over a two week period, I told them it was time to move on to a different one. Now I'm waiting for VIN assignment (OD 1/14). If the second car is as unacceptable as the first one, that's going to be a sad day.

Update. Had the option of scheduling delivery for 2/7 but got greedy and wanted to see how the CVRP rebate played out.

Put order on hold on 2/2 and of course with my luck CVRP guidance was updated on originally scheduled delivery date.

Immediately took order off hold yesterday at 4:00 PM and got a vin and delivery range of 2/24 - 3/4 about 4 hours later.

Was amazed how quickly I was assigned a vin after removing hold. Old vin was Austin build 64xxx and new vin is still Austin build 69xxx.
CVRP won't update their guidance until Feb 28th so you're going to have to wait a while.

I'm hoping that the purchase (take delivery) date (1/13/23 to 2/27/23 vs after 2/28/23) won't matter as long as submit your application within 90 days of purchase AND it's after they update their guidance and include the M3 and MY on their eligibility list on 2/28/23.

But if you ordered a MYP blue\white, please pass on it so I can take delivery sooner. :cool:

Last edited: