Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He said He can change it but there's a chance it could delay the delivery by a bit. It's no big deal, they're both the same distance from me anyway. It's going to boil down to a timing issue for me, EDD is 3/10-3/31 and the wife is pregnant and due on 3/13 so crossing my fingers it works out for me to LOL
March is the delivery months for you guys, congratulation!!!

Reactions: LytningMcqueef
Any theories as to the method to their order fulfillment? Random number generator? Alphabetical order of the first or last name? ZIP code? Area code? Price? How many times the app is refreshed to check EDD? :)

It's most likely due to cancellations. If they have a car on its way already, and the buyer cancells, then the car gets assigned to the next person in line at that location with an outstanding order for a matching specification. This explains why a VIN is assigned followed very quickly or immediately by delivery scheduling. There is normally a delay between VIN assignment and being able to schedule delivery. One can probably also confirm this based on VIN range. I seem many recent VINs assigned in the PF684 range.

According to waitingfortesla site there are 4 LR in inventory across the entire US. (Ohio, TX, Hawaii and Sacremento). Not much selection there.
But there are 290 4680 AWDs. Tesla sold about 10 in the last hour.
If I wasn't set on getting the MYP, I'd probably go with an SR too. It's a touch cheaper even my OD price for an LR, sufficient on range for my needs and more likely to get it sooner too.

Reactions: arbitrage000
Had a call earlier today with the Chicago West Grand Ave location. Below are my updated order details based on that conversation -

1/18 OD
MSM, Black, 19"
2/16 - 3/23 EDD as per the app since the day of order
3/5 or 3/6 EDD is what the expert could see in their system

No VIN assigned yet. They did say that the VIN assignment can raise the chances of an earlier delivery. Hoping to get the VIN within next week 🤞🏼

Anyone knows how risky it could get if we take delivery post 3/1 in regards of the tax credit and the new guidelines that will be declared in March?
If you take delivery prior to the announcement (when ever that is) you should be good for the full credit. If it is after the day the announcement and rules become effective, then you will most likely just get the $3,750 part of it. The variable part would be how did they define critical materials and the sourcing. Or they could say on 3/10, here are the rules and they start on some later date.

So OD 1/23. Still no updates obviously. But I'm seeing these lower range (~270mi) Model Ys occasionally pop up on local inventory. Which I assume is Standard Range models??? If I switch to these models, does anyone think I'll regret the lack of range?
Depends on if you take a lot of long trips. If you have a 20 or 30 mile commute, you can easily charge over night, even more so if you have a level 2 type charging arrangement. On a long trip you may end up with an extra 1 or 2 extra charging sessions.

I'm seeing conflicting info that 2023 Model Y's are coming with updated 5MP cameras (supposedly to make up for lack of USS). Can anyone who confirm?

I have searched high and low to confirm this and have found jack $#!t to confirm this. The best I could find was maaaaaybe updated housing with a more extreme angle but nothing from other Tesla owners or website to confirm the camera upgrade for the North American market.

Reactions: Byce007
Well, did you get the price cut on the MSRP?

To be fair, you'd still be saving a lot.

Here's the thing... those in inventory now are SRAWD, what was the price on it when you originally made your order?

PS... what 2%? It was $2k for MYLR from the price drop to $53k to current $55k (don't think you can find those in inventory right now though).
I ordered on 24JAN for $54,495. I thought the price increase for the MYLR was 2%. And, sadly, I cannot find that in my color.

Anyone knows how risky it could get if we take delivery post 3/1 in regards of the tax credit and the new guidelines that will be declared in March?
Nobody really knows when it will be or what the guidance will look like compared to what is written in the bill, save for maybe a few staff at the IRS. Almost every article I can find seems to interpret the expected change as going into effect in March, yet this article from Forbes, which is the most thorough I've seen and was clearly written by a person who actually read and understood the IRS white paper, seems to indicate that because of the disruptive nature of the proposed guidance, they expect a 60-day comment period after the guidance is released before anything goes into effect. No guarantee that this person is right, but I think as a corporate tax professional and former law clerk, she makes a compelling argument that there probably won't be any effective change until late spring or early summer. Still, it's a gamble.

Even when it does change, remember that the change is $3750, not the full $7500.