Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like matrix. Congrats
How do you tell matrix vs non-matrix

Attaching a picture. Can anyone please tell me if this is matrix or not. ?

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20230209-195346.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230209-195346.jpg
    519.1 KB · Views: 124
Reactions: YisPatHere
If you login online, you should have the edit design option. If its gone, that typically means you cant edit your order any longer.

A work around posted here by many, is to take the below url and replace the last portion with your reservation #.

If that doesnt work, looks like youll have to text your SA for any changes.
Talk yo tesla support and they can open Edit dor you. Most likely youe loan is approved and after which they do not allow Edit so vehicle price does not change

MYLR White w/ Black Interior / 5-Seater / No options

OD 1/28 (registration info sent on 2/1)
EDD1 February-March
EDD2 (2/9) April 19-May31

Anyone else getting these really late dates now? A bit annoyed by the fake ranges on the website to get people to order. I want to make a switch to MYP to help increase the likelihood of getting the tax credit, but I doubt the February to March on the site is real. Also concerned with ride comfort.

MYLR White w/ Black Interior / 5-Seater / No options

OD 1/28 (registration info sent on 2/1)
EDD1 February-March
EDD2 (2/9) April 19-May31

Anyone else getting these really late dates now? A bit annoyed by the fake ranges on the website to get people to order. I want to make a switch to MYP to help increase the likelihood of getting the tax credit, but I doubt the February to March on the site is real. Also concerned with ride comfort.
I would buy the standard AWD that is showing up in inventory everywhere today if I were in your situation.

I would buy the standard AWD that is showing up in inventory everywhere today if I were in your situation.
Good advice especially if you find a SR in the configuration you want and your top priority is trying to qualify for the $7500 tax credit. If you go this route, be sure to go through a SA so that your deposit is applied to the new car.

OD 1/13. Bad News! My EDD has extended it's range back to 2 weeks. For days, I have had a 9 day window and it
was shifting day by day. This morning at 6:00 AM my EDD was Feb 9 - Feb 18. Now, just this evening my EDD
unexpectedly moved to Feb 10 - Feb 24. Ouch!!
Bay Area, OD 1/14, This morning mine was 2/9-2/18, after seeing that yours was exactly the same I felt a little panic, anxiously refreshed the app, and indeed, 2/10-2/24 😕.
Not to get all speculative and unnecessarily hopeful, but I'm pretty sure there was some mention earlier in this thread about some EDD's getting reset to a generic value when a VIN assignment was imminent. Maybe it's a bad thing, maybe its a good thing, maybe it means nothing 😅. I'm still just looking for a signal somewhere in the noise ☁️.

• Helpful
Reactions: chobra
It's going to very interesting how many MYs Tesla will be able to deliver this quarter. During the Q4, 2022 call, Elon said that demand at that time was twice their current production capacity. With the inclusion of all MY variations being classified as a SUV, I would bet that demand has accelerated beyond that.

Reactions: geekfam
Not quite true. I have ordered multiple Corvettes and Ford trucks - and a Tesla X. Tesla is amateur hour in their ordering process. Once my order gets "accepted" by GM you can get codes showing the status. Very soon you will get a TPW - target production week. A few weeks before production you will get the VIN. By checking daily production you can get very accurate on the day - and hour - your car will be produced. The TPW does not change. The VIN does not change. Unlike the countless stories on this forum. In my personal experience they gave me a VIN - I finalized my financing and ordered my check - and then I found out the "build" was wrong - they added the $5k+ black wheels. They could not do anything about it, so they reordered the car. Fortunately my credit union cancelled the loan and had to redo it once the correct car came in. Never had any issues with GM or Ford with almost 10 special orders.
No, my response is is true and accurate .

The OP is "Yes but one thing is for sure, Tesla is not going by order date which is disrespectful."

My response was:

No company could possibly go by order date. For example, consider this sequence: Person A orders red, B orders blue, C red, D white, E white, F red. For them to respect that sequence they'd have to turn over their production line four times. If they respected the order date, people would get their cars in 2026. (Yes, I know there's not just one line.) [Bottom line, a car company does not disrespect its customers when it does not follow a FIFO schedule.]

Your response (which I'm sure is true) is addressing a different topic, not the feasibility of Tesla organizing their production line and schedule strictly according to the who ordered first, second, third, etc.

Reactions: YisPatHere