Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That Is really Neat, Would be happy if my MYLR comes with a 4D1 motor.

Will definitely check when it arrives.

Thanks for this post
Yep! Keep in mind you obviously won't get the added performance of a performance model since that's locked behind the software/battery spec. I have read though that for the Model 3 there was a situation where non-performance models came with performance motors and the additional 150 HP was able to be unlocked somehow but didn't really read much into how that was accomplished. The only real benefit might be the motor will experience less "wear-and-tear" since it's pretty much running under spec and there is some curiosity about if there's any difference if you apply the "acceleration boost" option to an LR with the 4D1 motor.

Anyway, there's more discussion about it over here:

What motor does your 2023 Model Y have?

and here:

Model Year 2022 Refresh M3/MY

if you're interested!

Update:
MYLR Midnight Silver Metallic, 19" Gemini
OD 1/14 1:00pm CST
EDD Originally gave Jan-March
EDD changed to Jan 26 - Feb 23 on 1/18
EDD changed to Feb 3- Feb 17 on 1/27
EDD changed to Feb 12-19 and VIN assigned at 8:30 pm 1/29
EDD changed to Feb 6-15 on 2/4
Text received to schedule delivery: 9:00 am (CST), Sunday, 2/5
Delivery scheduled 2/11
PF668xxx

Well,I couldn't contain myself and stopped by the dealership this morning before they opened (my delivery is scheduled for tomorrow). After looking at quite a few Austin-built cars, I did find mine (Fremont build). In my preliminary inspection, almost all of the panel gaps were uniform, and I could not see any paint defects, although the car was quite dirty and covered with frost (I'm in MN). The only things I noticed were that both rear doors seemed just a little out of alignment, since the door and wheel well trim were not completely flush. The trim was proud on the driver side and the door was slightly proud on the passenger side. Also, I can confirm that this MYLR Fremont car has matrix headlights. Please see photos. The car also had a rear luggage cover in place. I spaced out and forgot to look for mudflaps and PPF, but I think these are to be installed prior to taking delivery.

I will point out the door alignment issues when I take delivery, but I am wondering if any of you have experience or thoughts about this?
P.S. Finally, success with images, should you be interested...

Attachments

• IMG_4221 (2).jpeg
    IMG_4221 (2).jpeg
    609.3 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_4223 (2).jpeg
    IMG_4223 (2).jpeg
    917.2 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_4222 (2).jpeg
    IMG_4222 (2).jpeg
    905.6 KB · Views: 99
Reactions: msinfo
I actually noticed this for my friend's MY LR that we picked up a few weeks back (he did "Custom Order" on 1/14 and then Tesla assigned him a car from inventory a day later). Thought it was maybe a minor mistake but I guess it indicates what you're saying.

Despite their Model Y being LR and the logo not having the underline which indicates Performance model, the 8th digit of the VIN is an "F" (11th digit is an "A" so his is an Austin build).
Yep! Same here. I ordered on 1/13 and was assigned a VIN from inventory (Austin Model Y LR built in December). It's a LR but has an "F" in the 8th digit. The working theory is that Austin either received or are receiving the new motors and since Austin doesn't produce Performance models they're putting them in LR models. My insurance actually identifies it as a Model Y Performance however they said it doesn't affect my rate.

Reactions: 455dan and rr_92
So, I finally received the email/text at 7:00 AM(PST) this morning letting me know I have a VIN assigned(even though I saw it on app last night). Registered my insurance and received my "Schedule" text at 9:01 AM. Delivery is schedule for Feb 16th. Birthday was 2/8/23 at 20:37:46. I asked about Matrix, but they were not sure.
Washington is close to OR. So Washington orders are close. Right?? ... Right?? Guys??

• Funny
Reactions: YisPatHere
Few more days for me. I’m excited. 😀
Same here 🙌

Well,I couldn't contain myself and stopped by the dealership this morning before they opened (my delivery is scheduled for tomorrow). After looking at quite a few Austin-built cars, I did find mine (Fremont build).
I plan on doing the same prior to my official delivery date.

How did you find your car (like is car's VIN located in the car where you can see it)? Also, did you talk to any Tesla people there or just checked out the outside by yourself?

Folks,
I ordered MYLR all defaults (White/Black/19") on 1/23 for Dallas metropolitan delivery

Original EDD (on 1/23): Jan to March 31st
Updated EDD (on 1/31): Feb 27 to March 31st

Two questions;
1) Anyone seeing any closer/tighter dates with the above Order date?
2) At what point do you apply for Car Loan?

Thank you in advance
Hi first timer, I’m in Dallas as well. I ordered on 1/18 morning. Original Edd was same as you. 1/24 updated to 2/18-3/18. No change since, even after I updated design to myp. No loan on my side though.

I figured I'd also post my details in this thread as well. My VIN (PA066*) was assigned today.

Order Date: 1/14/23; 9:00 PM PST
Build: MYLR / Blue / Black / 19
EDD #1: February 4 - March 4
EDD #2: February 14 - March 21 (updated on 1/24)
EDD #3: February 8 - February 22 (updated 1/30)
EDD #4: February 15 - February 24 (updated 2/4)

For those with a similar build, there's a waiting room here. Bummed that I won't get the matrix LED lights but definitely not a deal breaker.
Update. Finally got the option to schedule my at-home delivery. Only 2/17, 2/18, and 2/19 were available and I chose 2/19. I hope this information helps those in SoCal.

Order Date: 1/14/23; 9:00 PM PST
Build: MYLR / Blue / Black / 19
EDD #1: February 4 - March 4
EDD #2: February 14 - March 21 (updated on 1/24)
EDD #3: February 8 - February 22 (updated 1/30)
EDD #4: February 15 - February 24 (updated 2/4)
Scheduled Delivery: February 19 (updated 2/10)

Crossing my fingers that there are no major issues. Shall keep everyone posted.

To my knowledge, there is not a single EV sold in US that would meet the critical battery components requirement. As its written, this requirement makes no common sense. Either remove the requirement or delay its enforcement until a realistic date -- perhaps 1/1/2024 would be realistic.
I read somewhere that GM does, and by proxy the new Honda prologue built using the GM power train does as well.

Same here 🙌

I plan on doing the same prior to my official delivery date.

How did you find your car (like is car's VIN located in the car where you can see it)? Also, did you talk to any Tesla people there or just checked out the outside by yourself?
I just eyed the lot for a Model Y, MSM, with the Gemini wheels. I found mine after 3 or 4 tries. The VIN is clearly displayed through the lower right corner of the windshield. It also happened that on my car there was a huge QR sticker with the VIN that was stuck onto the windshield---maybe this is how it comes off of the truck, before being prepped for final delivery. You can see this sticker in my photo of the headlight in my prior post.

I purposely showed up an hour before the showroom opened, so that there was no one around. My rationale for doing this was that I wanted to have a bit of extra time between seeing the car for the first time and coming for delivery so that I could form a strategy if the car had any major issues. I think it would be really stressful to make a yes or no to accept delivery on the spot, so to say.

While the car was not perfect (see prior posts), I am satisfied that it is acceptable for delivery. I also received a few bits of advice from other forum members, which has also reduced the anxiety associated with the Tesla "purchase experience."

Last edited:
And the fact is that most general consumers will think from the perspective I'm talking about. And let it be known that these people who think that Tesla is at no fault are saying this to protect their glamorization of Tesla as a company. OH NO WHAT DO YOU MEAN TESLA IS DISRESPECTFUL? NONONONO THEY ARE NOT BEING DISRESPECTFUL, BECAUSE THAT WOULD MEAN THAT I'M SUPPORTING A COMPANY THAT'S DOING THIS.
I know this is personal to you. I would not be happy if I were you in the same boat. Others here know you are frustrated. I don't know what others wanted, I just wanted you to feel not bad.

You can certainly let it be known and you have done it. If you are not getting the support you sought for, maybe you can find a new place to continue.

Disrepectful is more relavent to a personal feeling. It is not to be used to describe Tesla as a company. If you can prove Tesla is unethical in treating its customers, you are better off suing them and will let it pay which will also let it be known.