Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats 🎉 I ordered both Mobile and Wall Connectors on 2/5 and delivered 2/8.

Anyone knows whether Fremont and Austin built have different number sequences? My VIN PA65xxx supposedly built 1/27 but I’v been seeing PA68xxx lately.
Thanks! Don't know much about VIN sequences.. but man, it's hard to see any pattern in Tesla world, I'm in VA getting Fremont build and saw some folks in CA getting Austin build..

Black MYP white seats, tow
Ok then maybe it's the blue.
The price drop and possible $7,500 credit definitely were factors in placing an order. The longer I wait though the more I’m questioning whether this was the right purchase decision for me at this time. I live about 40 minutes from a Tesla store, which is closer than some people, but definitely not a short drive if I have to go back to have any problems addressed. The quality control and delivery issues make me nervous as does the soft paint, lack of parking sensors, and basic interior materials. Over the years I’ve worked my way up to being able to afford vehicles with more features and luxurious interiors, and this feels like a step backwards. I may end up getting a Lexus hybrid instead and postponing the EV transition until there are more options available. The good news is that if I cancel, maybe someone else gets theirs a little earlier. 😁
I can understand your point. But we just ordered our second Tesla after looking at a bunch of other EVs. That’s because I love the driving experience in the Tesla so much that I am still excited to get in the car despite the lack of interior finesse that some other cars have. For me the Lexus is a very different driving experience that I’m not fond of although they are amazing cars. Just one thing to think about!

Reactions: geekfam
Since the cars don't come with mud flaps in NJ, anyone have good recommendations for the 2023 MY LR? Do we need all 4, just 2 for the front, or none at all? What happens to them when hitting speed bumps or going into a driveway?

Want to make sure install is easy, they do a good job, and don't cause any paint chipping or scratching if removed.

They are currently fulfilling orders from Jan 13-16 give or take. Some exceptions to that probably due to customers backing out or changing their order at the last minute and the car already in transport gets assigned to next available in that state and that can jump the line for some people.

Feb 4th order fulfillments are a long ways off. Someone posted they got an updated EDD with specific dates from an early Feb order that stretched into June. Unless you get lucky and a car in transit becomes available I'd buckle down for a good wait. Seems we may be looking at 3-4 month waits already.
Thank you for the insight, I placed the order when they raised the threshold to qualify for the $7500, I’m guessing that there were a lot of people on the fence that did the same, hence the long wait

Anyone know if I can remove a co-registrant after the fact? Tesla says both registrants must be present, but my co-registrant cannot be there on any of the pick ups days they offered. So now I want to remove them, pick up the car, then add them to the registration down the road at the DMV or AAA. Texted and called the 510 number, no response.

Early February MYP orders seem to have a "March" EDD. My MSM was ordered on Feb. 3rd, and has an EDD of March 4 - March 31st. Hoping to receive it in the early part of March but I ended up canceling my MYLR ordered on 02/01 which had a Mar-May EDD and was unlikely to have delivered in March. Ended up ordering the MYP after the latest IRS ruling on the 3rd.

The price drop and possible $7,500 credit definitely were factors in placing an order. The longer I wait though the more I’m questioning whether this was the right purchase decision for me at this time. I live about 40 minutes from a Tesla store, which is closer than some people, but definitely not a short drive if I have to go back to have any problems addressed. The quality control and delivery issues make me nervous as does the soft paint, lack of parking sensors, and basic interior materials. Over the years I’ve worked my way up to being able to afford vehicles with more features and luxurious interiors, and this feels like a step backwards. I may end up getting a Lexus hybrid instead and postponing the EV transition until there are more options available. The good news is that if I cancel, maybe someone else gets theirs a little earlier. 😁
"The good news is that if I cancel, maybe someone else gets theirs a little earlier." Those Lexus hybrids are great cars! ;-)

Thanks! Don't know much about VIN sequences.. but man, it's hard to see any pattern in Tesla world, I'm in VA getting Fremont build and saw some folks in CA getting Austin build..
Tesla is production-capacity limited at the moment, which means their top goal is to maximize output. That sometimes means that a car will have to be produced at a location further away from its ultimate delivery point. That said, Fremont likely have different number sequences as Austin, there is really no reason to keep the same sequence and throw away half the numbers.

Reactions: murmur11
I am in my way to Lexus in 15 min to test drive a 2022 rx350. Most likely still buy the Tesla. I’ve always been a Toyota Lexus person.

Since the cars don't come with mud flaps in NJ, anyone have good recommendations for the 2023 MY LR? Do we need all 4, just 2 for the front, or none at all? What happens to them when hitting speed bumps or going into a driveway?

Want to make sure install is easy, they do a good job, and don't cause any paint chipping or scratching if removed.
I am going OEM and getting fronts only. There is only black plastic bumper behind the rear wheel so no need for mud flaps there. I also don't like the design of aftermarket mudflaps because they mount against the paint and leave a gap, which means scratches. I am also going to DIY lower door ppf, what the sellers refer to as the rocker, but not really.

Reactions: rr_92
Hey Everyone thought I would provide an update… excited to get delivery before March 1, but past posts have made me nervous with the Austin build, fingers crossed!

MYLR White/Black/20”/5 Seat
OD: 1/21
EDD: 3/8-3/31
Updated EDD 2/3: 2/16-3/3
VIN assigned 2/10, EDD: 2/21-2/28

I’ve the same exact configs and location but OD 1/22. VIN assigned yesterday too. Also super excited 🎉

What’s your VIN #?

Just came across this useful link to verify local incentives for EV buyers via Ryan Shaw's channel - EV Incentives - Electric For All

Oregonians can now get up to $7500 in rebates for the purchase / lease of an EV. Lucky them!

Here in Arizona, we fully support EVs (sarcasm follows) ;)
We can legally drive in the HOV lane without any passengers. Yippee!​
APS is giving a $250 rebate towards installation of a level 2 wall charger, but not for Tesla wall chargers. Why?​
Greatly reduced annual auto registration, approximately 50% discount. Oh wait, that expired last year. Now I get to pay almost $1k per year to register my new MYLR. Any way, I can feel good that I supported in a small way the maintenance of our beautiful freeway system for our winter visitors and snow birds to enjoy.​
Joking aside, I am grateful for this window of opportunity to purchase the MY -- a vehicle that I thought this vehicle was out of reach two months ago.

Reactions: msinfo
Hello all, QQ, If you are using Tesla finance, did you applied when you received the VIN ? Or when you placed the order? I’ve seen some comments here that recommends waiting for at least the est delivery date to narrow in order to apply, but I don’t know if waiting will delay my order, thank you