Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
Reactions: msinfo
Reactions: Vomhorizon
Latest info:
1/13: Friend told me he bought a Y for $60K
just before the next price reduction
1/15 1100: Test drove his MY
1/15 1305: Order entered MYLR/Blk/Blk/19"
1/18: Order number received, EDD 2/15-3/22
--------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: 1/30/2023 AM
EDD changed to 2/14-3/14
No VIN yet
-------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: 2/6/2023 1343
Got text telling me I could do a trade
if I wanted to
-------------------------------------------------------
Update: 2/8/2023 1743
Just got the text telling me of the $80K
limit and that I can make changes in my
order.
Wonder if I should change my paint from black to white....
delivery. Fremont assembly. Standard motor. PF683XXX.
EDD changed to 2/25-3/4/23
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 2/13/2023
Build date was 2/10/2023
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reactions: UwishUnew1
I'm not sure if this has been covered earlier in this thread... does anyone know if the step of adding insurance will delay the scheduling of your delivery? I'm trying to figure out if I need to rush to add a policy. The beginning of my delivery window is still three days away.

I'm not sure if this has been covered earlier in this thread... does anyone know if the step of adding insurance will delay the scheduling of your delivery? I'm trying to figure out if I need to rush to add a policy. The beginning of my delivery window is still three days away.
I only updated my insurance and uploaded it after i scheduled delivery so I could use the exact delivery date as the effective date.I don’t think it delayed my delivery

Reactions: NJ08809
They need some proof of insurance before they let you drive away with the car. Some folks get the new car listed with the delivery date as the effective date of the insurance change, some folks add it early, or some folks like me just submit my current car’s insurance policy since (in my state) you are automatically covered for a period of time for the purchase of a new car (30 days in my case).

Reactions: topher2023
Is there any rebate for Tesla wall connector? NY state
Depends. Some utility providers have rebates. I have National Grid and they do not offer rebate. I think ConEd is the only utility provider offering rebates and right now they say they are modifying the program and you can join a waitlist:

Then there is the federal 30% rebate that everyone can qualify for. 30% back up to $1000 limit for installing charging at home.

Tesla also tracks these rebates but their information isn't always 100% complete: