Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just FYI - When I got my model 3 in 2018 I had NJM. My premium went up $1K per year when I got it. I left NJM and went back down the $1K for the same coverage so it may very well pay to look around again.
Thanks for sharing your insights. I have been with NJM for too many years. It's a good opportunity to shop around. I used to have my policies with Ameriprise through Costco. I had very good experience with them. I also had a few other providers, Liberty Mutual was probably the most expensive one.

How does that compare to other vehicles?

For me, the premium for a Model Y is twice as much as other vehicles in the same price range through State Farm. I get all available discounts, have no claims, and a clean record.
It would theoretically take an annual premium for the Kona EV and a BMW from about $1600/year to about $2000/year by knocking off the Kona and adding the Y.

I will believe it when I see it, but then my wife and I are over 65 so that counts, too.

Thanks for sharing your insights. I have been with NJM for too many years. It's a good opportunity to shop around. I used to have my policies with Ameriprise through Costco. I had very good experience with them. I also had a few other providers, Liberty Mutual was probably the most expensive one.
I have mine with American Fam through Costco. The quote I got before ordering my Tesla was the same as my Bolt which is about $350 for 6 months. The quote was to replace my Bolt and includes the full converage. This includes the same multi car discount under the same policy.

My six month premium with GEICO is about $3100. I have 4 cars now including the MYLR. Deductible on 3 is $1000 and the MYLR is $2000. One of the cars belongs to my daughter who’s a relatively new driver. I may wind up shopping around when all is said and done but I’ve been with GEICO for decades.

Reactions: bdhaduk
Same here. VIN received at 7:00am and then a text to schedule delivery came two hours later. I did not upload anything about insurance during that time.

Pickup is scheduled for this Thursday 2/16 (Seattle). Original order date was morning of 1/14.
My vin assignment and delivery text came about 4 days apart. I am on the east coast, so I assume it takes a few days for it to get to the depot on my end and then to the lot.

My six month premium with GEICO is about $3100. I have 4 cars now including the MYLR. Deductible on 3 is $1000 and the MYLR is $2000. One of the cars belongs to my daughter who’s a relatively new driver. I may wind up shopping around when all is said and done but I’ve been with GEICO for decades.
Try progressive.. they gave me the best quote compared to others

Reactions: dimitriz
What is the EA rate with the $4/month subscription fees? In Minnesota, EA charges $.31/KWH. Tesla charges $0.46/KWH peak and $0.23/KWH non-peak.

I know in some states, the rate is by the minutes and not KWH. In Wisconsin, EA charging rate is $0.24/Minute (1-350KW). It is is very attractive for Tesla's since Tesla can charge at over 250KW at the low state of charge (20%), That means you will get 4KWH per minute at 250KW for $0.24 ($.06/KWH equivalent).

It seems that in Minnesota with $/KWH, Tesla Superchargers is cheaper (at non-peak) than EA. Would you please share the info in your area? I can see that the EA adapter will provide the convenice and charging flexibility. I am not sure it is cheapter to charge Tesla's at EA on a regular basis though.
Thanks for the info, where to find the cost for Tesla charges in the respective state?

Worth looking into Allstate Insurance as well, I just switch over to them last year. They were able to offer me very competitive rates here in NJ. My total 6-month premium is about $1200 for 4 cars (~$350 for the new MY). Pretty standard coverage but with $1000 deductibles on both Comprehensive and Collision for all 4 vehicles.

The thing with car insurance companies, they never reward you for being loyal. They'll just keep raising the rates each year even if you've had no accidents whatsoever so I tend to shop around and switch every 2-4 years and it's worked out pretty well for me.

Good luck to all!

Thanks for the info, where to find the cost for Tesla charges in the respective state?
You might be able to find the telsa super charger rates at plugshare.com. Here is one in CT near you based on your TMC profile location. The price is $.43/kwh. I assume this is peak hour rate. Some SC has rate for non-peak hours. And others have the same rates 24/7.

Manchester Supercharger | PlugShare

The best way to check Tesla SC rates for a particular location is in a Tesla's navigation system. You can ask other Tesla owners for help or wait until you get yours.

If you are in Suffield, CT, you are closer to MA's fast charging network. Based on EA, MA uses $/min, not $/kwh. Your closest EA charging station is MA is at Chicopee, Massachusett.

Last edited:
Picked it up today. They had it parked right near the front door of the service center. I arrived 15 minutes early and inspected the exterior for paint, as well as, fit and trim issues. I thought there might have been a paint issue where the front left windshield meets the frunk, but the SA wiped it off. Must have been some residue from the protective covering. Driving was great! I am so glad I bought a Tesla. Keep the faith, it will be worth it in the end.

Attachments

• 698003431.jpg
    698003431.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 256
  • 698003423.jpg
    698003423.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 75