Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Newbie here. A lots of useful information and overwhelming at time. Right now, I'm just patiently waiting to get my first Tesla.
MYLR Blue/Black/Gemini no other options (Southern California)
OD: 1/23 (based on order agreement generated by Tesla but ordered on late 1/22)
EDD: Mar 13-31
Same exact build as me, i ordered mine 1/23 as well and my EDD is 3/10-3/31

first order was for white, changed it blue this passed weekend

Agreed. To clarify, I'm not trying to convince anyone that the tax credit definitely won't change in March, my only point is that many are assuming that it is guaranteed to change by March 31st and speaking of it as a matter of fact (including some journalists). At this point, it is more likely that the credit will be around past March, but nobody can say for sure. When the NPRM is released by the IRS, then we'll have a better idea of what to expect, and then the real consternation/panic/outrage/victimhood can begin 🙃.
I am with you!

Reactions: mvr1127 and 455dan
Late to the game but ordered
OD: 2/10
MYP White/Black/Tow
Completed all activities I can so far and patiently waiting. Still have the generic Feb-March timeframe, but fully expecting it to be the very end of that timeframe and probably some delays. Would love to get the tax credit but my fault for being slow to order.

Reactions: geekfam
I ordered my MY LR Quicksilver White seats gemini wheels. 2 days ago the EDD said February 22 - March 10. Yesterday it changed to Feb - Mar 2023.
Do you know why could that happen?
In N. America I've seen that happen right before VIN is assigned. The EDD goes to the default, new order EDD without specific dates and then usually within 24hrs or so people get their VIN. That is the optimistic view but I've seen it happen on here many, many times. Not sure if it is any different in Europe.

And you have the advantage of an amazing Supercharging Network!
This is why we chose Tesla over anything else 3 years ago, and now we have 3!

I’m all for EVs but the charging infrastructure needs to be better for non-Teslas, just my opinion. But great for Elon 😂
Totally agree! The Tesla super charging experience is definitely the key! That includes:
  1. The availability of the supercharging stations in major cities and along the highways (with many FREE destination chargers at a lower speed).
  2. Plug and play with no card/tap required
  3. Consistent charging speed from 150KW to 350KW (other charging stations with various speed (50KW to 350KW)
  4. Integration of the charging network with the car which let the battery pre-conditioned for best charging speed
  5. Plus Teslas can also easily access the other level 2 chargers with the included adapter.
I have a leased Bolt which will only charge at 50KW max. I rented a few Model 3s and learned how much the charging infrastruture can determine your driving experience.

Picked up my Tesla MYLR today at Paramus location in NJ.

Rules inspecting the car: As another poster mentioned, they now are pretty strict on letting you see the car at this location even if the Tesla workers there are kind and you ask very nicely. They let you examine the exterior but you need to accept delivery in the app for it to unlock so you can examine the interior. This is different than a month ago where I was able to examine the interior/exterior of my friend's car prior to paying and accepting delivery.

Actually inspecting the car: Thankfully and luckily, the panels/gaps looked great - nothing to complain about. The car was a little dirty so I definitely need to wash it or get it washed to remove smudges, dust, etc off of it. Fremont build so has Matrix lights and doors feel/close a lot better than the Austin builds. Didn't notice any scratches so hopefully there are none but I will probably take a further look tomorrow since I'm pretty exhausted today.

Minor Issue (which is bugging me a little bit):
The one thing that was inconvenient is that there is some plastic wrap coming out of the glass ceiling (maybe 2 places). Anyone know how I can fix this myself without causing damage or do I have to take it in for a service appointment?

The Tesla location was so crowded and busy so I didn't end up asking them there as I didn't want it to take many more hours. It's not a huge deal but aesthetically annoys me. Looking back at it, I should've just asked them there what they could do.

Question for those who applied to Tower FCU - when they ask for extra documents, how long after was it until you were approved for the membership? I already have the loan pre-approval, so I am just waiting on the membership.
Took ours 2.5 wks, 2 of us and had different document requirements. They're slammed and you can tell some of the staff are getting irritable and exhausted. The loan approval took 3 days

Reactions: nerdybirdy12
VIN was assigned an hour ago. Got another text to schedule delivery 5 minutes ago.
Picked up the car today in Houston at the hempstead location. After going through all the stories on here about other people's issues, I was very nervous. But the car turned out great, thankfully. I couldnt inspect the inside until i accepted delivery and unlocked it via the app. It was around 1pm and was basically the only one there so that was nice. I was originally going to put color PPF on the car but the white paint looks beautiful in person so I'm second guessing it.

OD was 1/18 so it took a little under a month.

Agreed. To clarify, I'm not trying to convince anyone that the tax credit definitely won't change in March, my only point is that many are assuming that it is guaranteed to change by March 31st and speaking of it as a matter of fact (including some journalists). At this point, it is more likely that the credit will be around past March, but nobody can say for sure. When the NPRM is released by the IRS, then we'll have a better idea of what to expect, and then the real consternation/panic/outrage/victimhood can begin 🙃.
So nobody can say for
A few reminders for chronic topics of misconception in this thread:

1) Nobody knows when the IRS guidance on the tax credit will become public, exactly how they will structure the changes, or when the changes will go into effect. The guidance was estimated to be released in March, that does not mean that it will go into effect in March. There will possibly be a comment period before anything goes into effect to avoid chaos and economic disruption.

2) Seeing 5 or 6 people who have some feature in common get a similar change in EDD is basically meaningless. You don't have enough information to speculate that white interiors are now getting priority, that tow hitches have a supply chain disruption, or that any other random pattern you think you're noticing has meaning.

3) Changing your order because of something you saw here about points 1 or 2 is short-sighted.

4) All of the panicked order changes and inquiries to Tesla employees could be slowing things down for everyone. If we all just settle down, we will all get our orders faster and be happier about the whole process.
Who knows the truth is Elon
The IRS has not set any date for the tax credit change. The only date so far is the estimated release of the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) which is required to be submitted for public comment before final rules are drafted and put into effect. It's possible, but increasingly unlikely, that all of that could happen before March 31st.
I think IRS may move the date after Musk's visit earlier but that will be not good for other local companies and for money politicians can sell their souls So I think it may have low chances to move the date.
I am thinking Elon may want to push date out for whoever booked with 250$ and try to sell same car with higher price at tesla.com under local inventory till March 31. That is also possible.

i have the similar question, can you switch from your order to existing inventory and not have to repay the $250 order fee again?
From my personal experience, I'd say it depends on where the existing inventory is in the production process. When I tried to change from my custom MYP to an "existing" MYSR last week, the SA said she needed a manager's authorization because the MYSR was in pre-production. I ended up placing a second order for the MYSR so I wouldn't miss out, but the SA says I should be able to get the first (since cancelled) order fee applied to the second order. As for the original question, I believe that if you transfer ("re-match" in Tesla-speak) from a custom order to an in-inventory model, you pay the price of the in-inventory model at the time you make the switch, not what it would have been on the day you placed the original custom order.

Reactions: hp1234 and stlgrym3
Boston area

MYLR MSM Gemini tow package

OD 1/16
1/17 EDD Jan to march
1/24? EDD 2 - feb 28- 3/31
2/5 EdD 3 - feb 13-27
2/14 EDD 4 - Feb 28-mar 13

My window is two weeks but looks like it got pushed out. At this point, if I lose the full credit I’ll just cancel the order. Funny thing is on 2/5 I ordered my floor mats and they came in already.