Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I now agree with the earlier statements about how Tesla is disrespectful to its customers. They pushed almost all our EDDs back by many days and are now rolling out inventory for MY Performance with tow hitch and everything costly. They can make easy $4k on such cars when compared to regular MYLR with little to no extras. Elon Musk keeps annoying people one way or the other 🙄
The estimated delivery months on the website were definitely misleading but if you know about Tesla and have followed them for a while, you should already be aware that they are known for delays and long wait times. One of my relatives got a Tesla MY last year and had to wait 3-5 months from order date to finally get his car delivered.

Based on your prior post, you ordered on 1/18 which is 5 days after the massive price drops so there's a huge queue of people that are infront of you (esp for MYLR). Some people who ordered 1/13 - 1/15 are just getting their deliveries now (including me cause I just picked up today) so it's extremely unlikely people ordering days/weeks after that will get their cars in the next month or so.

Unfortunately you just have to wait and see what happens unless you decide to cancel your order.

The estimated delivery months on the website were definitely misleading but if you know about Tesla and have followed them for a while, you should already be aware that they are known for delays and long wait times. One of my relatives got a Tesla MY last year and had to wait 3-5 months from order date to finally get his car delivered.

Based on your prior post, you ordered on 1/18 which is 5 days after the massive price drops so there's a huge queue of people that are infront of you (esp for MYLR). Some people who ordered 1/13 - 1/15 are just getting their deliveries now (including me cause I just picked up today) so it's extremely unlikely people ordering days/weeks after that will get their cars in the next month or so.

Unfortunately you just have to wait and see what happens unless you decide to cancel your order.
I ordered a MSLR in December of 2020, and didn’t get it until March of 2022. And even then it was only because I accepted a car that the original order holder couldn’t get financed.
I also ordered a MYLR in October of 2021 that didn’t get delivered until June of 2022.
My current MYP order placed 1/13 has had four EDD ranges so far, with the current range being 2/15-3/1. Do you think I have any confidence this one will arrive soon? 😂

I ordered a MSLR in December of 2020, and didn’t get it until March of 2022. And even then it was only because I accepted a car that the original order holder couldn’t get financed.
I also ordered a MYLR in October of 2021 that didn’t get delivered until June of 2022.
My current MYP order placed 1/13 has had four EDD ranges so far, with the current range being 2/15-3/1. Do you think I have any confidence this one will arrive soon? 😂
OMG

Everyone wants to get in on a deal that is seemingly to good to pass up. But then become indignant when they realize that there are literally tens of thousands others wanting the same thing.

Last edited:
Jesus. Thats crazy especially when comparing it to the people who did custom order in January and got matched with cars in existing inventory so they were able to pick up their cars in 1-2 weeks. That was probably the fastest Tesla delivery experience ever.

I now agree with the earlier statements about how Tesla is disrespectful to its customers. They pushed almost all our EDDs back by many days and are now rolling out inventory for MY Performance with tow hitch and everything costly. They can make easy $4k on such cars when compared to regular MYLR with little to no extras. Elon Musk keeps annoying people one way or the other 🙄
do you have proof of your statements? Or are you just venting because your EDD changed? Just curious how you were 'disrespected' like 'the others'

if they pushed "almost all" does that mean they only disrespected certain people? They pushed the EDD "many days"? To what level of "days" is not disrespectful?? Just curious for future reference.

My EDD got moved from March 14-31 to April 13-May 23. Am I feeling disrespected that my order is delayed ? Umm no, if I got prioritized it would delay someone else. You can't please everyone, and that includes the entitled silver spooners that complain about not getting their teslas RIGHT NOW... If you want a Tesla, there are plenty out there with a price tag that will match your desire for "respect"

Also, they just dumped a TON of MYAWD into inventory which are much cheaper than MYLR and MYP, so your logic is questionable

Reactions: WyoDude
do you have proof of your statements? Or are you just venting because your EDD changed? Just curious how you were 'disrespected' like 'the others'

if they pushed "almost all" does that mean they only disrespected certain people? They pushed the EDD "many days"? To what level of "days" is not disrespectful?? Just curious for future reference.

My EDD got moved from March 14-31 to April 13-May 23. Am I feeling disrespected that my order is delayed ? Umm no, if I got prioritized it would delay someone else. You can't please everyone, and that includes the entitled silver spooners that complain about not getting their teslas RIGHT NOW... If you want a Tesla, there are plenty out there with a price tag that will match your desire for "respect"

Also, they just dumped a TON of MYAWD into inventory which are much cheaper than MYLR and MYP, so your logic is questionable
I checked inventory for the region I am in. I don't care about all of US as I am not eligible to take delivery elsewhere.

You can determine the number of days to be considered as 'disrespectful', on your own. I don't give a damn 😂😂

I am a customer who is paying so I guess I am allowed to note things that are wrong and speak up. I am still paying them because I trust them. I could've just canceled my order if I was so annoyed by the move.

And the dump you are talking about is again, not in my region, so I can't see and don't want to see. They are anyway lesser range versions. I can buy a M3 for much cheaper rate in that case.

As for proof, kindly search My inventory for Chicago region. There were 2 earlier. They now have just 1 left. Both MYP with price of $59K before destination fee.

And who are you to call me an entitled silver spooner? Just because you accept mediocrity doesn't make others entitled 🤦🏻‍♂️

Reactions: Mayo
Its frustrating waiting for our cars, but look at it this way… at least you’re not dealing with these guys...

129 Cars - This American Life

In this podcast, “We spend a month at a Jeep dealership on Long Island as they try to make their monthly sales goal: 129 cars. If they make it, they'll get a huge bonus from the manufacturer, possibly as high as $85,000 — enough to put them in the black for the month. If they don't make it, it'll be the second month in a row. So they pull out all the stops.”

If you don’t already know, after you listen to it, you’ll know what “ABC” means and who is “loading the lips.”

Reactions: WyoDude
Today was my delivery day and it was good and bad.

The bad: Fit and finish were ok except 3 items on the car. 1) 3 black spots size of coarse pepper (white car) on the rear passenger door under the clearcoat. 2) huge black glue spot on the panoramic roof protruding on the fabric on the front passenger corner. There is also a line on the glass in the same area that I hope is just glue residue and not a crack. 3) Fabric in the passenger door storage was coming out from the seams.

The good: Colma, Ca. dealership let us examine the car inside and out before payment and were really nice about it. When I told them this issues the manager came out and looked at them and said that he would take it back to service and look at it. 15 minutes later he verified all our concerns and was willing to fix the issues including painting the door. He asked if we accepted and we said not yet. He said normally we would want people to accept the car for minor issues, but as he was driving it in the passenger safety restraint warning came on and he recommended not accepting the car at that point. He said give us till the weekend to take care of the issues. He also offered us a ride home, but we came in our car.

So all the anticipation and we have to wait still. The cars fit and finish is ok at best. My 2015 base Subaru Forester as basic as it is has slightly better fit and finish. They need better QC when they inspect the car when it is done. With that said I am very glad that the manager found the safety issue before we accepted and it's nice to know that he put safety first above the sale.

The worst part was my wife was the most bummed out that we did not get the car today.

MYLR white (Base)
OD: 1/15
DD1: 2/14
Final delivery: Hopefully this weekend or before March
Fremont build, Matrix, Cargo cover, no MF, no PPF
Updated delivery date 2/18. Hope they fix the issues. Took a picture of the car there must have been 50-75 new Teslas on the lot. Of course all spoken for.

Attachments

• PXL_20230215_001011763.jpg
    PXL_20230215_001011763.jpg
    615.1 KB · Views: 104
I now agree with the earlier statements about how Tesla is disrespectful to its customers.
Then you should have tried buying a car 50 years ago. In most cases the orders were custom unless there was something on the lot you wanted. You waited until it came in with no info available. Six weeks if you were lucky.

And you were lucky if it was perfect. My first one died as I pulled off the dealer's lot. Timing was set to 10 degrees ATDC instead of BTDC. Then there were the leaks in the driver's window and the trunk (seal was unglued in many areas). It at least had an engine that would not destroy the valves when the timing belt snapped. It seemed to work best after it had been in an accident and repaired by a competent body shop.

Next one (Car of the year) was a bit better. Only a noisy throwout bearing they never seemed to be able to fix. Car of the year turned out to be the biggest POS. Many other problems came later.

At least I didn't have my friend's problem: a disgusting smell caused by a half eaten liverwurst sandwich that had been stuffed under the headliner before it was closed up.

I agree - however this is an expensive purchase for most people and there should be a better effort in managing customer expectations.

Many years ago I bought a then just released Porsche Boxster. There was a huge demand and long waiting times. When I put my order in I got regular updates as to where my car was in the process of being made. While there was still a long wait it made things a bit more bearable. Not saying Tesla should do this exact thing but keeping customers properly updated especially when there are fairly significant changes would go a ways to making a better experience.

I do not feel disrespected either and like you say have been following Tesla for a while and placed my order with full understanding about the "dark side" of this process. I just don't have to like it.. ;)

Last edited:

I ordered on 1/14 and still waiting for a VIN.

My OD -1/14, still waiting for VIN assignment, sold my car thinking I will get Tesla in reasonable time. EDD - 2/20 to 3/30.I am okay as long as I get by 3/30.

Reactions: erktrek
My OD -1/14, still waiting for VIN assignment, sold my car thinking I will get Tesla in reasonable time. EDD - 2/20 to 3/30.I am okay as long as I get by 3/30.
😬 - that's playing it a little fast and loose but it does look like others with your order date have gotten theirs in a decent amount of time. Sooo envious, wish we had pulled the trigger earlier.. OD: 1/28, (revised) EDD: 4/19 - 5/31.

Last edited: