Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's amazing that Tesla, a relative upstart in auto manufacturing, yields so much political influence on this administration. I wouldn't be surprised if the IRS issues a favorable ruling regarding EV battery requirements partly due to concessions given by Tesla/Elon.
Let's be honest. This is about the money the Federal Government will give Tesla to install these chargers. So Elon get's more Tesla chargers built with government money and the government gets a charging infrastructure. Not sure I would make it out to be concessions.

It's amazing that Tesla, a relative upstart in auto manufacturing, yields so much political influence on this administration. I wouldn't be surprised if the IRS issues a favorable ruling regarding EV battery requirements partly due to concessions given by Tesla/Elon.
Things don't always go Tesla's way. Just a few years ago, Musk told Texas, "Let me sell cars directly to consumers in your state and I'll build a Gigafactory there". Texas said, "no". Tesla built a Gigafactory there, anyway. :)

Let's be honest. This is about the money the Federal Government will give Tesla to install these chargers. So Elon get's more Tesla chargers built with government money and the government gets a charging infrastructure. Not sure I would make it out to be concessions.
Perhaps concessions was the wrong word to use. But your'e accusing me of being dishonest! I was trying to point out that opening up super chargers to other non-Teslas would perhaps benefit new Tesla owners. So the entire EV community benefits.

Thanks for putting me in my place.

Things don't always go Tesla's way. Just a few years ago, Musk told Texas, "Let me sell cars directly to consumers in your state and I'll build a Gigafactory there". Texas said, "no". Tesla built a Gigafactory there, anyway. :)
I was surprised to learn that Tesla is not allowed to sell direct in some states. Did the factory sway the Texas legislature or were there other factors in play?

Perhaps concessions was the wrong word to use. But your'e accusing me of being dishonest! I was trying to point out that opening up super chargers to other non-Teslas would perhaps benefit new Tesla owners. So the entire EV community benefits.

Thanks for putting me in my place.
I was not accusing you of anything. I agree it benefits the entire EV community, the government, and Tesla. It is just that Tesla would not do anything that wasn't going to benefit them. :)

Yes and having TESLA do most of this will cost less and get more factories in and chargers Installed.

Much faster than if any of the large contracts go to VW /Electrify America.

Some estimates are more than 5 to1 on how many chargers will actually be installed at less cost and significant UP time of the Tesla chargers as well.
Plus Tesla has already solved the connector for other EVs choice standard as well with the newest iteration.

Last edited:
There was a time many years ago, when orange peel seemed to be a standard paint finish........................................

I swear, too much information makes some folks (NOT YOU!) look for goblins and find them when we wouldn't have noticed in the past.
Perhaps a fitting post-script, the “scratch” on my car turned out to be a bit of gunk that was left behind. A good rub took it off. So, in the end, paint and gaps were nearly perfect.

Looks like people who got pushed out are the ones who did not confirm their payment method: ie either choose cash or if financing, provide those details? I can see some people with same configuration with +- 1 day having either assigned a VIN or dates not getting pushed out. I am not certain if this is the right inference though. The only difference I see is the location.

New member here, but I've been actively following - Looks like people who got pushed out are the ones who did not confirm their payment method: i.e. either they chose cash or if financing, provided those details. Not sure if my inference is correct, because I can see some people with same configuration with +- 1 day having either been assigned a VIN or have not had their dates pushed out yesterday. The only difference I see is the location.

Looks like people who got pushed out are the ones who did not confirm their payment method: ie either choose cash or if financing, provide those details? I can see some people with same configuration with +- 1 day having either assigned a VIN or dates not getting pushed out. I am not certain if this is the right inference though. The only difference I see is the location.
Mmm that's interesting, We are buying outright and ordered at the Tesla Showroom - SA took the order. My wife and I both added our licenses via the app at time of ordering... so all of that was done. My wife did have some minor missing info on her app she had to fill out but surely that couldn't be it? Wow that would suck if so.

Yes, the government would be better off "investing" in tesla as the charging network is far superior. It's basically, "we are giving away money to build charging. you can have some if everyone can use the chargers". I would bet Tesla could make a bunch of money just rolling out Tesla brand CSS chargers, which anyone could use. I still think we are screwed if they open up Tesla to everyone as if everyone could just buy a super charger adapter, they would come the super chargers instead of existing CSS unless they know where reliable chargers exist.

Reactions: Diamond_Dogs23
If you have a wifi enabled garage door opener from LiftMaster/ Chamberlain etc, you can connect your Tesla to your MyQ account and open / close that way. If your garage door opener isn't MyQ compatible, you can buy a unit for about $30 on Amazon.

Smart Garage Connectivity - Teslahttps://www.tesla.com › ownersmanual › model3 › en_us
Mine is not. Thank you (all) that responded and provided the information. On my way to Amazon!

New member here, but I've been actively following - Looks like people who got pushed out are the ones who did not confirm their payment method: i.e. either they chose cash or if financing, provided those details. Not sure if my inference is correct, because I can see some people with same configuration with +- 1 day having either been assigned a VIN or have not had their dates pushed out yesterday. The only difference I see is the location.
I don’t think it can be that, I added my info in and that I was paying cash day after order (1/24). Date still got pushed out. I think location is a huge factor. I’ve seen lots of folks ordering from here (Atlanta).

Reactions: erktrek
Well I hope that is wrong my ap says "complete."

We will notify you when it is time to continue with your pre delivery tasks...

I Certainly would have provided more banking info if they had SPECIFICALLY asked for it.

Grrr

Reactions: erktrek
I don’t think it can be that, I added my info in and that I was paying cash day after order (1/24). Date still got pushed out. I think location is a huge factor. I’ve seen lots of folks ordering from here (Atlanta).
just my own conspiracy theory: i think people that ordered on the east coast gets priority since it takes longer to ship and Elon needs to meet his numbers before the quarter ends? idk

Reactions: bigfish11
just my own conspiracy theory: i think people that ordered on the east coast gets priority since it takes longer to ship and Elon needs to meet his numbers before the quarter ends? idk
Well that is certainly not true - OD 1/28 & just got bumped from a 2 week window at the end of March to April 19 - May 31 (arghh!).. Near Philadelphia. I blame the Eagles loss. 🦅 ;) 🍗

• Funny
Reactions: eRoamin and fredzos