Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New member here, but I've been actively following - Looks like people who got pushed out are the ones who did not confirm their payment method: i.e. either they chose cash or if financing, provided those details. Not sure if my inference is correct, because I can see some people with same configuration with +- 1 day having either been assigned a VIN or have not had their dates pushed out yesterday. The only difference I see is the location.
Not the case here.... everything done early 1/18 am.... included financing approval. Pushed back to end of march....

Reactions: erktrek
Yep, let's just ignore all the people who report picking up their new Teslas and noting that the lots are full of cars waiting to be picked up. They are all Elon's shills pretending to deliver fake cars. ;)
The guys you are referring to have booked their car on first two weeks of Jan 2023 but some people who booked after 3rd week of Jan 2023 are pushed out for April now. I already checked with my friend who has booked on 01/23 is not for April 10 - May 22 2023. There is no local inventory for local for model Y.

Reactions: erktrek
The guys you are referring to have booked their car on first two weeks of Jan 2023 but some people who booked after 3rd week of Jan 2023 are pushed out for April now. I already checked with my friend who has booked on 01/23 is not for April 10 - May 22 2023. There is no local inventory for local for model Y.
I recall reading a comment that someone posted on this forum that he was told by a SA that any orders place from that date forward would not be fulfilled until after Q1. I think it was posted sometime around 1/23. Unfortunately, it appears that it may be an accurate statement.

By the way, there was a tremendous spike in orders from 1/12 to 1/18. For this mad rush, an order date of 1/23 is 'late to the game'.

It has been a common sentiment here that when your EDD is narrowed down to a small window, a VIN assignment will be arriving shortly. During yesterday's EDD adjustments, many folks (like me) had EDD's adjusted from something like 3/11-3/31 to 3/26-3/31. That's a pretty small window (5 days), but I don't feel like a VIN assignment is in my near future. How can Tesla know right now that they'll be delivering a vehicle to me during a five day period at the end of next month?

There is speculation that with the hardware 4 leaks today (new bumper cameras and radar), that Tesla could potentially announce on March 1 (investor day) that all cars built/delivered in March will have HW4. Could be a reason for the delays.

If that was true then with my luck, the MY I ordered on 1/20 will be built on 2/28. ;)

For what's its worth, Elon has said in the past that cybertruck would be the first to receive HW4

Correct - during the earnings call last month, he said HW4 would first be used on the Cybertruck which was expected to start "sometime this Summer".

how many of you will cancel your model Y order and eat that $250 if your car's not delivered by March 31st and know for sure won't be getting the full 7500 credit past March 31st.

The full tax credit is guaranteed UNTIL March, not THROUGH March - in other words, it's only guaranteed until February 28, not March 31.

Regardless, if I can get the FULL tax credit AND the vehicle is in acceptable condition, I'll take it.

If I can only get HALF the tax credit, I'll have to think about it.

If I get NONE of the tax credit, Tesla will be $250 richer and I'll be $250 poorer and I'll keep driving my gasser. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: slyderz3 and hp1234
It has been a common sentiment here that when your EDD is narrowed down to a small window, a VIN assignment will be arriving shortly. During yesterday's EDD adjustments, many folks (like me) had EDD's adjusted from something like 3/11-3/31 to 3/26-3/31. That's a pretty small window (5 days), but I don't feel like a VIN assignment is in my near future. How can Tesla know right now that they'll be delivering a vehicle to me during a five day period at the end of next month?
Yeah - hope it works out. I had a 2 week window at the end of March and yesterday it got punted into mid April - End of May... :confused:

Hardware 4 will not be coming to MY's this year afaik but maybe we can get some other updates like sensor placement adjustments etc.

It shows $350 on their site. How do you get it for $200?
you could try this thread

Reactions: Diamond_Dogs23