Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has any MYP order from early February converted to VIN yet? Mine has been stuck on the Mar 4 - Mar 31 for about a week.
OD for MYP was 2/3. Here's my EDD journey:
OD: 1/15 MYLR White/Black/20”
EDD: Jan-March
EDD2 on 1/23 -> 1/29-2/26
EDD3 on 1/30 -> 2/9-3/9

2/3 updated to MYP White/Black
EDD4 on 2/5 -> 2/5-2/18
Then day-by-day changes
EDD5 -> 2/6-2/18
EDD6 -> 2/7-2/18
EDD7 -> 2/8-2/18
EDD8 -> 2/9-2/18
EDD9 on 2/9 -> 2/18-3/18

No VIN

I am in a similar situation, but not holding my breath either because it's been more than a day for me (and it sounds like even a lot longer for you) and in majority of the cases that I have read on this forum before, VIN assignment happened in a matter of hours (and not days) after EDD was reset back to default/vague one.

Who knows though, a major delivery delay at this point might not be a bad thing if HW4 is coming soon (although highly unlikely within the next month or two, despite what others are saying about upcoming Mar 1 announcement), and/or if all Model Ys still qualify for full tax credit even after March (this one I think is a good possibility because of how battery sourcing manufacturing rules in IRA apply).

Besides, Model Y now qualifies for CA rebate again~! So, you and I will get $2000 CA rebate on top of fed tax rebate. Just trying to stay positive here.... :)
Did you get an updated EDD? Mine just became more specific today, from Mar-May 2023 to 2/19-3/5 now.

MYLR
MSM w/ 5 seat black interior
Indiana

01/21 OD (actually placed on 01/20 but this is the date on the website)
01/25 EDD = 3/4 - 3/31
02/01 Mobile Charger Shipped
02/02 Welcome E-mail from Tesla
02/07 Mobile Charger Delivered

My EDD hasn’t changed since 01/25. Haven’t received a single text message.

MYLR
Indiana

01/25 EDD = 3/4 - 3/31

That sucks - but at least you are still in the March delivery game. I went a little crazy after our order and now have a basement full of Tesla accoutrements that will be languishing for the next 2 months apparently. OD: 01/28

Last edited:
MYLR
Indiana

01/25 EDD = 3/4 - 3/31

Mine is MSM 5seat white interior OD 16 Jan
EDD 17 Feb-17 Mar (hasn’t changed since 01/25
Indiana

23MY-P Midnight Silver Metallic
OD: 2/13
EDD: 3/28-31
VIN assignment: TBD

Wall Charger arrives 2/20. Scheduled install for 2/23. Quoted $600 for install. Only had a 12’ run from main panel. 60A

Rented a 22MY-P a few weeks ago and had to have one. Other vehicle is a 18’ F150 Lariat, and I feel right at home in the MY.

Have not told my wife yet. She knows it’s going to happen though. Not a complete idiot.

Attachments

• B2E3E4C1-6905-45E2-A9EB-30698F07B328.jpeg
    B2E3E4C1-6905-45E2-A9EB-30698F07B328.jpeg
    148.2 KB · Views: 91
The person I spoke to is a manager in their regional office. I have read where others have been succesful in having their original price honored when they pick from a car that is available in inventory. They are lucky! The Chat person also said that I would have to pay the higher price, which prompted my call to the regional manager. Grrrrrrrrrr. I am happy for the others though. Thank you for the reply.
I texted my SA asking for grandfathered pricing and they replied they would look into this for me! It would net a nice $1500 discount, so here's to hoping it does!

Also "inventory in stock" apparently just means vehicles in the way to the dealership. My VIN got assigned on the 15th, with an EDD of 3/4 - 3/11. The SA said it left CA on the 16th, and is in transit. It appears all the vehicles on the truck are coming to my local dealership. I'm curious if my vehicle was an open space on the trucks trailer, so they shipped it knowing it would sell , vs leaving space open on the truck. 🤔

Reactions: hp1234
Does everyone get this text?

Welp, was all excited to finally pick up my car on Sunday morning… saw the call come in thinking it was to finalize details but instead it was “During our QC check we found that the lift gate was damaged during shipping and so we won’t be able to release the car to you.” 😩😩😫😫😖😖
So now here I am waiting on another VIN. I feel like I’m starting all over again!
Have to say I am thoroughly impressed with this Tesla service center in Mount Kisco NY. They called me last night and told me they were able to locate me a new VIN and my delivery date and time would not be affected. I would be receiving my VIN assignment in the morning. Sure as french fries at the bottom of the McDonalds bag, there it was this morning. My excitement is back! I'll update again after delivery.

MYLR Blue/Black/19/
OD: 02/03
EDD1: FEB-MAR
EDD2: MAY-JUN

Found a match in Ohio and reserved it for $250, having it shipped for pickup. I was worried but the easiest part was getting a SA to add the new car (with VIN) to my old RN number to get original pricing. In place of the normal "transport fee" they are using my "extra" $250 I used to reserve the ohio car.
Was this done by responding to the 510/508 order confirmation text? I am in the same situation with two orders - 1 with VIN assigned + delivery scheduled and a second old order with no updates. It sure would be nice to transfer VIN to the old RN number.

Have to say I am thoroughly impressed with this Tesla service center in Mount Kisco NY. They called me last night and told me they were able to locate me a new VIN and my delivery date and time would not be affected. I would be receiving my VIN assignment in the morning. Sure as french fries at the bottom of the McDonalds bag, there it was this morning. My excitement is back! I'll update again after delivery.
OK, will you be able to get a new proof of insurance for the new VIN in time, or will they cut you slack for that?

I am not making assumption, based all information I have,the MY will qualify for all battery requirement following IRS Dec white paper. M3 SR will not due to battery made in China.
Haha, this person doesn’t know what an assumption is.

Based on all the information you have, you are assuming it will qualify but will not know until the battery guidance is released. Just like what was said by Tesla on the earnings call.