Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A bit off the topic, but has anyone who recently picked up their MY tested the USB-C ports in the front center console, and if so, do they pass data (as in the manual) or are they charging only. Will I have to buy one of the data adapters?

(or I can just wait until I pick up the car on Friday............................................)
The current manual online should have a note saying that the console USB-C only charge. And that only the glove box USB-C does data.

These are stopping modes. the Hold stopping mode applies regen breaking with the most force as soon as your foot relieves pressure from the accelerator. Also Hold continues to apply regen breaking at slower speeds than Roll and Creep, thus providing more regen from this as well. We are not referring to when the vehicle is completely stopped.
"Hold" is not a regen mode. The regen modes are Standard and Chill. Standard is max regenerative braking and Chill is approximately 50%. This is what the owner's manual has to say about stopping modes:

Stopping Mode​

Regenerative braking decelerates Model Y whenever you release the accelerator pedal when driving. You can choose what you want Model Y to do once the driving speed has been reduced to a very low speed (almost at a stop) and both the accelerator pedal and brake pedal are released. While in Park, touch Controls > Pedals & Steering > Stopping Mode and choose from these options:

It then goes on to explain the differences between Creep, Hold and Roll. While Hold might regenerate a couple of watts bringing the car to a complete stop, I doubt you could even measure the difference between the three STOPPING modes.

42CB0322-3493-4355-9DE6-5BCB7F6E66D8.jpeg
Does the film actually “tint” the area where it is applied? Or is this just showing where it covers and is actually invisible?

Reactions: slyderz3
I had a nightmare because of this forum.

My car is being home delivered this Saturday, but in my dream I was already driving it and the car was horrendous. The steering wheel was shaped like a pretzel, the windshield was all bubbly and I couldn’t see through it, and the handling was really weird. 😆

SO I do have this question. My last Tesla I picked up at a service center. How should I prep for home delivery? Is it the same idea? Do I get to inspect the car before accepting?

"Hold" is not a regen mode. The regen modes are Standard and Chill. Standard is max regenerative braking and Chill is approximately 50%. This is what the owner's manual has to say about stopping modes:

Stopping Mode​

Regenerative braking decelerates Model Y whenever you release the accelerator pedal when driving. You can choose what you want Model Y to do once the driving speed has been reduced to a very low speed (almost at a stop) and both the accelerator pedal and brake pedal are released. While in Park, touch Controls > Pedals & Steering > Stopping Mode and choose from these options:

It then goes on to explain the differences between Creep, Hold and Roll. While Hold might regenerate a couple of watts bringing the car to a complete stop, I doubt you could even measure the difference between the three STOPPING modes.

Chill and Standard are acceleration modes and not related to regen breaking.

Reactions: topher2023
View attachment 910059Does the film actually “tint” the area where it is applied? Or is this just showing where it covers and is actually invisible?
Not the best photo since the car was dirty but this was the vehicle we test drove prior to ordering. Same color as your screenshot.

Attachments

• 6FD8FBD9-0C16-45F4-A128-05C47BE343D5.jpeg
    6FD8FBD9-0C16-45F4-A128-05C47BE343D5.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 72
Reactions: Yomanjm
Are you sure about Standard vs Chill? I've never felt any difference in regen between them. Chill limits acceleration at any given pedal travel.

Creep, Hold and Roll I haven't actually tested yet. I've just left it on Hold all the time as I think this is one of the coolest things about Tesla (and many other EVs). But I'm sure Creep and Roll will use less regen. I need to experiment with this.

Are you sure about Standard vs Chill? I've never felt any difference in regen between them. Chill limits acceleration at any given pedal travel.

Creep, Hold and Roll I haven't actually tested yet. I've just left it on Hold all the time as I think this is one of the coolest things about Tesla (and many other EVs). But I'm sure Creep and Roll will use less regen. I need to experiment with this.
Standard and Chill are acceleration modes, unrelated to regen braking.

Reactions: arbitrage000
Chill and Standard are acceleration modes and not related to regen breaking.
They are also the names given to the two different regen modes. Stopping mode also has nothing to do with the regen mode you get while decelerating to nearly a stop. This video is a tutorial on regen and stopping modes. It's a couple of years old, and the terminology has changed (standard and low vs. standard and chill), bit it's still valid. If you care to disagree, tell me which is more efficient: Standard regen with creep stopping mode or chill regen with hold stopping mode?

They are also the names given to the two different regen modes. Stopping mode also has nothing to do with the regen mode you get while decelerating to nearly a stop. This video is a tutorial on regen and stopping modes. It's a couple of years old, and the terminology has changed (standard and low vs. standard and chill), bit it's still valid. If you care to disagree, tell me which is more efficient: Standard regen with creep stopping mode or chill regen with hold stopping mode?
But they've removed the regen adjustment unless you use the SEXY buttons. There is no regen setting anymore in up to date M3/MY (I have no idea about S/X).

OD 1/19 early morning. Changed from silver to Blue and to 20" around 2/18. EDD today moved from 3/15 - 3/31 to 3/11 to 3/31. Some movement is good movement for me 🤞🏼
Same here...
MYLR Blk/Blk/19”/tow

OD 1/19/2023 Jan -March
EDD 1/25/2023 Feb 24 - March 31
EDD 2/4/2023 Feb 21 - March 21
Update 2/13/2023 Got "Trade-In" text
Update 2/14/2023 Mar 9 - March 31
Update2/22/2023 Mar 11 - March 31

just heard from a colleague at work that Tesla drivers are the new Prius drivers.....could this be true o_O LOL
All I know is that Tesla's are becoming a dime a dozen around my area and if Tesla opens up the SC network along my summer road trip route I'll be looking to get something more unique and less common in a CCS car. The SC network is keeping me with Tesla for now.