Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine had this same issue, but passenger side. Made service appointment while at DC with SA, he assured me it would be fixed at appointment. Went to appointment 1 week later, I was told it was “within spec”, went rounds with service advisor, wouldn’t budge on fixing it. I’m not happy about it. When it warms up, I’m half tempted to take the frunk apart and try to fix it myself 😂
Also I had the same issue on my 22 MY, they fixed it, no problems doing it whatsoever.
I think Tesla Service is sick of all of us being so nitpicky! I’m take is, deliver cars that aren’t so out of whack for the price we pay 🤷🏻‍♀️
Tesla is justifying giving poor customer service by just claiming "Within Spec" I for one am sick of this piss poor customer service and attitude. I recently rejected a VIN last week, because of this Within Spec issue. They refused to guarantee any repairs that they consider within specs but when asked what specs are they refused to explain it to me. So they put me in a position where if the car is not satisfactory at delivery without any repairs needed I will refuse it. So be it if they want to take my deposit . I will just buy a different EV

I got my VIN on 2/16 and am located in southern Cali…..but my car is Austin build!
Mine moved earlier by 2 days

OD: 02/03 MYLR BLUE With WHITE
EDD1- March to May
EDD2: Apr 7 to May19th
EDD3: Apr 5 to May 10
MYLR, Blue/black basic configuration
OD 1/15
Original EDD 2/20 - 3/27
1/30 Updated EDD 2/10 - 2/24
Orange County, CA

Finally got the good news. The car is coming to Buena Park on 24th. Pick-up scheduled for 26th.
Is yours an Austin build ? When did you get your VIN assigned ? ( I was assigned on 02/17, PA080xxx, Austin build). Also, I am in OC too with Buena Park being my delivery center.

Reactions: sdq_11
I saw that video too! I think they got lucky with someone else bailing on that config for a MYP or something and these guys getting that car. From my observation here and reddit, MYLR7's are hard to come by, so it is hard to imagine that car was built from the factory for their own order within 30 days.

I also ordered basic MYLR5 on 1/23 as well and my EDD is still towards the end of March. No EDD update on 2/22 when lot of others got updates.
He was very lucky if someone else bailed out. It looks like he got a MYLR and not a MYP from the price ($59,490 with $6,500 addons = $1,000 white seats, $1,500 black paint, $4,000 7 seater). It makes the base price $52,990 which is a MYLR. Check out 23" at his video.

Hope you get an update soon!

Mine had this same issue, but passenger side. Made service appointment while at DC with SA, he assured me it would be fixed at appointment. Went to appointment 1 week later, I was told it was “within spec”, went rounds with service advisor, wouldn’t budge on fixing it. I’m not happy about it. When it warms up, I’m half tempted to take the frunk apart and try to fix it myself 😂
Also I had the same issue on my 22 MY, they fixed it, no problems doing it whatsoever.
I think Tesla Service is sick of all of us being so nitpicky! I’m take is, deliver cars that aren’t so out of whack for the price we pay 🤷🏻‍♀️
Thanks for sharing your experience. I guess I will find out when I take mine in to SC this weekend (so, perhaps my last post will not be my last report after all! :) )

Has any one received a MY AWD?

I have 2 orders at the moment.

1. Order date 2/10/23, Original estimated date 2/17 to 3/17. This morning the estimated date disappeared. Bad sign?
2. Order date 2/11/20, Original estimated date 2/18 to 3/17. A week or so ago it changed to 3/8 to 3/31

Today is February 23 and no change to the EDD yet. Since I'm in Texas and would have to prepay before the vehicle is even shipped to or back into Texas, I've now missed the guaranteed window for the $7,500 tax credit.

Even if I decided to prepay for a vehicle that I can't inspect first, this could go at least a couple different ways:

1. The tax credit is delayed/extended and/or the vehicle still qualifies for the full tax credit after guidance is issued and new rules take effect at the time of delivery.

2. The vehicle no longer qualifies for the (full) tax credit when it is delivered and I am unable to reject it and I'm stuck paying $3,750 or $7,500 more for the vehicle.

I'm inching closer to canceling the order and just looking at this is a learning experience and failed experiment. All this waiting, uncertainty, and risk seems more stressful than haggling with a traditional car dealer. :(
I think you're misinterpreting the prepay situation. It sounds like you only need to pay at most a day before delivery. It's the IRS that's created all this uncertainty. If it weren't for the uncertainty around the tax credit:

1. Tesla wouldn't have suddenly dropped the prices to bring popular builds in line with the $55K limit.
2. There wouldn't have been such a rush on orders the last half of Jan.
3. We would all just place our orders, and let them come when they came.

Unless this is truly too much for your heart to stand, I'd wait before cancelling your order. I fail to see a scenario where you pay for the vehicle, and suddenly have the tax credit yanked away before you can take delivery.

Also, it's not all sunshine and rainbows at other dealers. We went to look at a RAV4 Prime the other day, and the dealer still had a $6K markup over MSRP, plus I would have had to order it and wait...sound familiar?

Last edited:
Has any one received a MY AWD?

I have 2 orders at the moment.

1. Order date 2/10/23, Original estimated date 2/17 to 3/17. This morning the estimated date disappeared. Bad sign?
2. Order date 2/11/20, Original estimated date 2/18 to 3/17. A week or so ago it changed to 3/8 to 3/31
OD 02/09 got vin the same day Never got a EDD it always shows TBD, but i got a mail on 02/16 saying the car has been built and on its way, nothing after that.

I ordered 1/23
EDD has been 3/10-3/31 since 2/5 with no movement so far
SoCal
Yep, I'm exactly in the same boat. I've found it telling that we mainly see people in the same narrow band of order dates (1/13-1/17) slowly getting deliveries without much movement for later orders. There must have been a HUGE run in that narrow band of time, otherwise we would have seen more later ODs get VINs and delivery dates by now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tcorn
I fail to see a scenario where you pay for the vehicle, and suddenly have the tax credit yanked away before you can take delivery.
I do. Let's say Tesla assigns a VIN to me today (which is unlikely, but possible). Because I'm in Texas, I have to pay for the car before they'll ship it to or back to Texas. Now, let's say that it takes a week (optimistically) to ship the car which would be March 2. If the tax credit reduces or goes away on March 1, then I'm screwed since I've already paid for a car that doesn't qualify for the tax credit.

Last edited:
Yep, I'm exactly in the same boat. I've found it telling that we mainly see people in the same narrow band of order dates (1/13-1/17) slowly getting deliveries without much movement for later orders. There must have been a HUGE run in that narrow band of time, otherwise we would have seen more later ODs get VINs and delivery dates by now.
i think you're right,
I'm keeping hope alive and just waiting at this point. If we get the full tax credits than great! The price drop was my main reasoning when I ordered.

i think you're right,
I'm keeping hope alive and just waiting at this point. If we get the full tax credits than great! The price drop was my main reasoning when I ordered.
The main hope I have is that being in SoCal, we'll benefit from the end of quarter rush to deliver cars, not as much as NorCal, but some. I think that's why we still have 3/31 as the end of the range. I also believe that there won't be a sudden cutoff of the tax credit with no lead time. I expect an announcement of the new rules with a start date at some future point...but it's all guessing and hope at this point.

Last edited: