Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had to accept that the vehicle would come without the USS before proceeding with delivery. Have others experienced this as of recent? The only thing is my EDD is still TBD… Maybe a good sign!
Came here to ask the same thing
CA07CEEB-FAE7-42E2-8DE7-8CB1BBACF1D4.jpeg
0D84AA4B-0F40-4AA4-BE22-B9FB3C59F718.jpeg

Reactions: Spokanetesman
When the start date of my original EDD was 1/22, it was updated the day after to a later EDD (check my signature for all the dates during my Tesla journey). That being said, I actually got my VIN assigned some days after my EDD getting pushed.
My original EDD was 2/10-3/10. Then got pushed back to 2/15-3/15 then 2/23-3/23. For me the EDD updated the day after the start of the EDDs. I really hope no more EDD delays and actually get a VIN soon

Had to accept that the vehicle would come without the USS before proceeding with delivery. Have others experienced this as of recent? The only thing is my EDD is still TBD… Maybe a good sign!
This alert is definitely new but the removal of USS is not new. IIRC, it was announced back in late 2022 that Tesla will be removing USS from the new 2023 Models they produce which includes the cars produced/delivered in January.

This alert is definitely new but the removal of USS is not new. IIRC, it was announced back in late 2022 that Tesla will be removing USS from the new 2023 Models they produce which includes the cars produced/delivered in January.
I think most people should know what they are getting themselves into by now. The fact that they don’t have the ability to measure distance for park assist (so far that I have researched) as the agreement implies is comical.

Update. Major development. I’ve been monitoring inventory on waitingfortesla.com and guess what found the closest match locally and I jumped on it. Called Tesla and switch my order to white/white performance Y without the hitch. I’m taking delivery next Monday.
Congrats. Please post your experience after delivery.

Man, I feel for all the people taking delivery or hoping to take delivery in the next 5 days and into March. Between the stress of Tesla’s process, the prospect of losing part of the tax credit and now the new HW4 info coming out but needing to wait for Investor day to try and get more answers. Talk about a stressful time! Hoping the best for everyone in flux at the moment.

Question about Tesla financing: does it ask you for the amount financed or does it run your credit first then tell you what is the max amount you’re approved for? If the former, if you input an amount higher and you get denied, does it then tell you what is the max loan amount or are you simply denied the loan completely? TIA
hi. they will run your credit first. "You never get denied for auto loan". They will let you know how much you're down payment base on your income, and then you gonna accept their down payment requirement for the loan.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigboi
I think most people should know what they are getting themselves into by now. The fact that they don’t have the ability to measure distance for park assist (so far that I have researched) as the agreement implies is comical.
Agreed. Because I come from a pretty old car, the cameras are actually enough for me lol but definitely would be nice to have those missing helpful features.

Sucks that we're left in the dark until Tesla Vision officially comes out but we all knew that when ordering the car.

Reactions: geekfam and WyoDude