Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla app displayed the same. After acknowledging that there will be no USS, everything went back to as it was before. I think Tesla is just trying to play safe by making us sign electronically that we are aware of the fact that USS is no longer available and that they are working on the Tesla Vision.

Reactions: sdq_11
I suppose I should chime in here since I’ve been lurking for over a month and I’m finally getting closer to getting a VIN and delivery.

I ordered a 5 seat MYLR on 1/13 at about 5 pm. White/white/19” wheels.

My original EDD was 2/2 - 3/2. It was then pushed back to 2/23 - 3/23. This evening, my EDD was updated to 3/7 - 3/21. Still no VIN though.

I am glad to at least have a narrower EDD. I’m trying to find the positives where I can :)

I suppose I should chime in here since I’ve been lurking for over a month and I’m finally getting closer to getting a VIN and delivery.

I ordered a 5 seat MYLR on 1/13 at about 5 pm. White/white/19” wheels.

My original EDD was 2/2 - 3/2. It was then pushed back to 2/23 - 3/23. This evening, my EDD was updated to 3/7 - 3/21. Still no VIN though.

I am glad to at least have a narrower EDD. I’m trying to find the positives where I can :)
Looks like most people with white exteriors and 19" wheels now have EDDs in march. Now I am worried that mine might get delayed beyond march.
MYLR W/B/19
OD 1/20
EDD 3/04 - 3/31 since the very beginning

MYLR, white/black 19” no tow
OD: 1/26/2023
EDD1: Jan - March
Profile completed: 1/31/2023
EDD2: March - May
EDD3: April 8 - May 26
EDD4: March 26 - March 31
No vin

As the EDD changed to a 5 days window, does it mean it’s quite accurate and likely won’t change to a later date/period?

Frustrated whether I should take MYAWD which will deliver soon in a week or two (vin assigned already) or wait for MYLR with EDD March 26 a March 31?

I need the tax credit but prefer MYLR, not sure if I should bid on MYLR…..

Reactions: Lady
Got email/text at 9AM EST this morning, pickup confirmed February 25th.

The process thus far has been very smooth for me, let's hope it continues :)
Got a notice in the app that something was affecting my delivery - turns out Tesla asked me to confirm that I am okay with Tesla Vision today, the day before delivery. Seems like odd timing, but at least it wasn't moving my delivery out.

Reactions: sdq_11
No vin

As the EDD changed to a 5 days window, does it mean it’s quite accurate and likely won’t change to a later date/period?

Frustrated whether I should take MYAWD which will deliver soon in a week or two (vin assigned already) or wait for MYLR with EDD March 26 a March 31?

I almost switched to the performance for the faster delivery time but so happy I stuck with the long range. Already had two occasions I was down in the 10-15 percent range. On the performance it probably would have been 5 percent already.

Reactions: erktrek
od: 01/28
edd: 04/19-05/31
no change in the last 10 checks this morning incl app and website.. 🤣
Figure am in for the long haul... again, hopefully get some hardware updates if so...

Tax credits would be nice, hopefully they will make things retroactive when a decision is made.
Btw I saw a video where they mention that they do updates to the order date only twice a day: 9AM ET and 9PM ET, unless a VIN is being assigned or you're close to delivery. Don't know if it's true though. However, after seeing that, I have started checking only twice a day :)

Reactions: Lady and erktrek
No vin

When did yours change from April 8 - May 26 to Mar 26 - Mar 31? That's a very good progress for your OD!!!

Btw I saw a video where they mention that they do updates to the order date only twice a day: 9AM ET and 9PM ET, unless a VIN is being assigned or you're close to delivery. Don't know if it's true though. However, after seeing that, I have started checking only twice a day :)
Ha! Like I have the self control for that. 😉 (definition of madness - doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result )

That's a great rule of thumb regardless if true or not! Thanks for the heads up / idea.

The window just shrank again within the last hour.

MYLR, white/black/19"
OD: 1/20
EDD: Jan - Mar 2023 (original)
EDD: March 3 - March 31 (updated 1/25)
EDD: February 23 - March 23 (updated 2/14)
EDD: February 25 - March 11 (updated 2/23)
Since there's nothing else to do other than wait, I created a visualization of my EDDs. :)

EDD.001.jpeg