Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it might have helped, but who can be sure. I have many qns, for some reason I see people who are near Fremont factory waiting longer and getting Austin builds and NE folks getting Fremont builds - I have seen lot of LR inventories in Cleveland OH ( I suggested it to a friend and he ordered on 2/16 and got the car delivered on 2/25).

I wish I knew an answer, if you’re interested in 20 inch wheels a lot of them keep coming up in inventory, keep checking the link and speak with your SA- he can help in swapping your order.

Yeah, I am trying to keep the price down a little. Stretch for the car as is. I will keep checking that site.

I wondered about this. Tesla seem to be the automaker who is best aligned with the requirements of this tax credit and if they can't qualify, then what good is the credit...at least for now?
Exactly.
GM already said they will get half credit in upcoming 2~3 years while their battery is Not assembled in North America.
Tesla MY's 2170 battery are assembled in Giga1 by Panasonic, so Tesla is in a better position than GM.

MYLR, white/black/19"
OD: 1/20
EDD: Jan - Mar 2023 (original)
EDD: March 3 - March 31 (updated 1/25)
EDD: February 23 - March 23 (updated 2/14)
EDD: February 25 - March 11 (updated 2/23)
EDD: February 26 - March 11 (updated 2/26)
EDD: February 27 - March 11 (updated 2/27) (also got the "VIN expected in 1-2 weeks text")
EDD: March 8 - March 22 (updated 2/28) 🤣
Same order date and configuration except with tow. Had first change to EDD today. Went to 3/18 -3/31 from 3/3-3/31...my financing lock ends 3/21. At this point I am just planning for the half tax credit and if I get the full $7500 it will be a bonus.

Reactions: zroger73
(THIS IS FOR ANY ONE CONSIDERING TO BUY THE "COMING SOON TO CITY" MYAWD)

If you think cars are coming soon or are in inventory, I ordered one on 02/09 No EDD yet. I went in store and placed the order he said it should be here in 2 weeks. but i havent seen a single person on this forum who has taken delivery of MYAWD.
So if anyone is planning to make a hard and fast decision think twice because there are literally no updates for MYAWD cars. i got an email stating that car is built and on it ways on 02/16 but there is another person who ordered the same date as me was told those cars haven't build yet.
I will be updating as soon as something changes in my order but no changes yet!!
Some people get them sooner than others, Brother-in-law ordered one and maybe 9 or 10 days he was driving it, my order on 2/11 and built 2/19 is supposed to be here in 2 days, EDD shows 2/28-3/8 so we will see, I have read where someone never received the EDD and they sent a text to come pick up the next day.

• Informative
Reactions: Hotshot5959
This!!!! Ridiculous. Was just talking about it with a friend of mine. Why would they put 19 inch wheels on SRs with build dates in March, with practically little to no preorders for these SRs? Why not use them to build the preorders for the LRs? Quite beyond my imagination. Irksome!!!
Is it possible they are trying to coax a few more off the fence that are looking for the cheapest options to pull the trigger? inflate first quarter orders/sales as much as they can?

Is it possible they are trying to coax a few more off the fence that are looking for the cheapest options to pull the trigger? inflate first quarter orders/sales as much as they can?
No, they already have more orders than they can fill for the quarter. These are cars that were already scheduled to be built, probably because their battery packs are unique and already built.

Reactions: arbitrage000
No, they already have more orders than they can fill for the quarter. These are cars that were already scheduled to be built, probably because their battery packs are unique and already built.
That is not true as I just seen cars at Long Beach with a 2/14 build date on 2/27 and all of them from Austin, 13 days build to delivery, if these cars are built in the first week of March then they can all be delivered, in fact build dates a week or more later can as well.

it might have helped, but who can be sure. I have many qns, for some reason I see people who are near Fremont factory waiting longer and getting Austin builds and NE folks getting Fremont builds - I have seen lot of LR inventories in Cleveland OH ( I suggested it to a friend and he ordered on 2/16 and got the car delivered on 2/25).

Remember MYP only comes from Fremont. Tons of us including myself changed to that after price cap lift. Mines in transit rite now from Fremont.