Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to Tesla a couple of days ago and discussed my options with the SA. There was only one vehicle showing in inventory but the SA told me it will arrive at the location on 12th March. So, at least sometimes, the vehicles showing in the inventory are also not there physically.
Look for the "Coming soon to Atlanta" or if just says "Atlanta" on the inventory page. If it's in the location it will just say the location. I clarified this with the SA and did mine.

I probably would’ve ordered a black one, too. Except I picked the color for our 2018 model 3 last time. Thus, I let wife to pick the color this time, and she picked MSM. 🤣
I finally picked up my car today. It was completely a different experience than when I got the 3 in 2018. Walked in, handed my check, told me the car was outside in this stall number and keys are inside/open. Congrats and bye!

Ended up putting in a service ticket for paint chips near the hood and scratches along the side handles to the rear driver’s side door.

I got black/black and realized I’m not into the color 😂 My husband’s preferred color….despite me wanting the MSM.

When I got home, opened the trunk and didn’t think about adjusting the lift gate height at all.
Ended up hitting the top of the garage door resulting in scratched/scuffed trunk lip and more paint chips along the top. 😭🫠😭That’s the Tesla soft black paint for y’all.
Whoopsie. So I guess something to watch out for!

Finally picked mine up yesterday. All went well. Was told that there was minor issue with one of the wiper arm and that they replaced it. Didn’t see any significant flags. However, after I got home , I got this strange buzzing/hissing noise while the car was updating from 2022.44.200 to 2013.2.12 and also was charging at the same time. The hissing/buzzing noise stopped by itself in about 5-7 minutes. Anyone with 2013 Model Y LR Austin built experienced same issue ? Video Link:

Finally picked mine up yesterday. All went well. Was told that there was minor issue with one of the wiper arm and that they replaced it. Didn’t see any significant flags. However, after I got home , I got this strange buzzing/hissing noise while the car was updating from 2022.44.200 to 2013.2.12 and also was charging at the same time. The hissing/buzzing noise stopped by itself in about 5-7 minutes. Anyone with 2013 Model Y LR Austin built experienced same issue ? Video Link:

I updated mine last night, exact same version, very similar noise. Mine was from Fremont.

Last edited:
Reactions: James2023y

I updated mine last night, exact same version, very similar noise. Mine was from Fermont.
Could be a battery function test or something.

No I didn't record, I thought it was normal... My noise was from the front area. It was my first update so didn't know what to expect.
I believe the noise is normal during the updates as system has to reboot and does various testing. I got this information after attending one of the Tesla's virtual session on "Getting to know your Tesla". There're other noises as well that the presenter played during the session that deems normal operation. You might want to sign up for one of those virtual sessions.