Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are running out of shipping time to get cars to the east for EOQ numbers. So they will be saving all the cars to deliver to N.Cal or some closer states for the last 2-3 weeks of March.
Not sure where they deliver the end of March Austin cars to as it is a bit more complicated with Texas needing to ship the car out of state and back in. For Fremont people pick up direct from the Fremont DC

EDD updated this morning and I couldn’t be happier.

OD 1/26
EDD1 Feb-Mar
EDD2 Mar 14-31
EDD3 (2/14/23): April 10 - May 22
EDD4 (2/22/23): April 08 - May 13
EDD5 (3/7/23): March 15 - 31
Upstate New York
MYLR blue/black/19/tow.

Super Mad me too. Same OD: 1/18, Blue-BLK, 19, NJ. EDD got pushed today to 4/9-5/14. Unbelievable.
Another 1/18 OD here

Hoping my car is sitting in inventory at the local center and they just haven't gotten to it .
Also EDD end date of Mid MAY now.
Never changed my W/W/19 /5 seat order.

Not Mad but a bit dejected for now,

Have considered one of the AWD's that are popping up on Waiting for Tesla all over or better yet a Performance Y.

The one thing I will not do is upsize the wheels, that is the last thing I want to do.

I will sit tight through March- just have a feeling that Tesla is in a logistical nightmare with getting produced MY's where they go. Not so much getting the cars built.

All conjecture- just shooting the breeze on a forum:)

MYLR White/White/19”
SoCal
OD 1/16
EDD originally Jan - March
EDD update 1/18: Feb 22 - Mar 29
EDD update 1/30: Feb 17 - Mar 17
EDD update 2/5: Mar 7 - Mar 31
EDD update 2/22: Mar 9 - Mar 31
EDD update 3/7: Apr 3 - May 8

:(
I am from SoCal with the same configuration except for a black interior. My most recent EDD is the same as yours (April 3 - May 8).

Reactions: maytaurustiger
EDD updated this morning and I couldn’t be happier.

OD 1/26
EDD1 Feb-Mar
EDD2 Mar 14-31
EDD3 (2/14/23): April 10 - May 22
EDD4 (2/22/23): April 08 - May 13
EDD5 (3/7/23): March 15 - 31
Upstate New York
MYLR blue/black/19/tow.
Huh, my config is very similar except grey/silver. Hopefully my EDD will improve if there are a batch of like vehicles headed to the Northeast.

Reactions: GigaMike
Hello, I am looking to swap my 20" tires with your 19" and some cash at your end. This is around Chicago. I will be taking the delivery tomorrow (3/8) so the miles on the 20" will be pretty low.

Kindly shoot me a message if you are interested. Thank you.

Another 1/18 OD here

Hoping my car is sitting in inventory at the local center and they just haven't gotten to it .
Also EDD end date of Mid MAY now.
Never changed my W/W/19 /5 seat order.

Not Mad but a bit dejected for now,

Have considered one of the AWD's that are popping up on Waiting for Tesla all over or better yet a Performance Y.

The one thing I will not do is upsize the wheels, that is the last thing I want to do.

I will sit tight through March- just have a feeling that Tesla is in a logistical nightmare with getting produced MY's where they go. Not so much getting the cars built.

All conjecture- just shooting the breeze on a forum:)
I'm holding tight on the MYLR as I want the range portion; I don't care about the 0-60 speed.

It's almost like the Stanford Marshmallow Experiment but with adults. Stanford marshmallow experiment - Wikipedia

Not exactly sure why there are so many splits here on order EDD as to color and options.

I ordered a white with black interior which was the standard order here at the time on Jan 21st. Since then my EDD dates have been pushed a few times. My last EDD is now beyond the March Tax advantage at mid April to May arrival. Does anyone know if the March rebates will be extended?

If I cancel I will loose 250.00 and Tesla can sell my car for more than the original price reduction to someone else. If I go through with the deal, I will maybe loose at least half of the 7500,00. And this next one is a long shot, but since we will be into Q2 production, 'maybe' I could see some benefit in updates. That one is only a long shot 'maybe'.

Thoughts?

april copy.png

Congrats.. location definitely matters. I have the same OD and delivery is in April 😴. In another thread I've seen VINs assigned for 01/26 as well.. Florida.. and Tucson.. same configuration as mine.
Wow... I had not seen a Tucson Tesla delivered with the OD. I ordered 1/26 for Tucson (they didn't register it until 1/27 since I ordered late in the day). They shortened my early deliver date from 3/16-3/31 to 3/10-3/31 but crickets chirping since then (no VIN). The past couple days, I've been shopping the Tucson and Phoenix area for Toyota Highlander hybrids as if this doesn't come in the forecast time, not only will I likely loose the $7500 tax incentive, but I'll have to cancel the order and panic buy an ICE or hybrid as we leave for Maine for the summer shortly after that. I sold my truck on CL since Teslas trade offer was deplorable (got $10K more than they offered). So I'm getting around on my motorcycle for now... grocery shopping is fun, but manageable.

On the one hand, it's great to order online and not have to deal with moronic sales people and all the horse crap of a dealership, but on the other hand, Tesla's well deserved reputation for piss poor customer service and dreadful communication is nearly equally as aggravating! My SA is so vague in every response that if their tesla job is ever lost, they could go into politics! I've tried twice to buy an inventory MYLR shown in Tucson, both times unable to reach anyone in time to transfer my reservation number and the car was sold out from under me. Sure I could have spent another $250 and ordered it immediately for $3000 or so more, but if the RN isn't trasnferred by Tesla, they won't honor my cheaper base price.

So many of us have experienced date changes, which I realize is normal to a degree, but when you look at the "managing expectations" aspect, it's almost like they're intentionally screwing with us. Some on here who ordered in mid-late January had their EDD's pushed into April & even May. Some of those were later pulled back and some have even taken delivery. It's not like they don't know exactly at the end of every single day how many of each color/option etc are ordered. They know what their manufacturing capacity is. It doesn't seem like first come, first served would be that difficult a process. And yes trolls, I realize different locations are harder to ship to, but you factor that in when you're making your initial projection based on ordering activity and shipping capacity rather than telling everyone ordering in January that they'd get it "Feb-Mar"... especially with a $7500 tax incentive poised to change in March. I'm really sort of surprised someone hasn't started a class action lawsuit against Tesla for these deceptive practices.

I would guess anyone who's spent a few weeks in this forum (I've actually read every page of the 425 here as of today) has seen someone who ordered the same thing they have, perhaps even days later and already taken delivery. A little communication goes a long way. If there was a shortage of 19" wheels for example, send those folks a text acknowledging it and offering a 20" upgrade, maybe even at a slight discount as a token of goodwill. Or if trailer hitches are a bottleneck, let the customer know and maybe we drop that and have it done aftermarket...

I think we probably have about 1/10 of 1% of current Tesla buyers in here so we see a very small cross section. I'd love to know how much their orders jumped from January 13th or so until January 31st. Back in early january you could order and get a vin within a couple weeks. I hope I get a VIN soon. Had my heart set on a Tesla, but fearing I'll be driving a Toyota Highlander hybrid in 5-6 weeks (if I can find one). My $1000 wall charger setup will be for nothing and over $1800 in model Y accessories in my workshop are beyond their Aamzon return dates and will likely have to be sold at a loss. If that happens my Tesla "buying" experience will be worse than just about any other car buying experience I've had. Off soap box... morning rant complete. 😵‍💫

Reactions: maytaurustiger
My EDD changed / improved this morning to Mar 18-Mar 31. Hoping that stays accurate..

MYLR MSM/Black/19"/5 seat interior
OD: 1/26
EDD1: Feb-Mar
EDD2 (2/2): 4/7 - 5/19
2/4: Design change from 7-seater to 5-seater
2/15: Design change from White to MSM
EDD3 (2/22): 4/6 - 5/11
EDD4 (3/7): 3/18 - 3/31
Fingers crossed for you! They just chopped off 5 weeks! When I asked yesterday about EDD's and how accurate they are, here's what my SA replied via text msg:

"I wanted to follow up and do my best to assist. At this time, the estimations provided in the app are simply estimates are will continue to adjust until a VIN is assigned. Additionally, we recommend searching the inventory and sending a link to any VINs that you're open to being assigned to as this will be the most efficient way for our team to work to get you a VIN.

Please let us know if you see anything in the inventory and we can review and assign if it's available.I wanted to follow up and do my best to assist. At this time, the estimations provided in the app are simply estimates are will continue to adjust until a VIN is assigned. Additionally, we recommend searching the inventory and sending a link to any VINs that you're open to being assigned to as this will be the most efficient way for our team to work to get you a VIN.

Please let us know if you see anything in the inventory and we can review and assign if it's available."

OD 1/20 W/B/19 TOW

EDD 3/18-3/31
Today change to4/14-5/15.

I am going to change color to the red I really wanted. If that doesn't change anything I am going to start looking at used 2022. I don't want to keep dealing with this since I have outside financing approval through March 31.

Any thoughts on the 2022 version?