Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD-1/20, still pushed to April/May . No I'm not happy because I had expectations. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised as some others have recently been. I sure hope so. I'm not wealthy and buying the car for my daughter to tool in. My birthday is Mar. 16th, and my last delivery time was in that window , so yeah I had my hopes up and I was really deflated when I seen April/May. It's life you know. This is a small thing. Do you have a place to live and food to eat? A lot of the rest of the world is living in shacks. Consider yourself blessed. I just don't like the games the app plays with these delivery times and I really think it could be improved upon.
Happy Birthday! I too was hoping that I'd get my car close to my birthday (March 18). But it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

I agree, we are blessed. Last December, even with the promotional discounts Tesla was offering at that time, I couldn't justify making such a purchase. January 13's events changed the game in our favor. I'm hoping the cars delivered in Q2 will continue to receive the full IRA tax credit.

:) from what I've seen, white interiors are getting jacked big time. Moving to black will most certainly improve your timeline. However, in your case your EDD is quite far out. Who knows by the time we get there, black would be in shortage and white would be on the production lines. What I've seen for people with closer EDD dates (and a very early OD) is, a change from white to black has improved their EDDs, if not for a VIN assignment.
All the black seats are put in a 7 seater this month 😀 there now 3 Red 7 seaters in Raleigh inventory.

Reactions: Mr_Joe
On Wednesday 3/8, I got an email and text both at 7:01AM (MT) That a vin was assigned and 2 hours and 1 minute later at 9:02AM got a text message to go into the app and schedule delivery. Austin build, Tucson delivery. Days offered were 3/16, 3/17, & 3/18. I went with the 16th.

I have to add for the comedic value and for all those in here crapping their pants over their "pushed out" EDD's. The day before getting the VIN noted above, my EDD got pushed from 3/10-3/31 out to 4/16-5/21. So that push out was changed the morning of 3/7. After receiving my VIN about 20 hours later after they had pushed my EDD out near the end of May, I received my VIN. So that means late Tuesday morning as they were pushing out my EDD into MAY, they were in the process of making my MYLR on the line in Austin. Let that sink in as your blood pressure builds over your pushed out EDD's. I think the EDD's mean nothing until a VIN is assigned. A trained monkey throwing darts onto an open calendar would probably be more accurate! To that end, my wife had said to me 4-5 times over the past month "I see you getting your car between March 15th and 17th". I guess she nailed it!

I will say that the day before when they pushed it out into late May, I wrote a polite, but scathing TXT to my SA. Don't know that it made a bit of difference, but I had my VIN less than 24 hours later. So put that in your pipe and smoke it!
Please ask you wife when I will get my car. Thanks. ;-)

PA073 EDD update 3: 3/22-3/31 fingers crossed that it's for real.
For those on mobile not seeing signatures:
MYawd(sr) White/black/19"/5 seat/hitch, Ohio (NE) pickup_ OD: 2/11_Original EDD: Feb-March vin: 2/13 am PA073 Updated EDD 1 (2/13 pm): 2/23-3/23 EDD 2 (2/22 am): BLANK
EDD 3(3/11 am): 3/22-3/31

EDD3: Mar 11 - Mar 31 (2/22)
I found a car in local inventory with my exact configuration. I purchased it and then went in person to the local SC where they switched the inventory car to my initial order. I was able to keep my original pricing (minus the $250).

New/final EDD: Mar 22 - 29

Local inventory location meant the car has been built and slated to travel but not actually here yet. So unless there’s severe weather or something else that causes a delay, should be good to go.

My original EDD was still showing Mar 11 - 31 and no VIN had been assigned at the time the SA made the switch.

They did the same exact thing to me... 3/7 pushed me from late Mar to late May, and the very next day I got my VIN so my car was being built as they pushed my EDD to May. My SA confirmed for me it was built 3/7 so not sure why yours couldn't tell you unless they didn't want to bother. Picking mine up 3/16.
Picking up shortly. Your time line at least makes. Little more sense. It seems like my Y was already at or almost to the dealer by the time I got the VIN. Good luck!

Reactions: erktrek and Mainuh
Anyone knows how much is the profit margin? $1000-1500?
You can see the price on Tesla shop if you buy them separately. 19" costs $2500 while 20" costs $3500. So the price different is $1000. Tesla does not need to ship to you 19" wheels if you order 20" wheels so it saves itself $2500 plus $2000 you pay for 20" wheels. My guess the 20" wheels cost Tesla less than $2000 but assume it is $2000 then Tesla is pocket the cost of 19" wheels which do not come with the car. So I think Tesla get at least $1500 extra profit.

Reactions: Mainuh
I found a car in local inventory with my exact configuration. I purchased it and then went in person to the local SC where they switched the inventory car to my initial order. I was able to keep my original pricing (minus the $250).

New/final EDD: Mar 22 - 29

Local inventory location meant the car has been built and slated to travel but not actually here yet. So unless there’s severe weather or something else that causes a delay, should be good to go.

My original EDD was still showing Mar 11 - 31 and no VIN had been assigned at the time the SA made the switch.
So glad this worked for you. My problem was that I had switched to the AWD version when my delivery date was changed to April/may. So, I had to eat the new price even though it was my original configuration. So frustrating. What SC did you go to?

Reactions: JessicaG
I haven’t needed a mobile charger in an emergency in four years.
In my 4.5 years with my model 3 I also have not needed it for an emergency. However I have used it a bit in non emergency situations and I am glad I have it. I have used it at a beach house while on vacation (used the 15A 120V connector), at my Dad's house that is 125 miles away (using a 240V 20A connector for an outlet he has in his barn) and at my cousin's house in Virginia (electric dryer outlet in garage). I just like having the ability in certain situations to avoid a supercharger stop when I will be somewhere for hours or even a couple of days although I have spent a little extra cash on additional connectors.

Is the Tesla insurance quote the monthly fee or the cost for the entire 6 months? The number I see is way too high for the monthly cost but is also way too cheap to be the full 6 months. Couldn't find anywhere that stated what the cost is, all it says is your premium is $XXX

Quotes from Tesla insurance is Monthly.

I was told their rate changes each month based on your actual driving record in the previous month (collected over the air) and you can cancel any time.
Tesla SA told me they have seen about $200/month for MYLR.
My Statefarm agent had seen much lower from Tesla insurance.

I never got a quote from Tesla App and their phone# always put me on hold forever.
I would not want this kind of customer service when I have an emergency, so I stick with Statefarm.
My Statefarm insurance agents picks up at first ring during working hours, and calls me back when I left a message.

Reactions: JessicaG and bigboi
You can see the price on Tesla shop if you buy them separately. 19" costs $2500 while 20" costs $3500. So the price different is $1000. Tesla does not need to ship to you 19" wheels if you order 20" wheels so it saves itself $2500 plus $2000 you pay for 20" wheels. My guess the 20" wheels cost Tesla less than $2000 but assume it is $2000 then Tesla is pocket the cost of 19" wheels which do not come with the car. So I think Tesla get at least $1500 extra profit.
It is losing strategy to get 20 in wheels just to chase an earlier delivery date. Most likely, the rebate will be the full $7.5K through this quarter, and even in April. My guess is that all Jan orders will be delivered in Q1. Or maybe a couple of weeks into Q2.

Spending $2K in the hope of getting $3,750 is poor odds. You can get the induction wheels for about $2K-$3K from FB marketplace and other places, brand new with tires. And you can easily sell the 19 inch wheels with tires for $1,500.

A better way to spend $2K is to get the acceleration boost, although that is not a necessary option for most people. But at least it is fun.

The 20 in wheels give less range, less comfort, and less reliability. Much easier to get damaged over potholes. Tires are more expensive to replace. It is arguable whether they look better on the Y.

Reactions: Mainuh