Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having our electrician install 2 "chargers" - one is a Tesla charger hard-wired in our smallish garage. The other is a NEMA 14-50 outlet to be mounted on the outside of our house near the driveway. Found an RV outlet enclosure that can be used thanks to a previous poster. The only issue is the outlet that comes with the enclosure is kind of crap for EV charging so am replacing it with a Hubbell (NOTE: slight mods required - hole in the plate needs to be larger).

Figured if going to the expense of wiring, might as well put 2 separate lines in and allow for some future proofing / guests.
Did you check into NJ/utility rebates for the charger installation? JCP&L and PSE&G have substantial rebates on the installation but you may limited on the brand of charger. I went with a juicebox to maximize rebates

White, Black Interior, MYLR, 19" wheels
Phoenix, AZ
OD: 1/16(9pm)
1/17 - EDD: 2/4-3/4
2/3 - EDD 2/13-3/13
2/14 - EDD 2/28-3/28
2/28 - EDD 3/5-3/19
3/5 - EDD 3/26-3/31
3/13 - EDD 3/28-3/31

Obligatory back story
When IRS dropped the 55k tax credit limit on 2/3, I saw a MYP appear in local inventory, and we pulled the trigger on that. The responsible thing would have been to wait on the phone with Tesla and change our MYLR pre-order over to that, but I didn't want to risk MYP being picked up by someone else. So I spent another $250 on a deposit to claim the MYP. We picked it up on 2/6 been enjoying it since. But I figured I'd keep everyone updated with the MYLR we ordered on 1/16
👍 Got to have the $250 worth of a story to share until it is ready for delivery (for someone else:cool:).

🤝 I respect that. Wheels will be a main factor determining the ride quality and driving character. And everyone has their preference.

I hope you find an inventory one that matches what you ordered originally. At least that was when people spent the $250 to secure it. The benefit was mainly for an expedited delivery and enjoy the car sooner. There is a "slightly" increase of the getting the full $7,500 EV credit but I would not count on it.

Edit: See @phillyspecial post above. There is hope not spending a penny more ;) Just wait for the exact match show up in the inventory.
I like your thinking about using $250 as a premium for accelerated delivery. I might consider that if I'm at a risk of missing the EV credit and provided they match it to my base price.

Looking at phillyspecial's comment history, it seems he'd ordered in March at the already increased price. No price adjustment needed therefore. However, I have seen others who've had wonderful local SAs match inventory vehicles to their base MSRP prices when they'd ordered in January.

Does anyone from personal experience know if adding a tow hitch late will extend the EDD? I had a buddy who recently modified their reservation to include a tow hitch thinking that it would not have any impact to their EDD. Their EDD on the app didn't change but we all know that can't be trusted until a VIN is received.

Does anyone from personal experience know if adding a tow hitch late will extend the EDD? I had a buddy who recently modified their reservation to include a tow hitch thinking that it would not have any impact to their EDD. Their EDD on the app didn't change but we all know that can't be trusted until a VIN is received.
All those whose dates have been pulled back to March with a tow hitch, I'm seeing VINs assigned in reddit and other forums. That hitch is seriously pulling some weight :p. Good luck and on your toes - hope they can fulfill all yours this month as promised, before they run out of the configuration to deliver this quarter.🤞

I do not have a hitch. If I were to add one, I would buy it from Tesla separately for $1,300 to avoid any possible delay. But that's only because I wanted to get the car as soon as possible.

Reactions: BailMY
I can't prove that adding 20"+tow was responsible, but something moved my EDD out two weeks after the change. ;)

My EDD didn't change until 5 days after the adding these two items.

1678286729999-png.435454

Did you check into NJ/utility rebates for the charger installation? JCP&L and PSE&G have substantial rebates on the installation but you may limited on the brand of charger. I went with a juicebox to maximize rebates

Yeah, our SA originally pointed them out. Was not planning on installing a charger just a NEMA 14-50 in an exterior enclosure so it could be used for both RV and Evs with their own mobile charging adapters but now you got me thinking thanks!

🤔

Reactions: nj987
Part of me is secretly hoping that the tax credit will end before I take delivery so I can keep that $60K in my wallet. :)

I'm by no mean having "buyers remorse" (How can I? I haven't even taken delivery yet!), it's just that there are enough negatives and uncertainties that I won't be disappointed if I don't end up with a new Model Y in my garage in the coming weeks.
I'm not secretly hoping, but it would be an advantage, too bad I already sold my car!! Actually I'm hoping the IRS' shuffles their feet a month or 2 as Im sure my delivery will be oh April 1?

Reactions: zroger73
EDD 4 Updated 3/4 - March 27 - 31.

They seem to be prioritizing deliveries based on profit/margin and ease of delivering to the location.
EDD pushed out 1 day like others.

MYLR W/B 19" No Options
OD - Push order button 1/17 PM, Order agreement date 1/18
EDD1 - January to March
EDD2 - February 8 - March 31
EDD3 - March 6 - March 31
EDD 4 Updated 3/4 - March 27 - 31
EDD 5 Updated 3/12 - March 28 - 31
No Text for 1-2 week VIN alert
VIN not assigned
Location - Las Vegas, NV

Seeing articles about recent trade developments that may impact the mineral source guidance the IRS is contemplating. Looks like Biden has met with EU leaders about trade deals that would make batteries that use their minerals qualify for US credits. Looks like they aren’t looking to use more each year from existing free trade agreement countries, but add countries that qualify as that. (Or at least have that as an option) I wonder if they are waiting to define those agreements before setting the guidance so they don’t accidentally exclude anyone? That could mean further delays in a decision. 🤞

Getting close gang… got my credit Union wire to Tesla setup today and they will take my cashiers check for the majority of the payment at delivery. I got a great rate of 3.6% from my CU, so happy with that after the recent increases everywhere!

I just got a call a few minutes ago from the local delivery center and they said the car arrived yesterday. It’s still wrapped so they recommended I not try to go see it tomorrow as it would likely be getting unwrapped and washed which I took as a good sign. Not sure why they didn’t offer delivery before Thursday morning.

One thing the girl who called stressed which the SA never mentioned was they want me to bring a printed copy of the wire transmission from the CU to Tesla. She said they can’t always confirm a wire has completed at the time of sale.

Anyway… the next 2.5 days will likely seem longer than the 6-7 weeks since my OD!

Keep the faith and remember, the very day this car was being built (3/7) they pushed my EDD out to 5/21. A few hours later, the next morning, I miraculously had a vin. Will let y’all know how it goes Thursday.

Speaking of, they gave me the same March 20 arrival date for the CO shipments.
Ours are on the same train :). That said, it is possible that this is the generic expected date of arrival at the service center for most vehicles that shipped to CO around the same time and that the actual delivery would not take 7-8 days. Regardless, we should expect to get our delivery scheduling message by the end of the week. I was really hoping to have some lead time to book air travel but it looks like they'll give a couple of days notice..