Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Arghhhh!!!!! That is frustrating.. good to know though. Your EDD window starts 3 days earlier than mine but ends one day earlier - I wonder how the length of the window gets calculated because it seems so different across orders.
Here goes the start of creeping EDD...

MYLR MSM/Black /19"/ 5 seat / tow hitch

OD: 1/26 Original
EDD: Feb - March
Updated EDD (2/1) 3/6 - 3/31
Updated EDD (2/14) 4/7 - 5/19
Updated EDD (2/22) 4/3 - 5/8
Updated EDD (3/4) 3/15-29
Updated EDD (3/16) 3/16-29

Refreshing Tesla App whenever I'm on my phone and no VIN...When is MSM paint coming up again for the manufacturing line? 3 days ago on waiting for Tesla there were two bay area MSM with 20 in, so I was thinking there was a chance for a production run, but then nothing locally has been showing up on the website with 19in Gemini wheels except for Austin MYAWDs and 7 seaters. 🤨

Here goes the start of creeping EDD...

MYLR MSM/Black /19"/ 5 seat / tow hitch

OD: 1/26 Original
EDD: Feb - March
Updated EDD (2/1) 3/6 - 3/31
Updated EDD (2/14) 4/7 - 5/19
Updated EDD (2/22) 4/3 - 5/8
Updated EDD (3/4) 3/15-29
Updated EDD (3/16) 3/16-29

Refreshing Tesla App whenever I'm on my phone and no VIN...When is MSM paint coming up again for the manufacturing line? 3 days ago on waiting for Tesla there were two bay area MSM with 20 in, so I was thinking there was a chance for a production run, but then nothing locally has been showing up on the website with 19in Gemini wheels except for Austin MYAWDs and 7 seaters. 🤨
My MSM 19 LR was built 3/14 in Austin. Delivery either Saturday or Monday. But no tow for me and 1/20 OD. Good luck though! My latest EDD was Apr-May before getting the VIN notice a couple days ago.

Like someone quoted, this is my situation as well 🤪;

Wake up - open Tesla App and see the same EDD or worse a pushed-out EDD.

Click Manage - go to Tesla website and see the same EDD with no VIN showing up. Hit Control U to search for VIN in the source code, but to no avail.

See lots of accelerated delivery vehicles, which by no means match my configuration, and which are at least 2K more.

Force close Tesla App.

Open IRS website to check for any EV credit changes.

Open Reddit and see others get VINs.

Feel Sad.

Open Tesla Motors Club Forum - read everyone's updates, respond and lighten myself.

Eat.

Sleep.

Repeat.

:rolleyes:
Is there any comfort in knowing your not the only Tesla Owner Wannabe in that Ground Hog Day existence? Here's the question to myself. If, on April 1, we find, no car, no federal tax break, do we still plunk down the 60k. Same question if only 1/2 federal tax break. Right now I'm thinking hold on to the money in scenario 1, Say F'it in scenario 2, and plunk down the hard earned cash. Just some thoughts as we cycle through our Ground Hog Dayssssss!

OD 1/19 (1/18 evening). No vin, EDD keeps pushing daily so today it says 3/16 to 3/28.
A friend ordered the same model as mine MSM, no option, on 1/17 already got his MY on 2/21. He picked up from Fremont since he is in Hayward. My pick up location is Dublin (10 min from my house)

OD 1/19 (1/18 evening). No vin, EDD keeps pushing daily so today it says 3/16 to 3/28.
A friend ordered the same model as mine MSM, no option, on 1/17 already got his MY on 2/21. He picked up from Fremont since he is in Hayward. My pick up location is Dublin (10 min from my house)
Your post reminded me of this great classic. BTW, I'm right there with you.

What a Difference a Day Makes

Reactions: erktrek and starise
Is there any comfort in knowing your not the only Tesla Owner Wannabe in that Ground Hog Day existence? Here's the question to myself. If, on April 1, we find, no car, no federal tax break, do we still plunk down the 60k. Same question if only 1/2 federal tax break. Right now I'm thinking hold on to the money in scenario 1, Say F'it in scenario 2, and plunk down the hard earned cash. Just some thoughts as we cycle through our Ground Hog Dayssssss!
Well.. good question.. I've run these scenarios in my mind several times. I'm almost certain we will get at least half the tax credit. If it comes to that, I will have to run by my options. Do I purchase the car with half the credit? Will Tesla make any adjustment to offset the difference? Tesla comes only late in the game if you reject a VIN and keep your order on hold (as a friend of mine did in Dec 2022). Do I look for another vehicle and forfeit the 250? I will have to weigh one option against the other. Come what may, I've made up my mind on not giving a penny extra to Tesla by upgrading wheels or using accelerated delivery without a price match. For one, I'm paying cash and secondly, it would be like a compulsive purchase, which I wouldn't be able to do so happily.

Is anyone in here from PA? It looks like West Chester is now a delivery location. I just confirmed with an SA that I’ll be picking up there.
I’m near Pittsburgh, but saw on Google maps that West Chester was a location and added it to my list of zip codes to check for inventory since Tesla only allows PA buyers to buy inventory cars already in PA. But I’ll be picking up in Pittsburgh.

• Informative
Reactions: FanboyNC
I’m near Pittsburgh, but saw on Google maps that West Chester was a location and added it to my list of zip codes to check for inventory since Tesla only allows PA buyers to buy inventory cars already in PA. But I’ll be picking up in Pittsburgh.
It's a service center. When I checked there were no cars there to buy. I am thinking they are using it for preorders because the other closest lot is full. It seems maybe Tesla is begining to use their SS to bring more cars in locally. This could change so far as it being a sales lot and of course rejected cars could be there possibly. All of this could change, so probably not a bad idea to keep watching it.....that is unless you're after my car :)

Welp. Was supposed to take delivery today. Just got a call saying car has charging issues and needs to be diagnosed. Will get a call tomorrow for the results. Not off to a great start. At least they found it before we took delivery and had to deal with it after the fact. What can you do…. 😭☹️😩
Bummer but at least they're not rushing things through.

Reactions: BailMY and bigboi