Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question related to accelerated delivery that maybe I missed from all the posts in this thread. As I understand from this forum and also texts with Tesla, accelerated delivery options requires the purchase to be at current MY prices but the original 250 order fee is transferred to the accelerated delivery vehicle. Has anyone had luck editing their design to try and match an inventory car/accelerated delivery option (instead of selecting accelerated delivery) and then been able to be assigned to the inventory car to be able to maintain MY reduced pricing from 1/12-1/13?

Thanks in advanced for any feedback.
I would text a link to the inventoried car to a customer service or SA and ask if they would match that VIN to your order. I was just communicating my frustration with an SA and they offered to do this for me. I'm assuming my base price would be honored and I would have to pay for upgrades, if any. I think they are being a little more sympathetic due to the rising frustration level with so many folks trying to beat IRS battery guidance being released. In the past, I was told that would have to pay current pricing. Unfortunately, there are not any MY LR or Ps in inventory for me to take a run at.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: erktrek
I would text a link to the inventoried car to a customer service or SA and ask if they would match that VIN to your order. I was just communicating my frustration with an SA and they offered to do this for me. I'm assuming my base price would be honored and I would have to pay for upgrades, if any. I think they are being a little more sympathetic due to the rising frustration level with so many folks trying to beat IRS battery guidance being released. In the past, I was told that would have to pay current pricing. Unfortunately, there are not MY LR or Ps in inventory for me to take a run at.

I hope this helps.
Appreciate the feedback. I was half considering modifying my mylr7 seat to match an inventory design and then seeing if SA can match inventory to the revised design. There have been several 7 seats sitting for a couple days and thought maybe this could be feasible rather than paying updated pricing for accelerated delivery.

Appreciate the feedback. I was half considering modifying my mylr7 seat to match an inventory design and then seeing if SA can match inventory to the revised design. There have been several 7 seats sitting for a couple days and thought maybe this could be feasible rather than paying updated pricing for accelerated delivery.
It seems that way could work since those LR7s appear to be in less demand. If you really want the 7 seater, then you've really risked nothing.

I would text a link to the inventoried car to a customer service or SA and ask if they would match that VIN to your order. I was just communicating my frustration with an SA and they offered to do this for me. I'm assuming my base price would be honored and I would have to pay for upgrades, if any. I think they are being a little more sympathetic due to the rising frustration level with so many folks trying to beat IRS battery guidance being released. In the past, I was told that would have to pay current pricing. Unfortunately, there are not any MY LR or Ps in inventory for me to take a run at.

I hope this helps.
Jekyll and Hyde associates told me they cannot match VINs to an existing order unless we pay current price. But then I have read there are other friendly associates who actually take care of customers

So yayy I guess? Now worried about QC on rushed vehicles. Bring your checklists people! Note: TMC has one too but not sure how old it is..

(Do the exterior inspection and don't go too crazy until you get home - you have some time).

Not sure ours is coming from Freemont anyway.

Reactions: FanboyNC
I'm noticing that not a lot of people have been sharing or updating their order information in the Order Tracker as of late.

Could folks take 2 minutes today to make sure their info is up to date? The data is really helpful for figuring out how things are progressing. Reminder of the links to fill it out:

I'm noticing that not a lot of people have been sharing or updating their order information in the Order Tracker as of late.

Could folks take 2 minutes today to make sure their info is up to date? The data is really helpful for figuring out how things are progressing. Reminder of the links to fill it out:

There's only two people this year on that spreadsheet that have ordered a MYLR/white/black/20"/tow...including me. Not a very popular combination which reduces the chance that Tesla will build a batch anytime soon. :(

Barring any EDD changes (haha 🤦‍♂️) and given the appearance of a 1st quarter delivery push at Freemont (and assuming something similar at Austin) my wild-ass guess is our delivery will be somewhere around Mar 29 which hopefully allows for shipping etc. This also assumes a vehicle matching my config hasn't already shipped to the Cherry Hill, NJ Location. There is only one, a 7 Seater, in inventory there right now and am definitely NOT interested in taking that for an Accelerated Delivery. Not sure when the VIN will be assigned though - noticed it can vary but another W.A.G. would be Mar 27.

Last edited:
Reactions: starise
There's only two people this year on that spreadsheet that have ordered a MYLR/white/black/20"/tow...including me. Not a very popular combination which reduces the chance that Tesla will build a batch anytime soon. :(
The question is how representative is that sheet vs actual orders? I wouldn't be too concerned about it. On the waiting for tesla site there is a 7 seater with that config in Tx. Edit: sorry my bad - Lyndhurst, OH

Reactions: zroger73
For those who paid with plaid, does Tesla withdraw the funds prior to delivery or after you it accept in the app?

I am not entirely sure about the logistics here. However, I paid full $63K using plaid. The transaction obviously took longer than usual to go through because my bank (chase) flagged it. I called them to inform that I am aware of the transaction and they should let it through. Even after the call, the amount was deducted on the following day.

On the other hand, my 'accept delivery' option in the Tesla app was enabled as soon as I hit Pay. So they allow you to take delivery regardless.

Things can obviously change when the transaction amount is not so high.

• Informative
Reactions: erktrek and Yomanjm
The question is how representative is that sheet vs actual orders? I wouldn't be too concerned about it. On the waiting for tesla site there is a 7 seater with that config in Tx. Edit: sorry my bad - Lyndhurst, OH
Good point. There are only about 1,000 entries on that spreadsheet of which about 800 are from this year - that's only about one day's worth of production (about 1%) and 0.5% or less of total orders. :)