Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I picked up my MYLR5, blue, black, 19, tow, OD 1/15, VIN assigned 3/3, Paramus, NJ.
SA would not unlock the car until I accepted delivery in the app. Fremont build, 5 miles on the odometer, slightly misaligned tailgate, service ticket entered. Appointment next week. As expected, no USS or Tesla Vision park assist feature. Hoping to see a "near future" software update bringing back some version of park assist.
This our second Tesla so I wanted to use one key card to unlock both cars. Two sales advisors at Paramus said this was not possible. Later found this is possible simply by going into the Locks menu and click Add Key. Tap the key card currently paired with the car then tap the key card from the other car. Now that card unlocks both cars.
The Paramus delivery center was very busy with customers on a Monday afternoon, so not much hand holding. I expect the staff could be overwhelmed at the end of this month.
Same experience at the same location with practically same car specs (lol) about a month ago. Paramus, NJ location seems to be VERY busy regardless of what time you decide to go.

Congrats!

I think your delivery experience was indeed extremely lucky because not only did you have a flawless car, you were the only one there doing pickup and even had the Tesla advisors helping you with various things. I've heard of only the opposite of the experience you had (Tesla location being crowded, car having issues, no one there to help, etc).
I wanted members to see you can also have a positive delivery.
Most people don't usually post when they have a positive experience, only a poor one.
Hoping this gives hope to those still waiting that it's possible.

I see some ODs in late January that have been delivered recently. My OD is early February (2/2), but my last EDD got pushed back to April 28-June 9. Any ideas why this may be? I am wondering if Tesla is planning to update the factory lines soon to accommodate some new features. This might explain why some EDDs are getting pushed back by a month or more. Any insight would be appreciated!
Same OD, same EDD currently, so you're not alone for sure 😃

I see some ODs in late January that have been delivered recently. My OD is early February (2/2), but my last EDD got pushed back to April 28-June 9. Any ideas why this may be? I am wondering if Tesla is planning to update the factory lines soon to accommodate some new features. This might explain why some EDDs are getting pushed back by a month or more. Any insight would be appreciated!
Not worth trying to figure out the EDD Dance. Keep doing what your doing... pay attention to others in the forum. There is no expected date sequence, more like a wave, where OD's within some range (2-3 wks?) are jostled around, but finally, slowly, they begin to reach shore (delivery).

Good luck. Have patience, Enjoy the comraderie of the forum.

Didn't get a VIN, but I got this text just now:

"Great news! We expect your Model Y VIN to be assigned this month. Review your completed delivery tasks and tutorial videos in the Tesla app to get prepared."

Anyone else ever get one of these, and if so did a VIN follow quickly? Just wondering if it actually means anything or it's just more automated fluff.

Just a notice that I picked up my MYP Red/White today and my delivery process was flawless,
as was the car. I was very anxious, not knowing how the car would look. All gaps and paint
were excellent. Interior spotless. I happened to be the only one there at the time doing a pickup.
The rep set up my phone to the car and installed the license plate. I installed the front mud flaps
and was on my way. SC is 16 miles from my house. Car was charged to 83%.

I hope all those waiting have as great a delivery as I did today.
My O/D was Feb. 3 but I delayed delivery a few days due to foul weather, so basically 7 weeks.
A sigh of relief that I will qualify for the IRA.
I ordered right after the ceiling for rebates was raised to $80k. Price increased $500 the following day,
and $1,500 the following week. For once, I got lucky buying when I did.

Good luck to those of you still waiting.
Looks beautiful... This is my favorite color combo.. which I could not order of course when the 55K limit was ON. After the IRS limit increase, I was hesitant to edit lest I lose my place in line. I guess the 20 inch helped to expedite your delivery.

Reactions: erktrek

"Great news! We expect your Model Y VIN to be assigned this month. Review your completed delivery tasks and tutorial videos in the Tesla app to get prepared."

Anyone else ever get one of these, and if so did a VIN follow quickly? Just wondering if it actually means anything or it's just more automated fluff.
If you got this, it means you'll certainly get the VIN this month. Keep checking in the next couple of days or so. Good Luck!!!

There were some AZ folks posting earlier about getting delivery dates etc so things might be happening for you guys..

Reactions: Coils
There were some AZ folks posting earlier about getting delivery dates etc so things might be happening for you guys..
So true. I changed my order to MYP on 3/17 and was assigned a VIN later that evening. Picking it up tomorrow. I recall at least three others here from AZ that have picked up their MYPs recently.

Good luck!

Still same EDD end of month. No VIN. No change is good news for me.
Same here. It's been 14 days since my last EDD update. Previous EDD updates occurred after 5 days, 20 days, 9 days, 3 days, 1 day, 1 day, 7 days, and 1 day, respectively, so I've currently got the narrowest window and it's been the second-longest amount of time since an update.

My BIL's Jan 15 order currently has an EDD of 3/25-3/31 compared to my Jan 20 order with an EDD of 3/23-3/31. I joked with him several weeks ago that we might end up picking up our cars at the same time...and that may actually be getting closer to reality as our EDDs keep getting closer to each other. We're both in NE Texas.

Every morning, I keep expecting to see the EDD slide into April, May, or June, but it's been sitting at the last week of March for two weeks now. I hope that's a positive sign, but still no VIN.