Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a that message as the date got closer to my EDD. Then got bumped in the the next month. So not sure if that actually means much.
Happened to me on Monday,
1/17 OD MYLR WHT/BLK, Tow
Change Order 3/1/2023: MYLR, MSM/Blk, Tow

EDD -1 Feb21~March 21
EDD -2 March 1~ March 21
EDD - 3 March 27~ March 31
EDD - 4 March 28 ~March 31
EDD - 5 April 4 ~ May 4

Reactions: bdhaduk and slumdog
Right before lunch today, I finally got the text to schedule my delivery. I was getting a little worried because my EDD window started today. I was given several options for Saturday through Tuesday, but they were going fast. I snagged one for early afternoon on Sunday. That lets me sell my current car to CarMax on Saturday. Wish me luck!

I'm a little surprised that I was only given a few days notice for scheduling. I thought most people who didn't live near the Fremont Gigafactory were typically scheduling deliveries 9 or 10 days in advance. Maybe the end-of-quarter push has something to do with it.

Right before lunch today, I finally got the text to schedule my delivery. I was getting a little worried because my EDD window started today. I was given several options for Saturday through Tuesday, but they were going fast. I snagged one for early afternoon on Sunday. That lets me sell my current car to CarMax on Saturday. Wish me luck!

I'm a little surprised that I was only given a few days notice for scheduling. I thought most people who didn't live near the Fremont Gigafactory were typically scheduling deliveries 9 or 10 days in advance. Maybe the end-of-quarter push has something to do with it.
Yeah... that's how Tesla rolls... and if you can't pickup the car.. they will give the car to someone else and try to find another for you "down the calendar"..

If this is your first tesla, you will soon find out that the "customer service" is non-existing. The Tesla App is great at getting you scheduling for a mobile service. But if you are looking for someone to ask a question... Good F luck!! LOL!

beewang

Got the schedule delivery text, scheduled for 3/25. Got a follow up message that there is a delay in transit and rescheduled the delivery to 3/31.
I thought the ordering and waiting portion was painful but the logistics team one ups that. Funny part is Tesla knows exactly where the car is but then the reps act as if it vanished from their systems and they have no clue where the car is at

California Sales Tax is based on the registered address on your vehicle and NOT based on where you acquired the vehicle.

I dont think you can change your pickup locations.

You can change your pickup location if the vehicle hasn't hit transit yet and if it's still in the same general area from a transit management standpoint. Even if the vehicle is already in transit - you can sometimes change it - depends on the circumstances - ask your sales rep (I did so via text). My MY LR was originally destined for Vienna, VA outside of DC - since it hadn't started transit yet last week - I was able to change the pickup location to Baltimore area - about half the distance for us for pickup purposes. Since all of the vehicles for the MD/NVA area ship to the east coast on the same rail - it's simply a matter of loading it up onto a different truck once it gets to the rail depot in MD.

Looks great! I like those fog light eyes. What does the honeycomb front grill look like?

Update - Everything done by myself except PPF:
1. Got the front bumper and partial hood PPF installed for $600
2. Ceramic coated the car - $170
3. Installed Taptes white seat covers - $ 570
4. Installed Screen swivel - $66
5. Installed camera covers - $20, foglight eyes - $ 27 and honeycomb front grill - $19 to give a more sportier look
6. Installed the Tesla logo puddle lights - $18

Things to do:
1. Change rim covers
2. Install spoiler
3. Blacken the Tesla emblems
4. Install rear reflector eyes
5. Install carbon fiber covers on side mirrors

Here you go. All done. The first pic shows the grill. Now my baby is ready to roam freely in town ;)

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    263.8 KB · Views: 108
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    313.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    160 KB · Views: 73
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    164.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    354.2 KB · Views: 80
I went by the SC- delivery center to see if my car was around. It wasn’t there but the delivery folks were very busy with deliveries. Looks like they were delivering about 7-10 every 1/2 hour. I didn’t count the cars except the 13 red models. Grey/black was the first line followed by Red/blue. White and Black took a couple rows outside the frame. I looked over several cars and the quality was very nice. The ironic part was that I got a call from Logistics that said my car was delayed a couple days and they couldn’t meet my 3/27 @1400. It is scheduled to arrive late on 3/25 and they are closed on Sundays. Looks like a great opportunity to return and find my car to review in detail on Sunday. 🥸
C7885327-3E50-4F58-B2F7-2B67756D5E84.jpeg

Vehicle is gone now from inventory. Was the one you got from inventory or they have a list that was not updated online?
Check my earlier post from Mar 18. Whole history is there. HQ edited my order, overrode price matches and checked anything within 300 miles and factory gated but not assigned yet (in fact, de facto inventory). I got really lucky with the person I got to speak with, my persistence and perhaps my mode of payment.

Last edited:
Got the schedule delivery text, scheduled for 3/25. Got a follow up message that there is a delay in transit and rescheduled the delivery to 3/31.
My timeline from getting my VIN number to pick up date looks like this:

Got VIN number on 3/9 (Car was built that day)
Asked to schedule delivery on 3/16 (was given 3/24 and 3/25, picked 3/25 since it was a weekend and more convenient)
Told my car is on-site and I can take earlier delivery on 3/21
Will still be picking up the car on 3/25

My delivery was from Austin to Springfield, NJ

Comparatively makes sense that they asked for you to reschedule since you got asked to schedule only today.

Reactions: dx23 and erktrek

They are probably just trying to get scheduled delivery dates for everyone and will likely push people back if their car doesn't arrive in time.

As always, do you or own research, grain of salt, etc. - but here's more (possibly useless o_O) speculation about the forthcoming guidance .

- In Notice 2023-1 the IRS said they intend to issue proposed regulations for the new battery requirements. As noted in my prior posting, proposed regs require review by OMB - so I've been watching the OMB dashboard to see when the Proposed Regs are submitted to them for review.

- In light of the IRS now saying the guidance will be released next week, I dug a little deeper to see if it this HAS to be in the form of proposed regulations, vs other guidance such as an IRS Notice - which would not require OMB review. Per the IRS white paper: "Pursuant to the statutory rules in the Inflation Reduction Act, the critical mineral and battery component requirements apply to vehicles placed in service after Treasury and the IRS issue proposed guidance on these requirements."

- The IRA says the following about the guidance (which was supposed to have been issued by 12/31/22): "The Secretary shall issue such regulations or other guidance as the Secretary determines necessary or appropriate to carry out the purposes of this subsection . . . . "

So now that IRS has said this is coming out next week, maybe they are planning to issue another Notice (or other form of guidance) that will not require OMB review. Looks like we will find out by next Friday.
I read a report thqat said Tesla has sent out an email to it's employees to get them ready for the IRS battery ruling. The base Model 3 isn't going to qualify for the tax credit due to the LFP battery which comes from China but supposedly all the Model Ys will qualify for the full credit. I don't know if this correct of not but you can put as much or as little faith in this repot as you want.

I read a report thqat said Tesla has sent out an email to it's employees to get them ready for the IRS battery ruling. The base Model 3 isn't going to qualify for the tax credit due to the LFP battery which comes from China but supposedly all the Model Ys will qualify for the full credit. I don't know if this correct of not but you can put as much or as little faith in this repot as you want.
Article from Electrek.co:

Tesla expects to lose full $7,500 tax credit on its cheapest electric car

"The Model 3 Standard Range is built in Fremont, California, in the US, but its battery pack is using LFP battery cells built in China.

The communication to employees appears to have been done to prepare buyers of those vehicles, as the access to the full credit could change if delivery is done on April 1 rather than March 31 – pending official guidance.

As for Tesla’s other Model Y and Model 3 vehicles in the US, they are expected to retain access to the full tax credit as they are using battery cells built by Tesla or Panasonic in Nevada, California, or Texas.

The battery material sourcing might be more of an issue, but Tesla appears confident that it won’t be the case as a large percentage of its battery materials are sourced from countries with free trade agreements like Australia and Canada."

This article states that the MY and M3 (other than standard range) can retain full credit.