Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

This is what I see for Model Y. Updated the verbiage to say may change after 3/31.

Screenshot 2023-03-25 at 1.08.53 PM.png

We have been inside our EDD for several days now, with the start date adjusting daily. But VIN finally received tonight via Manage Your Order page (no text) and it looks like an Austin build.👏
We are a little stumped on how to proceed as the app is asking us for insurance before we can schedule a delivery date. Somewhat Catch-22 because it also says that insurance has to be in place "three days before Delivery Date." Hoping that the app just hasn't caught up, otherwise we will be on the phone with Tesla in the morning. Hang in there folks.
Don't overthink it. I got my schedule message within a couple hours of the VIN message. VIN message on 3/8 and schedule range was 3/16-3/19. Picked the 16th and got on the horn to insurance company right after scheduling, had the ID card within an hour and uploaded to Tesla. But made my insurance effective 3/16 even tho I got the card 3/8. They never "held up" my scheduling because of the insurance card.

Interesting because I got the text: "We expect your model Y VIN to be assigned this month" text yesterday morning and yet to see VIN show up in the app or via text. Fingers crossed.
OD was 1/23 all base options and have been seeing a day to day slip in the EDD with EDD updated every day from Mar 23, Mar 24, Mar 25-Mar 31st.
I got Vin in afternoon and saw the delivery scheduled message in the app at 8pm. Text message came hours later.

They have scheduled my delivery at my home on Sunday. I called to request a factory delivery. They said the parking lot is full and they can only do home deliveries. How is the build quality for Front build? Should I push for a showroom delivery? Can I inspect the car at home and still reject it if there are major issues?

Reactions: LetsGoElectric
my Y order was confirmed and vin assigned.
applied tesla finance and got approved with US bank at 5.99 apr
does tesla allows multiple loan options ? or how can i request tesla to shop around ?
i got good credit and i assume i can get better rate than 5.99

also i am doing trade in. i entered all the details of the trade in vehicle includes loan balance on that vehicle
i think tesla showed me trade in amount and balance i need to apply for the loan
now i see full price of the car and loan with US bank and got the txt to schedule the delivery
so when i will see the trade in numbers and also instructions to take my car and attach my existing plate
all confusing and with no human in between
does all this normal ?
Get external funding and change the payment method. I was about to change the payment options on the app (from cash to finance) last night without contacting anyone. But I read in this forum that it is not possible. Probably they changed it recently.

They have scheduled my delivery at my home on Sunday. I called to request a factory delivery. They said the parking lot is full and they can only do home deliveries. How is the build quality for Front build? Should I push for a showroom delivery? Can I inspect the car at home and still reject it if there are major issues?
They did not allow me to inspect the inside of the car for home delivery. They force you to click accept and pay up the $60k before allowing you to enter the car.

• Informative
Reactions: LetsGoElectric
Lots of new Ys on =waitingfortesla

~250
I suppose "lots" is relative since it takes Tesla only about 5 hours to make that many Model Ys. :)

FrXiC7yWIAc9Aq0

Source

Are you sure your assigned vehicle was built in Austin? I thought Texas bound vehicles were built in Fremont in order to avoid round tripping them.
I don't know where Austin-built Teslas go before getting sold to Texas residents, but the distance from Austin to a state nearest Texas that allows direct sales and back may be shorter than the distance from Fremont to Texas. For me, it would seem most logical to ship an Austin-built Tesla to Mississippi to be sold to me then to the service center in Tyler, Texas instead of a Fremont-built Tesla to Tyler, Texas. I would prefer an Austin build because I'd rather have rear and front castings over matrix headlights and I think it's neat knowing that as a Texas resident, I'd be getting a Texas-built vehicle.

direct-sales.png

Source

Took delivery of my MYP in Austin today. Got there 30 mins early but the car was ready for delivery. No major issues with the car. Submitted a ticket for one of the doors having a little more gap than another MY that was parked next to mine but honestly it doesn’t bother me too much.

Minor scratches and stains were immediately removed by the staff.

Drove 3.5 hrs back home to Dallas and no issues at all. Saw several transport trucks loaded with model Y’s as well.

Overall a great experience and I echo other people that have said don’t overthink. Everything will be alright.

Hi bk2023,
Two questions:

1) When did you receive the "expect to receive VIN this month." text and
2) how many days after this did you get the appointment text?

Thanks in advance,
Hi @firsttimer i got the expect receive ViN on Wed Mar 22 then on Fri Mar 24 I was asked to schedule delivery. I was able to schedule Sun Mar 26 but they text back right away to ask me to schedule any day after Mar 27 since the car not yet built and therefore no ViN. I re-scheduled for Tues Mar 28 and they confirmed as well as update my profile in app. No VIN yet but it should be any day now

Hi @firsttimer i got the expect receive ViN on Wed Mar 22 then on Fri Mar 24 I was asked to schedule delivery. I was able to schedule Sun Mar 26 but they text back right away to ask me to schedule any day after Mar 27 since the car not yet built and therefore no ViN. I re-scheduled for Tues Mar 28 and they confirmed as well as update my profile in app. No VIN yet but it should be any day now
I never received the 'Expect to receive VIN'. Since you're in the bay area, the time frame between being assigned and scheduling delivery may be very short as Tesla makes its EOQ rush. By the way, I was assigned a VIN the exact day the MYP was built. Good luck!

Reactions: bk2023
What do you think:???
On 3/22/23 I was assigned VIN ( PA085XXX) and EDD 3/22 -3/28 .. then VIN was disappered.... when I called ask the reason , then the answer " failed final inspec shipped it back to Texas???) Next morning I had another VIN (PA093XXX) with the EDD push back to 4/3- 4/14..????

Picked up my white MY SR awd today. I rushed out because I had my screaming one year old with me. I didnt even realized I didnt get any kind of receipt. For those who already picked up their vehicles, did you get any kind of documentation? I was wondering because in order to apply for the tax credit, I assume you need some kind of receipt.

The only thing wrong with the car that I found was this.
PXL_20230325_192504241.jpg

Its on both sides of the front bumper. For a second I thought it had PPF from the factory. Something I could live with I guess.

Reactions: starise and erktrek
I was able to get my delivery bumped up by a day. Finally, got hold of him!!! Easy delivery experience - vehicles that were to be delivered were all lined up and opened to be inspected before accepting delivery. My wife and I ran through an hour of the checklist and were extremely satisfied before we went in and accepted delivery/made the payment. Only 1 small issue we found was the right headlight wasn't recessed completely into the body. Hardly noticeable. Nevertheless, raised an SR for it. Absolute gem of a quality that AUSTIN build!!!!!!

Friends, meet OPTIMUS
1679796002143.png

1679796032110.png