Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would go with the Mobile Charger. The corded one is not even in stock. However, the corded one you cannot change plug so you are stuck with NEMA 14-50. The Mobile Charger can change plugs and it comes with one NEMA 14-50 and one NEMA 5-15 which gives you options. If you need more plug options there is a kit for that as well.
Disagree. If it's going to remain permanent, get the hardwired wall charger. @erktrek @zroger73

I don't want to set my house on fire because I tried to save a few bucks using the mobile charger for day to day charging.

That happened with my last March EDD - went into the window for a few days then the EDD shifted. The new large window indicates to me that Tesla doesn't even have a plan for my order.. whether it's not yet been built or there is some other logistical thing going on besides ***holding off just to try and upsell me every few days. No Accelerated Deliveries this morning and only 2 MYLRs in inventory for all of NJ.

*** Note: I don't really believe they are doing this but in the absence of any info it sure feels like it sometimes.
I've tried to restrain myself from checking the app every hour, now that it seems likely the MY tax credit is not expiring. Hoping they make some upgrade or drop prices or something as a bonus for those of us in the northeast who have had to wait the longest.

Hello,
Mine is keep changing everyday. Is that normal? I am new here and I just bought my Tesla model Y.
  • Order placed:- March 20 2023
  • Estimated Delivery:- Apr - Jun 2023
  • Estimated Delivery:- April 3 - April 17
  • Estimated Delivery:- April 4 - April 16
  • Estimated Delivery:- April 5 - April 16
Welcome to the "ever changing EDD" club. See my sig line (and it would be helpful if you put yours in your sig line as well)

Last edited:
Reactions: erktrek
No changes this morning but it's not quite yet 9 am EDT CDT. 😴

I did recently buy some "jack pads" to add to the Tesla pile in our basement. Sadly am running out of worthwhile things to purchase for our non-existent MYLR and am starting to look in to the tacky stuff. 😨

Maybe this is Tesla's secret plan to stimulate the world's economies...

edit: Nope, no change after 9 am... oops it's CDT not EDT (thanks @gH0st88!!) so carry on, nothing to see here.. ;)
You bought sun shades (for the front window and roof), right? What about the under seat air outlet covers? Or a rubber seal for the frunk (to keep water/leaves out)? Larger SSD/NVME drive for the card? USB Hub for the glovebox? Screen shield for the tablet? Oh, my favorite, J1772 adapter locking rings?

You bought sun shades (for the front window and roof), right? What about the under seat air outlet covers? Or a rubber seal for the fronl (to keep water/leaves out)? Larger SSD/NVME drive for the card? USB Hub for the glovebox? Screen shield for the tablet? Oh, my favorite, J1772 adapter locking rings?
SunShades - check!
Under Seat Outlet Covers - ?? What ?? these are a thing ???
Rubber Seal - ?? What ?? these are a thing ???
SSD - order in progress... so check!
USB Hub - Nope, have an organizer but will check it out thanks!!!
Screen Shield - check!
J1772 adapter with Locking Rings? - check!! (did not realize MYLRs come with an adapter)

• Funny
Reactions: Abraham
I just texted the 510 number asking if they could see anything on their end since I'm in my EDD window.

The first text I got said, "We can not see anything on our end. Only you have visibility of your estimated delivery time." ???
I got another text two minutes later saying, "Unfortunately, we have not received an update on your allocation."

Reactions: erktrek
EDD update to 4/6-4/15. 9 day window holds yet again.
In a couple of days, we'll be bumping the day that we'll know whether or not the Model Y continues to qualify for the tax credit. :)

That'll be the day that I finally relax after three months because I'll either: 1) No longer be in a hurry or 2) cancel my order and return to my regularly-scheduled programming. :D

1680791748863.png

Yeah. For one or two off charging, the portable unit seems fine. For long(er) term charging..... not so much (especially if not done correctly).

My game plan is to just have mine hard wired. Bought mine from Amazon (from Tesla)
I have been charging using the mobile charger for 4 years now. Licensed electrician put in NEMA 14-50 and correct breaker. I have had no issues.

In a couple of days, we'll be bumping the day that we'll know whether or not the Model Y continues to qualify for the tax credit. :)

That'll be the day that I finally relax after three months because I'll either: 1) No longer be in a hurry or 2) cancel my order and return to my regularly-scheduled programming. :D

View attachment 925634
I want off the ride now, release me from this prison Tesla.😂

• Helpful
Reactions: zroger73